Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 09:34:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why aren't we, the community, regularly paying the lead developers of bitcoin?  (Read 4973 times)
dissipate

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 08:28:10 AM

i'm not saying miners have to support developers, i'm saying we are literally manufacturing money with this platform, so we don't really have a problem figuring out where to get it, and we don't have to go to "businesses".

So you are saying that miners should subsidize the developers?  Roll Eyes
paulie_w (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 02:20:57 PM

no i am saying that we should setup a fund and everyone that can contribute, should.

i don't give a fuck about the difference between miners and regular users.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2012, 02:56:08 PM

Coming from more than a decade of open source this thread seems weird, there's been a surprisingly big gap between open and closed source mindsets for as long as I can remember though.

The bit of the title that looks most alien to me is "paying". That's alien to the whole principle of open source, put "contributing to" in there and I'd say thanks for bringing it up. Not sure if the GLBSE charity fund goes towards bitcoin development, hope so as there are some 1mhz mining bonds I've been meaning to contribute to it for a while, they don't make much but every bit counts.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92684.0

Currently the dividends go to the faucet , the testing project, bitcoin100 and the bounty for blockchain compression. Theres a lot of worthy bitcoin projects and not enough dividends to go round unfortunately. Im hoping the testing project comes soon to save me having to choose winners and losers in the process.

*pokes Gavin

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 04:08:03 PM

I'd rather see people on the dev team that do that awesome work because they believe in bitcoin and are crypto-geeks at heart rather than people who code for money.

I feel the same way about the Police. Thats why I want to fire them all and only rely upon super-heros who do it solely for Truth, Justice and the American way. You don't see Superman bitching about paying his rent do you? Nope, he's got a horrible day job where he's treated like crap by his bosses and mocked on a daily basis to make ends meet, but thats the point isn't it? By making it EXTRA difficult and exhausting to be a hero for the community we make sure we don't get stuck with any of those lousy pragmatic types that give in to the realities of putting food on the table. Nope, thats what makes them SUPER HEROS.

That, and the fact they don't exist.

Wink

more or less retired.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: