Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 12:35:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: British Gay Couple Complain Street Named After Popular Historian Is Homophobic…  (Read 765 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 01:32:11 AM

... Frank Bangay

A road in the sleepy British of Borough Green is under fire for being “homophobic” because it has been recently christened Bangays Way.

The offending piece of tarmac, kerb, and pavement, which leads to a quiet cup de sac in a new residential development, was named Bangays Way after a popular local historian from the area called Frank Bangay.

Born and bred in Borough Green, near Sevenoaks, Kent, Mr. Bangay was a gas fitter and a keen participant in village life. As well as being a member of various sporting organizations, he served as a school governor, a longstanding parish councillor, and was heavily active in the church.

Mr. Banggay died in December of 1999, and 16 years later, it was decided to name a cul de sac in a new residential development after the popular villager.

The street sign was installed last month in a rather low-key fashion typical of such endeavours. An “S” was added to the surname Bangay so it became Bangays Way and that might have been an end to the matter, except the sign caught the eye of a married gay couple who have lived in the village for almost seven years. As they explained to the Mirror, upon seeing the sign, they immediately saw red.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2089235/village-street-named-bangays-way-after-popular-historian-gay-couple-claim-its-offensively-homophobic/#utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Feed&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I would add "Franck" to the name. Case closed!

gangz

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 02:24:26 AM

With a last name like that the poor bloke deserves a street named after him LOL.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 02:39:27 AM

I'm sick of this politically correct nonsense and in this case it's all over a pathetic street name, that's how monolithic and petty these people are. They seriously want to stomp out any sort of opposition to their ways despite some of the obscure natures of said opposition.
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 04:02:30 AM

May be they want the name on the tombstone changed too, because it offends them.
They just have to learn to live with it.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 04:12:19 AM

That is just blatantly stupid

My husband and I went to look round the new development. Having got over the initial humour, we reflected that this street name was actually pretty offensive.

Who the fuck does that? This is as bad as when women suddenly changing their minds that something a guy says is sexist and so on.

When are people going to stop letting these assholes have power over them? It's only because they get away with so much they can do this, when did they decide that it was offensive? Did they take a look at the property value or how much the person who built that place was making?
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1128

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 05:27:47 AM

i don't think this was offensive to gay people. the street name couldn't do anything to gay people, because of what? because that's just a name for the street. how could a person walk through this street, and after he know the street's name, he will be so aggressive and hate gay people directly.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 04:24:25 PM

With a last name like that the poor bloke deserves a street named after him LOL.

"Gay" meant "happy" IN ENGLISH when he grew up, before the word was kidnapped. Beside, we are so much locked into the english language and culture, we get mad when we see a word we believe to be english FIRST... His name wasn't Ban Bay but Bangay. Who knows what the etymology was. But for that ENGLISH gay couple only a full nuclear strike was adequate... A chinese gay couple would not have reacted at all. Why reduce the whole world to your tiny selfish culture down to a pink cul-de-sac?

countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 04:39:11 PM

I don't remember anyone called Bill complaining when the movie Kill Bill was released. This shouldn't be different.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1128

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 05:20:15 PM

I don't remember anyone called Bill complaining when the movie Kill Bill was released. This shouldn't be different.

yeah i agree with you.
how can we get mad immediately when we looked or listened something which that never meant to disturbing us.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 05:30:12 PM

Considering that the United Kingdom is the political correctness capital of the world, I think they will soon rename the street to "Gaylove's Way" or "Uranus Way". No surprise that hundreds of thousands of British citizens (mostly the highly skilled ones) are permanently emigrating to Australia and New Zealand every year.
Bitcoiner2015

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 05:42:21 PM

Sounds like rubbish to me.  I reckon a reporter saw the street, found a gay couple and asked them about it so that they could have a 'story'
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 09:55:19 PM

Sounds like rubbish to me.  I reckon a reporter saw the street, found a gay couple and asked them about it so that they could have a 'story'

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, should bear in mind this is Britain, there's a reason why I have designated it a shithole, there's so much bullshit surrounding these stories that these people really shouldn't be paid attention to at all.
RitzBitzz

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 10:03:59 PM

Considering that the United Kingdom is the political correctness capital of the world, I think they will soon rename the street to "Gaylove's Way" or "Uranus Way". No surprise that hundreds of thousands of British citizens (mostly the highly skilled ones) are permanently emigrating to Australia and New Zealand every year.

Europe is just as politically correct as all of Britain maybe even more so with France.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 10:06:05 PM

Europe is just as politically correct as all of Britain maybe even more so with France.

Have you guys ever had the misfortune of watching BBC Question Time?
RitzBitzz

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 01:44:54 AM

Have you guys ever had the misfortune of watching BBC Question Time?

No but have you ever heard of Sweden or Germanys laws regarding speech.
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 03:51:31 AM

The LGBT community never ceases to amaze me with its hypocrisy. They are the first ones to scream that something offends them, but have no issues at all with offending someone else, especially people who do not agree with their lifestyle.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 05:25:01 AM

The LGBT community never ceases to amaze me with its hypocrisy. They are the first ones to scream that something offends them, but have no issues at all with offending someone else, especially people who do not agree with their lifestyle.

90% of the homosexuals are not political and they have nothing to do with the remaining 10% loonies. The latter fringe group is the one which always create frictions between the homosexual and the heterosexual communities. And some of the ultra-left and radical feminist groups find it convenient to support them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: