Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:09:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying Bitcoin  (Read 1325 times)
PenguinFire (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

That Darn Cat

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 01:33:34 AM

I think I am done with Coinbase.  I just have to much fear about them to continue using them.  At first I was worried about of them having their operations in the US but now I also have the additional fear that they pump and dump and record way more information than others. 

So, what site would you recommend I trade USD for BTC?  I am in the United States and my main cares are they are stable and have stood the test of time and have low fees. 

Thank you for the advice. Smiley

joele
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 01:45:47 AM

I prefer bitfinex they are tested by time.
PenguinFire (OP)

That Darn Cat

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 01:47:03 AM

I will check them out.  Thank you friend.  Does anyone else have a suggestion?  It is always best to compare a handful before making a choice.

EDIT: I notice they are in the testing phase.  Anymore suggestions?

MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 01:54:15 AM

So, what site would you recommend I trade USD for BTC?  I am in the United States and my main cares are they are stable and have stood the test of time and have low fees. 

Thank you for the advice. Smiley

I would recommend circle.com and localbitcoins.com as backups to coinbase.com.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 01:54:56 AM

Bitfinex, Bitstamp and Kraken are amongst the best you can use, I believe these three have advanced interfaces for day traders.

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 02:00:22 AM

While I understand the concerns the OP has, there just isn't an easier way to get bitcoins besides grabbing them from coinbase. I'm not into sending money to some exchange and all that crap. That said, I don't mind trading on these exchanges w/ some play coins.
PenguinFire (OP)

That Darn Cat

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 02:01:02 AM

Bitfinex, Bitstamp and Kraken are amongst the best you can use, I believe these three have advanced interfaces for day traders.

I won't be day trading.  Coinbase just sketches me out now.  I am considering BitStamp and Bitfinex.

Thank you pedrog and Micro!

PenguinFire (OP)

That Darn Cat

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 02:02:24 AM

While I understand the concerns the OP has, there just isn't an easier way to get bitcoins besides grabbing them from coinbase. I'm not into sending money to some exchange and all that crap. That said, I don't mind trading on these exchanges w/ some play coins.

Do you not have any fear with Coinbase?  I guess you wouldn't have the worries I do if you are not a US resident.

Do all of the exchanges take the 3-4 coinbase does when using a bank to transfer?

GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 02:03:38 AM

I've had no trouble with circle.com

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
Undermood
Legendary

Activity: 950
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 02:10:57 AM

I suggest not to put too much money on these centralized exchange or you can spread the fund in different exchanges for the security concern.

╓▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖,
         ,▄██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▄,
        ▄████▀▀░░        ░╙▀▓███▓,
      ,███╣▒▒▒░░╓╖╖╖╖╖╖,░░░▒▒╢▓▓▓[
     ╓▓██▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓╢▓▓▓▓
    ╖▒▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▓▓▓▓▒░,
   ╫▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒               "▓▓▓▓▓▓  ╟
  ▐▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓╖              ▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ]
 ,▓▓░░░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▄           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓`░░ ▐▓▌
 ╟▓▓▌░░░ ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓         ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░╓▓▓▓
 ╟▓▓▓▓   ░`▓▓▓▓▓▓,      ╟▓▓▓▓▓╜░░░░╓▓▓▓▓
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓,░ ░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖   ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░╟▓▓▓▓▌
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖░   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌ ╓██████▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓`
   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌  ░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓╢╣╢╢▓███▓█▀
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓@░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄░▒▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀
            ╙▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀`
InfinitusToken.io
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███

███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
   ███
⚑⚑ Read our Whitepaper
⚑⚑ Medium ⚑⚑ Telegram
[/ta
PenguinFire (OP)

That Darn Cat

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 02:16:02 AM

I suggest not to put too much money on these centralized exchange or you can spread the fund in different exchanges for the security concern.

I plan to just use it for the exchange and then transfer the funds to an offline wallet.

GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 02:21:12 AM

yeah I don't hold my coins at circle.com, OF COURSE!!!

i just send them to polo to buy monero Smiley

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 02:40:13 AM

Why don't you try BTC-e? They are based in Bulgaria (previously in Kiev). But it is not that hard for the American users to initiate deposits / withdrawals in BTC-e. They have been around since time immemorial, and no one has faced any difficulties from them. I don't trust the other sites such as Bitfinex, Bitstamp and Kraken, as they are collaborate with the American authorities.
PenguinFire (OP)

That Darn Cat

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 02:57:17 AM

Why don't you try BTC-e? They are based in Bulgaria (previously in Kiev). But it is not that hard for the American users to initiate deposits / withdrawals in BTC-e. They have been around since time immemorial, and no one has faced any difficulties from them. I don't trust the other sites such as Bitfinex, Bitstamp and Kraken, as they are collaborate with the American authorities.

I guess just the ease of use.  I imagine that is why most people use Circle and Coinbase. 

Also, I just looked at their site again and a lot of the English translations are awkward.

jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 05:08:59 AM

If you are still looking for one, OKCoin might be a good exchange. Since you are buying Bitcoin.. here is a tip, sometime at OKCoin, the price will be much lesser than you see on preev.com. One example is this week, when the price reached $248. OKCoin average exchange rate is $243 or so.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 05:31:12 AM

I have used Bitstamp and have been very happy with them.

What CC options do you use?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 05:55:06 AM

I guess just the ease of use.  I imagine that is why most people use Circle and Coinbase. 

Also, I just looked at their site again and a lot of the English translations are awkward.

Every exchange has its own advantages and disadvantages. The main disadvantage with BTC-e is that they are having very few support staff who can understand English. My support tickets raised in English sometimes took as much as 72 hours to get replied by them. Then I tried by machine translating my request to Russian. The response came within 30 minutes.  Grin
mahi4ever

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 03:48:07 PM

Buying bitcoin is it worth.
How much interest can i get on trading bitcoins.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 07:10:04 PM

Buying bitcoin is it worth.
How much interest can i get on trading bitcoins.

it is worth it to hold and nothing else at the moment, unless you're a professional traders, and can get profit on shorting for your total activity per day

there is no interest earned in trading, you earn money if you makes the right choice, or the right guess based on chart, so there is some TA behind it, no comparison with blindly gambling
playtodos

Activity: 168

http://playtodos.com

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 07:23:58 PM

I recommend circle.com.
It is a reliable site.

█ █ █ █ █████████████████████████████████  PlayTodos  ████  Poker and Bingo                         
POKER    [▶] View Poker Demo    ♠ ♥ ♣ ♦
Free Bonus Everyday ★            BINGO    [▶] View Bingo Demo    ■ ■ ■ ■              ★ Also on Google Play
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: