Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:17:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Britcoin 2.0 Under New Management: Cryptocurrency For The Masses  (Read 14680 times)
batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 03:56:27 PM

Nothing it seems, aswell as dead social media and dead domain names seems like nothing is happening. Also no links to block explorers on thread so no way to look as network statistics.

Britcoin is a relatively good name, does anyone have access to the official Twitter? Does anyone have contact with the original team? ,what's the current distribution of the coin?

I would love to see a UK based and styled cryptocurrency instead of the average pump and dump creating a bad image for many coins.

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
will7am
Legendary

Activity: 973
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 04:04:46 PM

I'm willing to give you guys some free hosting at cryptocloudhosting.org to help you guys out, if you guys are interested

Thanks, we may take you up on that.

Hey guys.  I didn't even know this thread existed until today, wish someone had told me! Smiley

I'm pretty busy these days with my exchange (CryptoMate) but I'm available if anyone needs me for advice or help in any way, would be a real shame to see this wither out, it has so much potential.  The new owner (Ken) hasn't really been in contact with me since he took over and I haven't really been keeping a close eye on how things were going.  I notice the coin isn't listed on Bittrex any more, which sucks, but it's not the end of the world. Smiley

All the best.

will7am
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 04:06:24 PM

Nothing it seems, aswell as dead social media and dead domain names seems like nothing is happening. Also no links to block explorers on thread so no way to look as network statistics.

Britcoin is a relatively good name, does anyone have access to the official Twitter? Does anyone have contact with the original team? ,what's the current distribution of the coin?

I would love to see a UK based and styled cryptocurrency instead of the average pump and dump creating a bad image for many coins.

I handed over the information for the social media accounts, github and the domain (britcoin.io) to a lad named Ken.  I can put you two in touch via email if you like?  Smiley

batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 04:08:19 PM

I handed over the information for the social media accounts, github and the domain (britcoin.io) to a lad named Ken.  I can put you two in touch via email if you like?  Smiley

Please do, I'll PM you my email. Would really like to see a strong UK based cryptocurrency and can buy in if the option is available

will7am
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 05:21:29 PM

Please do, I'll PM you my email. Would really like to see a strong UK based cryptocurrency and can buy in if the option is available

Send  Smiley

Perhaps we should have a discussion on the old IRC channel - #britcoin on Freenode

batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 06:16:32 PM

Send  Smiley

Perhaps we should have a discussion on the old IRC channel - #britcoin on Freenode

Thanks will reply soon. We will see if Ken replies within a set time if not I'm thinking I or We create a new UK based cryptocurrency

Thanks again

dgmon

Activity: 438
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 08:13:01 AM

Shall we vote on Cryptopia?  https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Home/Voting

(We do need a website to get listed tho)
bitcoin_flapper

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 08:40:59 AM

List of Online Merchants under construction that are Contracted to accept Britcoin as a Payment Method:

1)   Britcex.com

Britcex.com is down
batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2015, 10:23:21 AM

I handed over the information for the social media accounts, github and the domain (britcoin.io) to a lad named Ken.  I can put you two in touch via email if you like?  Smiley

Being transparent, I have emailed Ken (Thanks will7am for his email address) to see what plans are ahead for Britcoin, I will wait a week or so for a reply if no reply I'll move ahead with my plans Smiley

dgmon

Activity: 438
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 02:12:48 PM

We will see if Ken replies within a set time if not I'm thinking I or We create a new UK based cryptocurrency

Why create a new one?  Britcoin is open source.  We don't need Ken's permission to develop it.
batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2015, 02:17:36 PM

We will see if Ken replies within a set time if not I'm thinking I or We create a new UK based cryptocurrency

Why create a new one?  Britcoin is open source.  We don't need Ken's permission to develop it.

Of course it is opensource but as for all the accounts (Domain doesn't matter too much) they are not and we really need a trusted circle who have access to these, these type of accounts will help Britcoin grow but forking and starting on our own these will always be there with the possibility of Ken activating them again down the line

will7am
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 02:33:17 PM

Of course it is opensource but as for all the accounts (Domain doesn't matter too much) they are not and we really need a trusted circle who have access to these, these type of accounts will help Britcoin grow but forking and starting on our own these will always be there with the possibility of Ken activating them again down the line

I think it would be much better to build off what we have with Britcoin, like we have a tested network, branding and a decent internet footprint (articles etc).  I hope Ken will let us know what's up, whether he's going to take this project further or not.  Would be a shame to see this fade in to nothing.

batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2015, 06:19:16 PM

I think it would be much better to build off what we have with Britcoin, like we have a tested network, branding and a decent internet footprint (articles etc).  I hope Ken will let us know what's up, whether he's going to take this project further or not.  Would be a shame to see this fade in to nothing.

It will be indeed, seems like Britcoin had some great ideas, ideas we could build on! Come on Ken Smiley

VanityWallets2015

Activity: 1498
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 07:36:12 AM

It will be indeed, seems like Britcoin had some great ideas, ideas we could build on! Come on Ken Smiley

Any update from "Ken"do Nagasaki? Ahhhhhso!

Why would anyone "takeover" a coin, then disappear and remove everything from the web? Don't you think it's all a bit bizarre?

Hopefully Ken works for HM Treasury and they are going to use Britcoin as the main coin in a UK based digital currency economy, Ahhhhso!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
......1xBit.com..BENEFIT ..SEASON........
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████████████████
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2015, 09:24:54 AM

I think it would be much better to build off what we have with Britcoin, like we have a tested network, branding and a decent internet footprint (articles etc).  I hope Ken will let us know what's up, whether he's going to take this project further or not.  Would be a shame to see this fade in to nothing.

Why would anyone "takeover" a coin, then disappear and remove everything from the web? Don't you think it's all a bit bizarre?

Hopefully Ken works for HM Treasury and they are going to use Britcoin as the main coin in a UK based digital currency economy, Ahhhhso!

No update yet. It is hard when a person takes over a coin as opposed to a community, its also very bizarre as the domain hasn't expired for Britcoin.io and the website was live (https://web.archive.org/web/20150403215342/http://britcoin.io/) but is now dead

will7am
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 10:49:46 AM

I think it would be much better to build off what we have with Britcoin, like we have a tested network, branding and a decent internet footprint (articles etc).  I hope Ken will let us know what's up, whether he's going to take this project further or not.  Would be a shame to see this fade in to nothing.

No update yet. It is hard when a person takes over a coin as opposed to a community, its also very bizarre as the domain hasn't expired for Britcoin.io and the website was live (https://web.archive.org/web/20150403215342/http://britcoin.io/) but is now dead

I still have the website files, so if worst comes to worse we can get it online on a different domain..  Sadly all the good domains are taken, and I assume no one wants to drop some cash on buying the .com or .co.uk Tongue

Btw, I will look in to adding Britcoin to CryptoMate.co.uk, replacing NXT perhaps.  But I would need to know that there is someone "at the helm" so to speak who's driving this project forwards.

leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 01:18:24 PM

I still have the website files, so if worst comes to worse we can get it online on a different domain..  Sadly all the good domains are taken, and I assume no one wants to drop some cash on buying the .com or .co.uk Tongue

Btw, I will look in to adding Britcoin to CryptoMate.co.uk, replacing NXT perhaps.  But I would need to know that there is someone "at the helm" so to speak who's driving this project forwards.

I will pay for the domain if we can get someone to take the helm.

Nice to see your still around Will7iam.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 07:20:29 PM

The only half decent names I could find were britcoin.co and britcoin.online.

What do you guys think?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2015, 07:37:49 PM

What do you guys think?

Britcoin.co is ok, what worries me is if we don't have control of the 'main domains' should Ken decide to kickstart Britcoin again we will have a huge conflict

leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 10:42:17 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2015, 10:52:31 PM by leigh2k14

[quotKen coming backuthor=batesresearch link=topic=1061026.msg13187206#msg13187206 date=1449603469]

What do you guys think?

Britcoin.co is ok, what worries me is if we don't have control of the 'main domains' should Ken decide to kickstart Britcoin again we will have a huge conflict
[/quote]

Here's a thought, what exactly does Ken control? Twitter, Facebook. Github and britcoin.io.

Would we would need github or could we start our own?

I really don't see him coming back, it been months.

What we need most is a captain at the helm. Any takers?

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: