Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:26:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We're building a wallet - what features do you want?  (Read 2047 times)
cryptodyk

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 02:45:59 PM

Why a new wallet?  Couldn't you help develop an existing one?
Insert_Bitcoin (OP)

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 01:17:26 AM

Why a new wallet?  Couldn't you help develop an existing one?

Sure, if our visions were 100% compatible but developing our own means we have creative control.
ThePiGuy

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 03:32:10 AM

Making something that everyone will love is very hard.  I am a developer, and I need Electrum-like functionality with different HD-wallet-format supports, and access to hundreds of addresses and tens of wallets with easy clicks.  For me, Electrum works best for address management and whatnot.

However, I'm not like most people.  They want a Mycelium-like wallet that's easy, gives an address to receive, and lets you send without hassle.

If you're making a new wallet, build one that has completely Electrum functionality (so that is a fork of Electrum), with the following features:

• Multiple coins from the same HD code (BTC, LTC, DOGE, MYR are the main ones)
  • Easily switch between wallets without using File -> Open (like you have to do in Electrum)

I'm an amateur Python coder (but can really do just about any language if you want), and would be interested in helping with the project.  Let me know if there's any desire for another goofy programmer.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 06:22:40 AM

• Multiple coins from the same HD code (BTC, LTC, DOGE, MYR are the main ones)
  • Easily switch between wallets without using File -> Open (like you have to do in Electrum)

Pretty interesting suggestions, wouldn't mind seeing this type of functionality Smiley
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 6176

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 07:39:58 AM

For the moment I only have one idea which I really would like to see on any Bitcoin wallet and it's making the ability for users to create a Multi signature adresses and it gets added to your receiving adresses and not creating it by cmd like on Bitcoin Core which is a little bit difficult if you ask me .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 10:16:37 AM

in-build chat
lightning opening of the client(better optimization of the code)
2fa directly added to the client, so you need to login to use it, and on top of that a msg is sent to your phone, this should remove the problem of newbies losing coins because of their low competence in security
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 01:03:11 PM

Good wallet need serious security and fast BTC transfer times. I think good wallet need small amount of RAM. And not Web based, because of security.  Wink
Bitdonator
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 07:47:52 PM

Maybe feed with newest important news about bitcoin
TrackCoin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 10:20:16 PM

From our hearts we can tell Bitcoin team that we love Bitcoin fully systems very much as usual. If we can be a member of Bitcoin team or family its really great opportunity for us and very honour much happiness offers for us. We can do anything for our great Bitcoin family. Thanks

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: