Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 03:09:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Service to receive payments in Bitcoin from non-Bitcoin users?  (Read 1104 times)
fryarminer (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 03:37:28 PM

I'm interested in selling stuff on a website to people who have no idea what Bitcoin is, but I want to get payments in Bitcoin.
So basically something as simple as PayPal for the buyer. They use their credit /debit card to pay, however it is converted into bitcoin and sent to my bitcoin address.

Does anyone know of a service or company that can do that? Is that something that Coinbase or Circle can do?

It would be nice if something like this was an optional payment method for eBay. It would also flip the tables around, instead of merchants taking our bitcoin and converting it to cash at the end of the day, we could take cash from buyers and convert it to bitcoin.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 04:00:35 PM

I'm interested in selling stuff on a website to people who have no idea what Bitcoin is, but I want to get payments in Bitcoin.
So basically something as simple as PayPal for the buyer. They use their credit /debit card to pay, however it is converted into bitcoin and sent to my bitcoin address.

Does anyone know of a service or company that can do that? Is that something that Coinbase or Circle can do?

It would be nice if something like this was an optional payment method for eBay. It would also flip the tables around, instead of merchants taking our bitcoin and converting it to cash at the end of the day, we could take cash from buyers and convert it to bitcoin.

Do you mean that automatically convert dollar to bitcoin directly after the payment has been made? I guess there are no such thing auto convert bitcoin to cash or vice versa because the algorithm is to hard to make, it its not easy like other systems. And they need to match the current volatile price of this bitcoin
fryarminer (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 04:04:19 PM

Do you mean that automatically convert dollar to bitcoin directly after the payment has been made? I guess there are no such thing auto convert bitcoin to cash or vice versa because the algorithm is to hard to make, it its not easy like other systems

Yes that's kind of what I would like. Or simply just the reverse of what Coinbase or Snapcard does for retailers. That people could pay with dollars and we could withdraw or receive that payment directly in Bitcoin.
BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 04:18:40 PM

Do you mean that automatically convert dollar to bitcoin directly after the payment has been made? I guess there are no such thing auto convert bitcoin to cash or vice versa because the algorithm is to hard to make, it its not easy like other systems

Yes that's kind of what I would like. Or simply just the reverse of what Coinbase or Snapcard does for retailers. That people could pay with dollars and we could withdraw or receive that payment directly in Bitcoin.

Sorry, I made a mistake. There are already got system for automatically convert the payment to bitcoin or vice versa but I can't recall what it is
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 04:21:50 PM

Are they many non-BTC users willing to receive any payment in BTC?
The opposite service would probably get more customers.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
fryarminer (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 04:26:28 PM

Ok.

So I want to receive bitcoin instead of cash because I hate banks and stuff.

Bob and Mary have no idea what bitcoin is.

I want to sell something to Bob. And Mary.

Bob pays with credit card.

I get the amount from the transaction in bitcoin.
BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 05:32:51 PM

Please read carefully before you post. The OP wants to get payment in bitcoin since he doesnt want to convert cash to bitcoin so he asking whether there are some exchanges or system that can automatically convert the buyer payment to bitcoin so he doesnt need to wasting time to convert cash to the bitcoin again.
RussianRaibow

Activity: 616

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 05:40:38 PM

What you want is simply reverse of BitPay. I remember long ago BitPay tweeted that this is difficult because most of the FIAT payment methods are reversible in nature. Still, I think, you may use OKpay for this. There your customers will pay in USD/EUR etc. and you'll be able to withdraw in BTC. Please do research yourself in detail regarding OKpay before you implement it.

I AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMER
thebenjamincode

Activity: 490

37iGtdUJc2xXTDkw5TQZJQX1Wb98gSLYVP

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 01:28:57 AM
Last edit: May 19, 2015, 08:37:17 AM by thebenjamincode

try to use this https://bitpay.com/pricing
cakir
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

★ BitClave ICO: 15/09/17 ★

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 01:34:14 AM

Yes you can do it but it's not an automatic process and it has some fee.
There's a service called payeer like paypal.
It accepts lots of payment methods, users may pay with cc via payeer and you can create btc-e codes from yout balance (fee was around %2 or sth like that)

Also there's payza that accepts btc but I'm not sure if they're paying out bitcoin.

,'#██+:                 
              ,█████████████'             
            +██████████████████           
          ;██████████████████████         
         ███████:         .███████`       
        ██████               ;█████'      
      `█████                   #████#     
      ████+                     `████+    
     ████:                        ████,   
    ████:    .#              █     ████   
   ;███+     ██             ███     ████  
   ████     ███'            ███.    '███, 
  +███     #████           ,████     ████ 
  ████     █████ .+██████: █████+    `███.
 ,███     ███████████████████████     ████
 ████     ███████████████████████'    :███
 ███:    +████████████████████████     ███`
 ███     █████████████████████████`    ███+
,███     ██████████████████████████    #███
'███    '██████████████████████████    ;███
#███    ███████████████████████████    ,███
████    ███████████████████████████.   .███
████    ███████████████████████████'   .███
+███    ███████████████████████████+   :███
:███    ███████████████████████████'   +███
 ███    ███████████████████████████.   ███#
 ███.   #██████████████████████████    ███,
 ████    █████████████████████████+   `███
 '███    '████████████████████████    ████
  ███;    ███████████████████████     ███;
  ████     #████████████████████     ████ 
   ███#     .██████████████████     `███+ 
   ████`      ;██████████████       ████  
    ████         '███████#.        ████.  
    .████                         █████   
     '████                       █████    
      #████'                    █████     
       +█████`                ██████      
        ,██████:           `███████       
          ████████#;,..:+████████.        
           ,███████████████████+          
             .███████████████;            
                `+███████#,               
bitbaby

Activity: 812

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 03:09:28 AM

It accepts lots of payment methods, users may pay with cc via payeer and you can create btc-e codes from yout balance (fee was around %2 or sth like that)

Also there's payza that accepts btc but I'm not sure if they're paying out bitcoin.

AFAIK Payza does allow withdrawals in Bitcoin and they accept credit cards and other payment methods also. Although I am not sure how much fee they would add to it. So OP do your research, have a talk with their support and make sure you understand the T&Q clearly prior to adding that to your site.

But other than that you can just use payment methods like Skrill to accept credit card payments and convert them to bitcoin yourself by finding a trader either on this forum or LBC.

fryarminer (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 12:34:48 PM

i think you should use something like the merchant tools of coinbase or shapeshift,.io

Coinbase doesn't have the option in the merchant tools and shapeshift is only among other cryptos, not cash.
fryarminer (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 12:42:20 PM

AFAIK Payza does allow withdrawals in Bitcoin and they accept credit cards and other payment methods also. Although I am not sure how much fee they would add to it. So OP do your research, have a talk with their support and make sure you understand the T&Q clearly prior to adding that to your site.

But other than that you can just use payment methods like Skrill to accept credit card payments and convert them to bitcoin yourself by finding a trader either on this forum or LBC.

Nice. Payza looks like what I'm looking for - at least it will hold me over until another startup does it better!

Thanks, you rule!

fryarminer (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 03:31:29 PM

This is what I found on Payza.

So... any other options?

Payza Review
August 22, 2014

We are currently able to locate over 150 negative Payza reviews on various websites, and nearly all of these complaints accuse Payza of being a fund holding scam that signs new customers up for service with the intention of holding their funds and gathering interest on them… Payza does not appear to be a reliable merchant account alternative for business owners at this time

https://www.cardpaymentoptions.com/alternatives/payza/
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 06:27:05 PM

When you do that it means that you use double currency, why do you even want to do that? Why don't you just ask the buyer to start using Bitcoin? It would be simpler for me Wink

faucet used to be profitable
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 06:58:59 PM

i think GoUrl can do that
Bitcoin_BOy$

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

|| Web developer ||

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 08:06:39 PM

Hello , Here's a fast method that you can use : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=917350.0
its a bitcoin debit card  , so you can receive on it payment and exchange them if you want
in one sec .  * ( You can use the link to find information about it )

Hope I helped you ,
Bitcoin Boy .
fryarminer (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 09:44:34 PM

When you do that it means that you use double currency, why do you even want to do that? Why don't you just ask the buyer to start using Bitcoin? It would be simpler for me Wink

So I want to be paid in bitcoin.
I want to sell stuff to people who are "bitcoin challenged" and find it too complicated to use.
I need a service who can collect payment from them and pay me in bitcoin.

Without my using a bank.
fryarminer (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:09:11 PM

i think GoUrl can do that

GoUrl is nice - very nice - but doesn't do cash, just bitcoin and altcoins
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393