Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:32:11 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple, Now trying to Block and Stop: PROTESTORS  (Read 2667 times)
QuantumKiwi

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2012, 10:44:28 PM

Apple will always be a king, unfortunately...

They stole the touch screen technology from microsoft, then put it into a phone.

Of course another tech company is going to come along and make a similar smart phone, but with completely different software - samsung did it.

Apple whipped out their huge dick and decked samsung with a pathetic excuse.

and now, our technology age is slowing down due to what? GREED.

Thats all it is, GREED and its every where. Money Systems, Banks, Economy, govts, local govts, corporates....

Starting your own website?
CLOUD Hosting from $4.95/0.05BTC!
blakdawg

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 10:49:04 PM

Basically, If you own an "iDevice" Apple will soon have the Right to disable your camera if you are in an area where protests are taking place

I do not like the technology or its application, but let's at least be clear about what the patent does and does not do. The patent has absolutely no bearing on what Apple can and can't do vis-a-vis consumers' devices. The patent actually makes it so that Apple can sue other companies if they use this horrible anti-freedom technology without paying a fee to Apple for the privilege of so doing. This makes it tougher for those companies to make anti-freedom devices.  

IMO, Apple is a dying company

Does the calendar on your wall say 1996? Here are some news updates: George Bush's son was elected president. Bad guys flew planes into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. A black guy is now President. Gas is $4/gallon. On August 20, 2012, Apple's valuation was the highest ever recorded for a publicly traded company.

If that's dying, pretty much every other company wishes they were dying.

If you want to take a long view, all people and all companies are dying. Some of us are going faster than others. Apple has a long, long way to go before they run out of juice.
QuantumKiwi

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2012, 10:59:39 PM

Basically, If you own an "iDevice" Apple will soon have the Right to disable your camera if you are in an area where protests are taking place

I do not like the technology or its application, but let's at least be clear about what the patent does and does not do. The patent has absolutely no bearing on what Apple can and can't do vis-a-vis consumers' devices. The patent actually makes it so that Apple can sue other companies if they use this horrible anti-freedom technology without paying a fee to Apple for the privilege of so doing. This makes it tougher for those companies to make anti-freedom devices.  

Does the calendar on your wall say 1996? Here are some news updates: George Bush's son was elected president. Bad guys flew planes into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. A black guy is now President. Gas is $4/gallon. On August 20, 2012, Apple's valuation was the highest ever recorded for a publicly traded company.

If that's dying, pretty much every other company wishes they were dying.

If you want to take a long view, all people and all companies are dying. Some of us are going faster than others. Apple has a long, long way to go before they run out of juice.

All it could take is ONE really SHIT product and everyone will gap, so far there is already a lot of people moving to android because of the " clone " like idol towards apple iphones.

Starting your own website?
CLOUD Hosting from $4.95/0.05BTC!
Fiyasko (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 04:38:31 AM

-Snip- On August 20, 2012, Apple's valuation was the highest ever recorded for a publicly traded company.

-Snip- Apple has a long, long way to go before they run out of juice.

@ the underlined, Uhh, Are you.. Uh, Serious?

I will never disagree with charts, Correct on the Apple company status.
Where my sense of "apple is dying" is coming from, Is that the world is slowly waking up the how big the "iOS bubble" is, And that apple (i feel) is trying to keep people inside that bubble, When we dont even use Apple products.
And they make Pissant lawsuits over Look and Feel? Im suuuurrre the trial just Had to be held in silicone valley, <10miles from Apple HQ!
LOOK AND FEEL, Guys fucking c'mon, I'll sue you and all your Monitors for having a simmilar look and feel as my companies
And your TV's
And your microwave ovens!
HERESY! they will call it!

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 04:40:53 AM

I've only read the first sentence of OP, and this is absolutely sickening.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
blakdawg

Activity: 113

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 04:58:13 AM

I do not like the technology or its application, but let's at least be clear about what the patent does and does not do. The patent has absolutely no bearing on what Apple can and can't do vis-a-vis consumers' devices.

@ the underlined, Uhh, Are you.. Uh, Serious?

Yes. Absolutely serious. The patent has absolutely nothing to do with what Apple can do with its own devices, in terms of what they build or what they enable or disable. It's just totally unrelated.

Think of the patent as a hunting license that lets Apple's lawyers go hunting for other companies who build phones with the "disable for protests" feature without paying Apple a license fee.

Patents aren't permission from the government for an inventor to use or sell their own device: they are permission slips from the government to sue everyone else who makes that device.
paulie_w

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 05:03:14 AM

guys stop picking on apple, they r a gr8 company
Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 05:07:31 AM

The first thing I am taking out from a laptop, Notebook or phone is actually the camera and the mic...
 Smiley

*Takes mic out of phone*

"Call not work!"

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
hottweelz

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 05:08:52 AM

I now feel guilty for typing this post on a Macbook Pro....

ok over it.

Badonkadonk

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 11:38:47 PM

just me or is this patent thing getting a bit out of hand?   Wink

Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 01:49:14 AM

just me or is this patent thing getting a bit out of hand?   Wink

Corporations get bored, too Tongue

camjenk

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 02:34:10 AM

They have more money than god! With this new iphone coming out soon they will have plenty of money to crush the billion dollar lawsuit. Who knows they may actually pull it off:(
scintill

Activity: 448
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 02:46:21 AM

http://www.zdnet.com/apple-patent-could-remotely-disable-protesters-phone-cameras-7000003640/
So you will be unable to use your "iDevice" to takedown Proof and Evidence of the protest and its actions

With this comes the question, If they can Turn it off whenever they want once this "patent" goes through, What stops them from turning it on?

In 2084: On January 24th, Apple will release the Big Brother Phone, and you'll see why 2084 will be just like "1984."

1SCiN5kqkAbxxwesKMsH9GvyWnWP5YK2W | donations
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 03:11:50 AM

AAPL pays much better then Bitcoin.   Cool
paulie_w

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 03:55:02 AM

does it actually?
dotcom

Activity: 354

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 05:06:57 AM

as much as I don't like apple as a company, why does everybody rail agaisnt this lawsuit they have agaisnt samsung.

it wasn't just the phone hardware that fueled the lawsuit, the software works almost EXACTLY the same. has anybody
even seen the comparison videos? it's like samsung mirrored the phone and then changed 2 things before shipping.

as much as i hate apple, they had every right in the world to sue samsung.

JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 05:09:49 AM

Umm, what?! That's like describing me buying a gun by saying that I "will soon have the right to shoot people".

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
tronics

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 08:02:21 AM

It's pretty sad a company like apple has so much power
Badonkadonk

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 08:51:05 AM

They have more money than god! With this new iphone coming out soon they will have plenty of money to crush the billion dollar lawsuit. Who knows they may actually pull it off:(

i realy dont belive god has money! he has BITCOINS! Cheesy

Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 11:12:35 AM

Apple:

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: