Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:05:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bought 4 Graphics Cards from BTC guy, no response after a week  (Read 8972 times)
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12972

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 05:09:58 AM

I received this message:

Hello,

My name is Dean. It has come to my attention that I have been accused of a crime and my name and address is posted publicly on your website. It has also come to my attention that members of your website are encouraging other members to "pay me a visit". Three guys showed up at my door to question and eventually accuse me of committing this crime. I do not appreciate being harassed and I will not tolerate it. These people are not welcome at my residence for any reason. Please infom the members of your website if they show up on my property again I will call the police immediately. I understand a crime has been committed and they are trying to figure things out but to be perfectly honest thats not my problem. I have no knowledge or information about this crime and I do not wish to be involved. Please remove my name and address from your website immediately and encourage your members not to come around again. Thank you.

Dean Munet

My gut feeling at the moment is that BTC Guy is trying to distract his victims. But I haven't investigated this enough. I'll think about it more tomorrow.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
monstrs

Activity: 555
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 05:30:32 AM

Hey I could care less... Have fun.

Your a fucken prick.

There's the BTC GUY we know!

? That guy was being a asshoe and failed to look at the proof, so what point are you trying to make? I not him look at the address and name that member "bitarrow" shipped to and quick being hard headed already. I done trying to reason with you guys, you guys are idiots. I going to do what I have to do and can give a shit if you guys get your coins back from him or not, at this point.

Just write your real adress and phone, name, and approve that.
monstrs

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 05:35:16 AM

I received this message:

Hello,

My name is Dean. It has come to my attention that I have been accused of a crime and my name and address is posted publicly on your website. It has also come to my attention that members of your website are encouraging other members to "pay me a visit". Three guys showed up at my door to question and eventually accuse me of committing this crime. I do not appreciate being harassed and I will not tolerate it. These people are not welcome at my residence for any reason. Please infom the members of your website if they show up on my property again I will call the police immediately. I understand a crime has been committed and they are trying to figure things out but to be perfectly honest thats not my problem. I have no knowledge or information about this crime and I do not wish to be involved. Please remove my name and address from your website immediately and encourage your members not to come around again. Thank you.

Dean Munet

My gut feeling at the moment is that BTC Guy is trying to distract his victims. But I haven't investigated this enough. I'll think about it more tomorrow.

He is just trying to get some time, not sur for what.
retropcdos

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 07:17:57 AM

I scammer-tagged retropcdos because he's very close to BTC Guy in IP space and I found his posts to be suspicious. It's possible he's just unlucky IP-wise and I misjudged his posts, though. I'll look into it more tomorrow.

retropcdos states that he IS at the street address in that genuine butterfly labs receipt which is also the address for BTC GUY.  It is possible that BTC guy paid real bitcoin for a BFL single and was going to donate it to retropcdos and that retropcdos is in the same ip space as well.  Not too likely though. 

When BTC guy shipped real product, his return address was the same address as well. 

In the end BTC guys BFL product will be shipped to that address where retropcdos states he lives.  Occam's razor anyone?

No you have it mixup that not my address that on that receipt, that his, mines is completely different, he only must have gave mines to the only people that showup, I took it as he use it in his account. Go to that address, it not mines so I could careless definally don't want to hold you back. Just trying to get enough details to file a police report on him as he also scammed me, then gave my address and name out to guys that showup, otherwise I would have never known and been on here.
retropcdos

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 07:40:35 AM

I scammer-tagged retropcdos because he's very close to BTC Guy in IP space and I found his posts to be suspicious. It's possible he's just unlucky IP-wise and I misjudged his posts, though. I'll look into it more tomorrow.

retropcdos states that he IS at the street address in that genuine butterfly labs receipt which is also the address for BTC GUY.  It is possible that BTC guy paid real bitcoin for a BFL single and was going to donate it to retropcdos and that retropcdos is in the same ip space as well.  Not too likely though. 

When BTC guy shipped real product, his return address was the same address as well. 

In the end BTC guys BFL product will be shipped to that address where retropcdos states he lives.  Occam's razor anyone?

No you have it mixup that not my address that on that receipt, that his, mines is completely different, he only must have gave mines to the only people that showup, I took it as he use it in his account. Go to that address, it not mines so I could careless definally don't want to hold you back. Just trying to get enough details to file a police report on him as he also scammed me, then gave my address and name out to guys that showup, otherwise I would have never known and been on here.

What he did was gave my address and name in PM to a couple of members, one being "mobstrs", in the PM you fowarded to me, more likely did it to buy time and redirect people. The one in the butterfly receipt is different from mines and is his real address, the one in the PM's he sent you and details you forwarded to me is mines.
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 07:54:58 AM

man, this comes as shocking news, I had done business with him in the past and everything turned out great. 

evidence is piling up against him though, this isn't looking good. 
monstrs

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 08:21:45 AM

man, this comes as shocking news, I had done business with him in the past and everything turned out great. 

Can you confirm one or another adress or name ? Thanks for help.
retropcdos

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 12:00:48 PM

If you ever had to ship a item to him, can you please till us what address you shipped it to.
retropcdos

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 12:41:04 PM

If you ever had to ship a item to him, can you please till us what address you shipped it to.

The only thing I will confrim is the address and name on the receipt from butterflylabs address is the scammers real address and not mines. Not going to put my address out on a public forum especially when people believe I am still him.

Plus my ebay and youtube is my user name "retropcdos" with real name and has been up for years with 100% positive with over 100's of transactions some being over 3k - 4k cash on one transaction and most in 100's of dollars and never a issue and youtube channel have 100's of video showing people how to do various repairs and restorations that took hours to do 1 video and alot of people know me, as I do repairs for them and more then my screen name on various forums to.

Why would I invest that kind of time, I am talking over 6 years just to scam this site and then give my real address in PM when I am planning to scam you? Even a pretty stupid scammer won't do that, their always more likely going to give you someone else, or fake info in this case he gave mines out via PM when people ask him for his contact info.

I am just on here due to people show up at my door around 8am looking for this asshoe and they made me aware that BTCGUY was giving out my name and address instead of his via PM, to other members to cover himseft. But he fuckup and forgot that you have to be able to receive items somehow if you bought items off the net using the stolen coins, like the butterfly receipt link below which shows his real info. That how those guys found his real address, as they made a few calls.   

https://bitpay.com/invoice?id=hk-jU0M0SfuGr0tGOdbTbw6Ic7wCaONIo05jOCXzh3E=
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 01:53:10 PM

Yeah that is a cool youtube channel....

Well if BTCguy did scam ya.... and used your info.... That sucks.....

Dude is a total doucher...

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 02:19:26 PM

Why not use escrow? You must demand escrow from the seller or no deal. In a non reversible currency like bitcoin, escrow is 100% required, even with trusted seller.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 02:30:18 PM

With people saying they have done past trades with him, Either 2 things are plausible, Either he was just building up rep to do this heist,
Or he was genuine, Then left for some reason, Someone close took his account and done the damage.

I really doubt he left, So IMO was building up to this all the time.
Shame, I do feel for you guys, But it does support the escrow service, And also proves that BTC is worth steeling.

Watching this, I really hope you get him (whoever him turns out to be)
retropcdos

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 03:18:17 PM

Why not use escrow? You must demand escrow from the seller or no deal. In a non reversible currency like bitcoin, escrow is 100% required, even with trusted seller.

I knew him for over a year, bought all kinds of stuff of him, LCD'S tv, laptops and computer parts, like CPU'S, GPU'S, found find on Craigslist, seem like a ok guy never had issues with him, so trusted him. He was suppose to buy a lot of GPU's, but he needed the money to pay for them, so I Paypal him the $2800 and when he receive the cards he was going to drop them off. That never happen and he moved out and lefted. It was Paypal did get them to refund me $1200, but still out the $1600. But for large payments escrow is the best way to go.   
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 03:54:09 PM

I don't know if this is relevant, but retropcdos deleted this post:
The only thing I know for sure is his first name is Dean, as officer called him that and pretty much what everyone knows him by, his last name is what I not sure about as he said munt, but who knows at this point?

retropcdos

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 04:23:38 PM

I don't know if this is relevant, but retropcdos deleted this post:
The only thing I know for sure is his first name is Dean, as officer called him that and pretty much what everyone knows him by, his last name is what I not sure about as he said munt, but who knows at this point?

I did at first because I didn't at first wanted to put his name out their for legal reasons, but someone else already did, so doesn't matter.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 04:44:46 PM

While certain parts of retropcdos's story seem suspicious, I'm not confident anymore that he's BTC Guy. That shipping receipt is especially convincing. I removed his scammer tag. I'm very sorry about that if you're innocent!

retropcdos

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 05:00:03 PM

While certain parts of retropcdos's story seem suspicious, I'm not confident anymore that he's BTC Guy. That shipping receipt is especially convincing. I removed his scammer tag. I'm very sorry about that if you're innocent!

I understand your just doing your job, to protect the members on here.
TGJJ (OP)

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 06:09:01 PM

Would just like to inform you that godchronic is a bit of twat. He sent me this message:

Lmao Hes my homie, Its unfortunate pour vous. But I wont sell the guy down the river to some nubbster I dont even know. Ya got scammed and I find that hilarious, I enjoy that you reach out for a helping hand and I'm fortunate enough to piss on your misfortunes. No but seriously you provided me and my mates with a good laugh so thanks brah =)
retropcdos

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 06:16:54 PM

Would just like to inform you that godchronic is a bit of twat. He sent me this message:

Lmao Hes my homie, Its unfortunate pour vous. But I wont sell the guy down the river to some nubbster I dont even know. Ya got scammed and I find that hilarious, I enjoy that you reach out for a helping hand and I'm fortunate enough to piss on your misfortunes. No but seriously you provided me and my mates with a good laugh so thanks brah =)

What a dick, some people just have nothing better to do then troll.
salty

Activity: 562
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 06:42:32 PM

Not something I'd brag about.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: