Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:48:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: -Rep abuse  (Read 1061 times)
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3052

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 01:35:44 PM

Thing with steam accounts is that they're so easily recallable. A single message to steam support and they'd give you a way to change your password. That's why steam accounts aren't valid as collateral. Let alone that the value you quoted isn't easily to liquidate in any way. So even if you had a way to convince that you wouldn't recall your collateral back (no such way exists, I'm talking hypothetically here) in the case that you defaulted, the person that gave you the loan would have had an extremely hard time trying to sell this account to gain back what he lost from you defaulting.

I've modified my collateral post to list Steam as an example of social engineering.  Hopefully this will cut down on users trying to use it as collateral.

- Most valuable online accounts can easily be recovered by social engineering (the user contacting support to say they were hacked, and regain control of the account)  Examples:  Steam

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Glutius (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 11:58:46 AM

Fine. I guess a steam account isn't a collateral.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: