Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 09:17:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S3+ in China with China Telecom ISP  (Read 672 times)
GreenChina (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 02:07:04 AM

I have been unable to hash with this unit for about 2-3 weeks.
I wonder if the ISP or gov't recently banned mining in China?
On the config page http://192.168.1.99  overview I only get 48/1000 active connections.
Is there anyway to circumvent such ban ? How can I get more active connections?

I had been using this machine for the past 6 months without problems on hamsterpool and antpool.

Any ideas? Please let me know!
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 03:23:51 AM

I have been unable to hash with this unit for about 2-3 weeks.
I wonder if the ISP or gov't recently banned mining in China?
On the config page http://192.168.1.99  overview I only get 48/1000 active connections.
Is there anyway to circumvent such ban ? How can I get more active connections?

I had been using this machine for the past 6 months without problems on hamsterpool and antpool.

Any ideas? Please let me know!

There 192.168.1.X is your local network.  There is no ban as far as local.    China has blocked the forums, but I cant image them blocking antpool.  I would try it again.

If they did ban it I wold set up a free amazon EC2 tier and run a proxy to get to pool.   Yes it will add latency, and is last resort if they ever did ban.
GreenChina (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 12:22:39 PM

I currently have my first server as
solo.antpool.com:25
2nd-solo.antpool.com:3333
3rd-p2p.antpool.com:3333

I am not sure how to do this ..."set up a free amazon EC2 tier and run a proxy to get to pool"

I just read this http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_to_Protect_your_Internet_Anonymity_and_Privacy/Your_own_proxy_and_VPN_on_Amazon_EC2 

It is over my head. I am not sure what if anything I can do now. I am willing to send screenshots if you can help me any further.

GreenChina (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 12:38:37 PM

Thanks for your help.

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

I am a dumb ass. My cat-5 was connected to the TV jack on the china-telecom modem.
It seems to be hashing now.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 01:38:40 PM

Thanks for your help.

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

I am a dumb ass. My cat-5 was connected to the TV jack on the china-telecom modem.
It seems to be hashing now.

I'm glad it ended up simple fix.   The proxy would have worked if they did ban it.... but connecting directly to it is much easier and better with lower latency Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: