Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:18:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Online Wallet?  (Read 21634 times)
caffeinewriter

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 05:46:08 PM

just use mtgox. its the trendy thing to do Smiley

Hehe

I say Blockchain.info instead. You actually have control over your money. Not to shoot down your idea Jermainé, but I'm shooting down your idea Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
420 (OP)

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 08:06:48 AM

...encrypted and saved away
As long as you have your private key saved away safe and sound you're all good, am I correct?

how to use private key to get wallet coins when you dont have the wallet file?

I think this thread is getting to be like one of those IRC conversation where people see answers to other people's questions and get confused thinking those answers were to their own questions.

Blockchain.info, can use yubikey.  If you lose the yubikey Blockchain.info can remove that restriction after you verify that you are truly the account owner (not sure how,... same IP as last, and sent to same e-mail address maybe?)  

As far as blockchain.info backup, that can be sent to your e-mail or to your dropbox each time it changes.   It is encrypted,. You can use that backup to spend your funds, but it isn't necessarily convenient.   Multibit will import a wallet backup from Blockchain.info I believe.  That backup does not require Yubikey, regardless if you had OTP/Yubikey protection enabled for login.

[I'm pretty sure on all this, not 100%]

ok i dont uderstand OTP, private public keys, yubikey, do u know all that?

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
freeAgent

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 01:18:34 PM

...encrypted and saved away
As long as you have your private key saved away safe and sound you're all good, am I correct?

how to use private key to get wallet coins when you dont have the wallet file?

I think this thread is getting to be like one of those IRC conversation where people see answers to other people's questions and get confused thinking those answers were to their own questions.

Blockchain.info, can use yubikey.  If you lose the yubikey Blockchain.info can remove that restriction after you verify that you are truly the account owner (not sure how,... same IP as last, and sent to same e-mail address maybe?)  

As far as blockchain.info backup, that can be sent to your e-mail or to your dropbox each time it changes.   It is encrypted,. You can use that backup to spend your funds, but it isn't necessarily convenient.   Multibit will import a wallet backup from Blockchain.info I believe.  That backup does not require Yubikey, regardless if you had OTP/Yubikey protection enabled for login.

[I'm pretty sure on all this, not 100%]

ok i dont uderstand OTP, private public keys, yubikey, do u know all that?

I've done all of those things with Blockchain.info.  I use my Yubikey there as well (a standard Yubikey from Yubico, not an MtGox Yubikey).  It works great.
FactoredPrimes

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 03:54:50 PM

Another +1 for blockchain.info

I know we shouldn't trust anyone, but as far as usability goes I think blockchain.info is the best out of any I've tried so far, nice features.

Just keep an offline wallet for the majority of your coin and you'll be good.

I like how the custom send menu has an option to send the return change to the same address you sent from. This lets me activate a paper wallet and still have it remain a valid backup of my key.
Frequency

Activity: 540

COINDER

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2012, 08:10:49 PM

+1 for blockchain.info

works great for a noob like me.. very easy to use and i like the stats they provide realtime...  Wink

COINDER
COINDER
PrintCoins

Activity: 533
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 08:28:50 PM

mtgox wallet has the problem that you are unable to play satoshidice like games
Thats not a problem but a benefit!

no its a huge problem
if you only look at satoshidice its ok (as long as you expect ANY new user to be careful enough to not try)

but i think its a very good feature of bitcoin to see the addresses money came from. so you have a chance to send funds back.

with an mtgox wallet this is not possible. if you send back the money mtgox itself gets it (afaik: could also be that you send the funds to a random mtgox user)

It is very easy to do fractional reserve banking when your own money is slushed about with all other money.

420 (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 09:12:41 PM

no its a huge problem
if you only look at satoshidice its ok (as long as you expect ANY new user to be careful enough to not try)

but i think its a very good feature of bitcoin to see the addresses money came from. so you have a chance to send funds back.

with an mtgox wallet this is not possible. if you send back the money mtgox itself gets it (afaik: could also be that you send the funds to a random mtgox user)

It is very easy to do fractional reserve banking when your own money is slushed about with all other money.

where and who's doing it

PrintCoins

Activity: 533
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 10:30:35 PM

no its a huge problem

where and who's doing it

I believe mtgox does it. This is totally just my gut feeling based on events that have occured in the past.

giantdragon
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 02:15:10 AM

I prefer blockchain.info and suggest it to the CoinURL users who are not aware about Bitcoin.
plogank

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 03:16:01 AM

Another +1 for blockchain.info

I know we shouldn't trust anyone, but as far as usability goes I think blockchain.info is the best out of any I've tried so far, nice features.

Just keep an offline wallet for the majority of your coin and you'll be good.

Yup, just feed Blockchain with the coins you may need to spend soon.

BTW, I think Blockchain's the best of what I've seen.

If you like this post a donation would be nice....  1PhCzA9o1jcwHr7PR4mxea8nJYUJWpKAGb

Besides, It'll drive me crazy trying to figure where it came from.
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 08:18:11 AM

no its a huge problem

where and who's doing it

I believe mtgox does it. This is totally just my gut feeling based on events that have occured in the past.

uhh gox making up funds from nowhere and trading on their site? thats theft

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: