Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:14:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen.  (Read 6364 times)
celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 06:40:20 PM

Mintcoin is better than Monero.

why?

It's not in the least lol

Mintcoin=100% bitcoin clone with no new features

Monero= Entirely different from Bitcoin with the highest privacy out there for cryptos. Blocksize problem automatically fixed since there is no fixed blocksize limit, and more

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 06:45:08 PM

I am so worried that for some reason Americanpegasus seems to think just like I do. I hope that doesn't mean I'm crazy beyond rehabilitation.
americanpegasus (OP)

Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 07:10:09 PM

I am so worried that for some reason Americanpegasus seems to think just like I do. I hope that doesn't mean I'm crazy beyond rehabilitation.

In the words of Satoshi:  "We're either going to the moon, or we're going to zero.  Nothing in between.  #YOLOSWAG"

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 07:33:39 PM

In the words of Satoshi:  "We're either going to the moon, or we're going to zero.  Nothing in between.  #YOLOSWAG"

Wtf is with this Monero cheerleading? Not that Monero is bad or anything, but I thought you were supposed to be working Pegasuscoin.
sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 07:42:55 PM

A successful coin will emerge, but it will be one which doesn't need a fair launch.
Crazy concept I know but it will be a coin which encompasses the main features we need without the bloat associated with making people money.  

Open your mind to a coin which has a purpose of accomplishing usability and profitability without an ever increasing entrance investment. A coin which has several main goals and none of which are to make any single group rich. A coin which makes a pump n dump of no value to the scammers who walk among us ruining good technology.

Start with a goal of changing the monetary system without making someone else rich.
An alternative would be to take a good coin like Monero and work backwards removing the aspects which make people wealthy.

It is the mindset which sets the goals, and the goals which are greed based that lead to the crypto environment we have.
I believe to make a coin which will actually "go to the moon" in terms of adoption, you need to first stop creating coins to make money and develop to help humanity.

No, not another "charity" coin think bigger.
Think of an idea more along the lines of allowing someone to enter the coin's community at the same "cost" for the first and 500 millionth person. No more, no less.

Think of a coin which removes the ability of these so called "exchanges" to work with scammers to manipulate price so they not only pump n dump once, but they do it over, and over, and over to the same coin until there are a few people left holding a ton of worthless crap and the dev moves on because he cannot make his wages.

Once you create a coin which is unaffected by human greed, manipulation from pumpers, and whales you have a beginning to a coin which will be truly adopted.

Before anyone says "this is crypto, it is ALL about making money", "get out if you don't like it", or my favorite is "This is crypto, maybe it isn't for you"... Those people are the ones defining the use of crypto and in doing so, ruining what does still have a chance to change the world for the better. Those people are turning crypto into exactly what bitcoin was invented to work against. This scene is not crypto, this is what greed, scammers, and a few scummy people have turned it into.

Satoshi the group, the man, whatever had the right intentions, but it is time for a rewrite to remove the manipulation.
Only a truly selfless community who wish to accomplish much more than "making money" will succeed.
Everything else is just a shiny quarter vying for our attention and until we as a community decide to stop filling the pockets of the trash who currently define this scene it will continue down the road to be the very thing we rally against.

Making money is great. I could sure use a great deal more.
Changing the world and re-inventing the original intentions of what bitcoin was supposed to be? That is the stuff of true Legends we should all aspire to support and achieve.

Do not idolize someone because they are wealthy in any coin. Idolize someone because they are making, helping, promoting a "good" coin or service which helps everyone even if they are not holding the coin, a coin which helps everyone, period.

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 07:49:28 PM

Wtf is with this Monero cheerleading? Not that Monero is bad or anything, but I thought you were supposed to be working Pegasuscoin.

No money (BTC to buy yachts) involved = no work.

americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 07:56:43 PM

Here's the thing, sloopy.  

You are asking for and expecting the impossible.  Humans are greedy, and that's not going to change.  You can be mad about it, or deny it, but we are greedy because that trait has served us well up until this point in our species' development.  

It's possible that future generations may have that trait bred out of them, if we find ourselves in a word where the meek and generous have more babies than the greedy and power-hungry.  

That is not the world we live in today.  

Satoshi's real genius was to take something negative (human greed) and design a system around it that eventually transforms that greed into something beneficial for all mankind.  

And unfortunately, yes, we have to make a few people rich in the process.  That's an unfortunate side effect of a crypto succeeding.  

No one would buy into a crypto where there was no potential speculatory profits to be made, because before we ascend to the utility stage, there must be the speculation stage.  

So, if you *must* make people rich in order to change the world for the better, the best you can hope for is to make the *right* people rich: the intelligent altruists of the world who won't just use their wealth for egotistical and luxury purposes.  

Are you that right kind of person, who deserves to get wealthy?  Would you take the time to significantly improve the world if you had the means?  

Then don't be scared of your greed.  

Just remember to pay it forward later.  

Effective altruism is ruthlessly competing for the most resources so that you can help those who never had the opportunities that you did.

futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 04:26:30 AM

A successful coin will emerge, but it will be one which doesn't need a fair launch.

I agree that a coin doesn't necessarily have to have a "fair launch" to be successful. But I don't agree with everything else you said.

The thing is, what's the incentive for people to use your coin? There is none. Remember, liberatarians are a very, very small part of the population. The rest of the people enter for 2 reasons:

1. To make money

2. When a coin becomes THE way to pay for everything, they kind of are forced to adapt.

With your coin, there is no incentive to join the network for the first movers, so there is never enough network effects for the people who enter for reason 2.

The "cost" for using any cryptocoin is near 0. You still keep the purchasing value of your fiat when you use fiat to buy the coin. For example, if I bought $100 dollars worth of bitcoins when they were $10 each, I'd get 10 bitcoins, which would buy me $100 worth of stuff.

If I buy $100 dollars worth of bitcoins now, I can still use it to buy $100 dollars worth of stuff. The cost is nothing. That's why people still can switch, even if they're very late. There are no penalties*. But early movers get an advantage to use it, so there is an incentive to enter before it's too late.

*Most people don't consider the opportunity cost. Such is the world.
Flyskyhigh

Activity: 291

Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 04:57:22 AM

Mintcoin is better than Monero.

why?

It's not in the least lol

Mintcoin=100% bitcoin clone with no new features

Monero= Entirely different from Bitcoin with the highest privacy out there for cryptos. Blocksize problem automatically fixed since there is no fixed blocksize limit, and more

Mintcoin is 30x faster than Bitcoin, and proof of stake now. It is a lot different.

Sick of mining?  Start minting!  5% per year!  Mintcoin "MINT"
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 05:01:36 AM

This is why crypto is a joke. Idiots like op make all of us look retarded.

Pretty much.  Undecided

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 05:42:53 AM

Pretty much.  Undecided

It's not even the OP.  It's this whole 'industry'...  It's like penny stocks and pink sheets.  It's where the scams are.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 07:43:33 AM

Pretty much.  Undecided

It's not even the OP.  It's this whole 'industry'...  It's like penny stocks and pink sheets.  It's where the scams are.

If you can't flesh out google from pets.com, that's on you.   Wink

Lloydimiller4

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

Monero

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 05:30:39 PM

Crazy concept I know but it will be a coin which encompasses the main features we need without the bloat associated with making people money.  

Open your mind to a coin which has a purpose of accomplishing usability and profitability without an ever increasing entrance investment. A coin which has several main goals and none of which are to make any single group rich. A coin which makes a pump n dump of no value to the scammers who walk among us ruining good technology.

Start with a goal of changing the monetary system without making someone else rich.
An alternative would be to take a good coin like Monero and work backwards removing the aspects which make people wealthy.

It is the mindset which sets the goals, and the goals which are greed based that lead to the crypto environment we have.
I believe to make a coin which will actually "go to the moon" in terms of adoption, you need to first stop creating coins to make money and develop to help humanity.

No, not another "charity" coin think bigger.
Think of an idea more along the lines of allowing someone to enter the coin's community at the same "cost" for the first and 500 millionth person. No more, no less.

Think of a coin which removes the ability of these so called "exchanges" to work with scammers to manipulate price so they not only pump n dump once, but they do it over, and over, and over to the same coin until there are a few people left holding a ton of worthless crap and the dev moves on because he cannot make his wages.

Once you create a coin which is unaffected by human greed, manipulation from pumpers, and whales you have a beginning to a coin which will be truly adopted.

Before anyone says "this is crypto, it is ALL about making money", "get out if you don't like it", or my favorite is "This is crypto, maybe it isn't for you"... Those people are the ones defining the use of crypto and in doing so, ruining what does still have a chance to change the world for the better. Those people are turning crypto into exactly what bitcoin was invented to work against. This scene is not crypto, this is what greed, scammers, and a few scummy people have turned it into.

Satoshi the group, the man, whatever had the right intentions, but it is time for a rewrite to remove the manipulation.
Only a truly selfless community who wish to accomplish much more than "making money" will succeed.
Everything else is just a shiny quarter vying for our attention and until we as a community decide to stop filling the pockets of the trash who currently define this scene it will continue down the road to be the very thing we rally against.

Making money is great. I could sure use a great deal more.
Changing the world and re-inventing the original intentions of what bitcoin was supposed to be? That is the stuff of true Legends we should all aspire to support and achieve.

Do not idolize someone because they are wealthy in any coin. Idolize someone because they are making, helping, promoting a "good" coin or service which helps everyone even if they are not holding the coin, a coin which helps everyone, period.

I do understand your perspective here sloopy, but I am in higher favor of capitalist than a communistic currency, which is kind of what you are describing. What you want is a utopia, and that will likely never come to fruiting in the next thousand years or never. What Monero does offer that is inline with your idealist views is that the mining algorithm will scale well with normal everyday household computers. The Monero mining algorithm is CPU and GPU and ASIC friendly, anyone can mine Monero and is not at a disadvantage. We can have people from all socioeconomic levels participate in a 'fair' setting. This means that unlike bitcoin, no one is ever truly late to the party with Monero. All you need is a computer which does exclude most third world populations, but as technology grows and grows, electronics become ever cheaper. Look up the C.H.I.P if you haven't, it is a $9 computer similar to a Rasberry Pi.

At any rate, capitalism encourages competition, and competition gets results. I am not a believer in giving a select few the upper hand, but I am a believer that those who are proactive and find something that benefits the world deserve a reward for their efforts.

Monero is the first crypto that is truly private/anonymous. To me, this is valuable, and I am sure to many others, once a bit more development has been done, we will see a world-class currency that could rival bitcoin.

XMR: 43uAvbYL7z9NrKQig2DswM69XaeDug1Rf8v4Un1ndssb2To51Vojz2uZ21jFumWsCcgvqZ9hPuE3fEr xKoGCkHU8CzqHFiS
GTO911

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 05:47:22 PM

Some scared Bitcoiners have posted ignorant comments.

This thread will be legendary, Dear Sirs
okiefromokc

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 12:02:45 AM

How many transactions in a Monero Block?
Currently BTC is running ~800 trans per block every 10 minutes... and runs at about 8-10GB of space for the entire chain.
BTC usage is a long ways away from Paypal, and it takes several hours to days to synch the BTC block chain.
How long does it take to synch the Monero chain?
G2M

Activity: 280

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 12:06:22 AM

Currently BTC is running ~800 trans per block every 10 minutes... and runs at about 8-10GB of space for the entire chain.
BTC usage is a long ways away from Paypal, and it takes several hours to days to synch the BTC block chain.

unlimited transactions in a monero block, there have been blocks with over 500 transactions. and that's with a block time of one minute.

it also takes days to sync the monero chain, but once it's synced, the daemon has no problem keeping up with the network.

Wind picked up: F4BC1F4BC0A2A1C4

banditryandloot goin2mars kbm keyboard-mash theusualstuff

probably a few more that don't matter for much.
kazuki49

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 12:29:43 AM

It already is, I suggest OP to re-post this in the official Monero forum thus immortalizing his visionary feelings within a nascent group of more intelligent and like-minded people, this thread makes me want to slowly step away from this forum forever.
americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 02:46:27 AM

It already is, I suggest OP to re-post this in the official Monero forum thus immortalizing his visionary feelings within a nascent group of more intelligent and like-minded people, this thread makes me want to slowly step away from this forum forever.

Oh, cool.  I didn't even know about those.  Thanks for telling me; it was important to go ahead and register my screen name there.

https://forum.getmonero.org 

Still has a long way to go before becoming as friendly as this place to use though.

americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 02:49:28 AM

unlimited transactions in a monero block, there have been blocks with over 500 transactions. and that's with a block time of one minute.

it also takes days to sync the monero chain, but once it's synced, the daemon has no problem keeping up with the network.

What's protecting us from dust attacks?

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 06:22:51 AM

What's protecting us from dust attacks?

per-kb fees with a minimum 1 mXMR fee per tx?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: