Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:23:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen.  (Read 6366 times)
kryptologist

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

@kryptographer

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 08:23:02 AM

man that title could not reek anymore of bagholder, regardless if the market situation
BIT-Sharon

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 08:46:03 AM

good news that hard to believe
americanpegasus (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 01:50:43 PM

man that title could not reek anymore of bagholder, regardless if the market situation

Well, my average entry was about 52 cents per Monero. 

We will see in a year or two how much of a 'bagholder' I really am. 

Meanwhile, you'll be pissing fire from your latest encounter with discount-prostitutes dot com, and I'll be sipping mai tais with a harem of clean women, with good technical specs, of each hair color. 

Why? 

Because I found and believed in the true successor to bitcoin before you did.   

On the other hand, I'm not going to waste money.  There's a point of diminishing returns for every asset, and the price premium between Ekaterina and Anya probably isn't worth it.  Especially if we want a blonde, brunette, redhead, black haired, pink, green, and purple. 

I'm a simple a man with simple dreams of a waterfall pool with seven Russian women in mermaid outfits around it. 

You, and your Monero hating ass?  Enjoy the bargain bin, sucker.   

Tammy and her two shitty kids will always love you for who you are on the inside.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
I2Pcoin

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 02:00:23 PM

Is Monero an i2p coin and is it used on the darkweb and is completely annon? If so it may be the next big thing.
kazuki49

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 01:41:01 AM

Well, my average entry was about 52 cents per Monero.  

We will see in a year or two how much of a 'bagholder' I really am.  

Meanwhile, you'll be pissing fire from your latest encounter with discount-prostitutes dot com, and I'll be sipping mai tais with a harem of clean women, with good technical specs, of each hair color.  

Why?  

Because I found and believed in the true successor to bitcoin before you did.  

On the other hand, I'm not going to waste money.  There's a point of diminishing returns for every asset, and the price premium between Ekaterina and Anya probably isn't worth it.  Especially if we want a blonde, brunette, redhead, black haired, pink, green, and purple.  

I'm a simple a man with simple dreams of a waterfall pool with seven Russian women in mermaid outfits around it.  

You, and your Monero hating ass?  Enjoy the bargain bin, sucker.  

Tammy and her two shitty kids will always love you for who you are on the inside.

This post is pure platinum Grin
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 03:03:58 AM

Buy my shitcoin!!! It'll be worth a gazillion TOMORROW! You have been warned!!!

lulz

bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:35:11 AM

The network hash rate was at 13Mh/s when I first learned about Monero a week ago.  

Not your keys, not your coins!
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 09:45:55 AM

How many transactions in a Monero Block?
Currently BTC is running ~800 trans per block every 10 minutes... and runs at about 8-10GB of space for the entire chain.
BTC usage is a long ways away from Paypal, and it takes several hours to days to synch the BTC block chain.
How long does it take to synch the Monero chain?

unlimited transactions in a monero block, there have been blocks with over 500 transactions. and that's with a block time of one minute.

it also takes days to sync the monero chain, but once it's synced, the daemon has no problem keeping up with the network.

What's protecting us from dust attacks?

per-kb fees with a minimum 1 mXMR fee per tx?

That and the dynamic limit based on the median of the last 100 blocks (hard limit at 2x median). Miners can increase the limit, but only gradually and they have to give up some of their rewards for that, so it makes no sense to do unless sufficient fees are being paid and a high volume of transactions is expected. Once they stop filling the blocks above the median size, the limit goes back down.
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 12:51:11 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2015, 01:32:03 PM by BlockaFett

This is becoming a real joke guys.

Monero's "profound" technology - Off-the-shelf CryptoNote copied in from Bytecoin including the crippled miner code which Monero launched and then said they didn't realize the miner was scammed.  After 1 year of "development" the official wallet is still a horrific mess that takes a week to sync and has inherent major issues with dust, blockchain bloat, large transactions failing, they didn't work out how to add a GUI either even though CryptoNote (the actually innovators) made them one for free..and exchanges won't implement based on how unstable the wallet is and that every transaction needs the user to enter a seperate payment ID causing a support melt-down - The basic system doesn't work.

Monero is decentralized / anonymous - With how shit the wallet is, new blood on the Monero forum get funneled quickly into MyMonero.com, a web wallet operated by the lead dev Fluffy Pony.  This gives Fluffy (and his ISP etc) access to all XMR transactions, users and their IPs who use the web wallet, which is the only viable 'official' wallet for most users. And it went down recently so no one could withdraw XMR and Fluffy's solution was 'Sorry it went down while I was in bed, for support, call me on the mobile, i will leave it on now'.  Kind of strange for the most anonymous / decentralized coin?  Except he has done this before when he tried to raise $200k from Vertcoin investors for Vertpay.com.  And he is working on his next installment PayBee.com coming soon.....These are the Monero lead dev's development priorities while the official wallet still is unstable and has no GUI after 1 year.. Huh  

Secondly, 95% of XMR volume is going through Poloniex, which now requires your name and address before you can withdraw coins (and obviously knows everyone's IP and balance / transactions).  So between MyMonero and Poloniex, in reality, Monero is almost totally centralized and delivering zero anonymity which is why no one is actually using it

Great dev team - Spend most of their time goading a small core of deluded Monero investors to believe that a clone-coin with zero development that after 1 year they can't work out how to finish, will replace bitcoin.  Stemming from there this cult goes out around BCT attacking anyone designated by Fluffy / Smooth as "a scam" which is each competitor.  Totally dishonest with their community in their "pump talk" about 10,000 XMR pizzas and how they will be the new elite lol, when in fact as a clone coin with the innovation done out-of-house, anyone else cloning Bytecoin that does a slightly better job (like make a usable wallet) and Monero's value based on "innovation" evaporates, and they are just left with a "good community" or rather "the most agressive / toxic community in alts right now" as I see it...the fact something this obvious is never mentioned and instead the devs themselves go around trying to kill or takeover the competition to eliminate this possibility instead of developing, is what makes Monero essentially an elaborate hoax / ponzi scheme operated through BCT, Poloniex and a constant supply of either pump talk or FUDing the competition.

How long before you realize no one wants your sh*tcoin, stop trolling BCT.  You should be being humble and going to make a basic wallet work, you have to earn value through work not through typing propaganda and bullshit all day.......................
obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 01:27:00 PM

Lol, you're becoming the joke dude... stop pretending allright, you'e a dash-cheerleader: https://twitter.com/blockafett

- official wallet is OK, I'm not a tech-savvy guy, but got it working on windows and linux... had no issues making large transactions, never had to enter a payment ID, you're making shit up...
- mtgox at one time had 80%  of all btc-traffic... look how big a fail that was, not... monero is still starting up, kinda normal it's not spread through the whole world...
- never heard the monero dev team say they would become the new elite, they are working on it, albeit slow but thorough, no problem with that...

seems you're the obvious dash-troll here accusing other people of trolling... there are words for this kind of behaviour, like 'pathetic', 'hypocrite', etc... I won't go as far as to calling you these

but go ahead, keep making a fool of yourself in trying to pump dash and kill monero, I wish you good luck sir!

best regards
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 01:41:43 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2015, 01:55:59 PM by BlockaFett

Lol, you're becoming the joke dude... stop pretending allright, you'e a dash-cheerleader: https://twitter.com/blockafett

- official wallet is OK, I'm not a tech-savvy guy, but got it working on windows and linux... had no issues making large transactions, never had to enter a payment ID, you're making shit up...
- mtgox at one time had 80%  of all btc-traffic... look how big a fail that was, not... monero is still starting up, kinda normal it's not spread through the whole world...
- never heard the monero dev team say they would become the new elite, they are working on it, albeit slow but thorough, no problem with that...

seems you're the obvious dash-troll here accusing other people of trolling... there are words for this kind of behaviour, like 'pathetic', 'hypocrite', etc... I won't go as far as to calling you these

but go ahead, keep making a fool of yourself in trying to pump dash and kill monero, I wish you good luck sir!

best regards

lol how is posting here helping to pump Dash, one of the top 5 alts, exactly?  The connection with Dash is that's how I met Monero core-dev Smooth while he was in the top 3 trolls on the Dash thread...since then it's more about having a scam shoved in your face and feeling motivated to point out the obvious...

You basically evaded 95% of my points as to why Monero is a hoax/ponzi scheme, off-the-shelf clone with zero actual anonymity / decentralization, and a militant 'dev' team setup to position themselves in the center to scam people.  The official wallet isn't ok that's why you have so many users complaining on the XMR thread and exchanges like Cryptsy refused to add it even though it was voted there 1 year ago.

Not much more to say....if you feel like actually dealing with my points let me know...
obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 02:00:11 PM

- mtgox at one time had 80%  of all btc-traffic... look how big a fail that was, not... monero is still starting up, kinda normal it's not spread through the whole world...

best regards

lol how is posting here helping to pump Dash, one of the top 5 alts, exactly?  The connection with Dash is that's how I met Monero core-dev Smooth while he was in the top 3 trolls on the Dash thread...since then it's more about having a scam shoved in your face and feeling motivated to point out the obvious...

You basically evaded 95% of my points as to why Monero is a hoax/ponzi scheme, off-the-shelf clone with zero actual anonymity / decentralization, and a militant 'dev' team setup to position themselves in the center to scam people.  The official wallet isn't ok that's why you have so many users complaining on the XMR thread and exchanges like Cryptsy refused to add it even though it was voted there 1 year ago.

Not much more to say....if you feel like actually dealing with my points let me know...

95% of your points are based on lies or mis/disinformation...

Adderral

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 02:04:38 PM

So this is how the "new Elite" act? No thanks.

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1107

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 04:05:43 AM

Cheesus you're classy. With all your activity lately here and on reddit and polo, and posts like this, I can't decide if you're a concern troll or just like 14 years old.
americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 04:10:29 AM

Cheesus you're classy. With all your activity lately here and on reddit and polo, and posts like this, I can't decide if you're a concern troll or just like 14 years old.

What? 

You're telling me if you were a billionaire you wouldn't have a waterfall pool with seven Russian women wearing mermaid costumes, each with a different hair color? 

What kind of shitty billionaire are you, anyway?

necrita

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 04:43:42 AM

@americanpegasus, you certainly aren't lacking for spirit.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 05:10:28 AM

What? 

You're telling me if you were a billionaire you wouldn't have a waterfall pool with seven Russian women wearing mermaid costumes, each with a different hair color? 

No, but to each his own.
americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 06:20:22 AM

What? 

No, but to each his own.

Ok, smooth, don't go altruist on me, because if we're playing that game, I'd start up a gifted n' talented orphanage as well. 

Strictly from a fun standpoint, what would be your glorious and frivolous joy-spending if you were a billionaire? 

Remember that you can spend a million dollars and you won't even feel it.  So what do you do?

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 06:48:24 AM

What? 

No, but to each his own.

Ok, smooth, don't go altruist on me, because if we're playing that game, I'd start up a gifted n' talented orphanage as well. 

Strictly from a fun standpoint, what would be your glorious and frivolous joy-spending if you were a billionaire? 

Remember that you can spend a million dollars and you won't even feel it.  So what do you do?

Hey one or two Russian women would be okay, but its a big planet, and there are plenty of other women who just might be worthy of a billionaire's attention. I like my harem with a bit less monoculture is all.

americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 07:47:18 AM

Hey one or two Russian women would be okay, but its a big planet, and there are plenty of other women who just might be worthy of a billionaire's attention. I like my harem with a bit less monoculture is all.

Ahhh, so smooth's pool has a Russian, a Chinese, a Sweede, a Brit, a Brazilian, an Austrailian, and a French woman hanging with him around it. 

I see.  You will start your own model U.N.  It's both creative and admirable of you. 

That should be much more entertaining than seven blonde Russians, but I'm sticking to the plan.  I've been to this restaurant before, and I know what my favorite thing on the menu is. 

https://youtu.be/jn0M9qQJEuw

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: