Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:42:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin's are totally useless once you have a state of WAR!  (Read 6362 times)
sgravina

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 11:44:26 PM

The United States has been at war for the entire duration of the bitcoin block chain.  Bitcoin is of limited utility but certainly not useless.  I use bitcoin to earn dollars.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 04:27:42 AM

what are you going to do with 3 tons of gold if you need to get the hell out of dodge?
I can bet you my bitcoins are much safer than your gold.
mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 04:36:44 AM

what are you going to do with 3 tons of gold if you need to get the hell out of dodge?
I can bet you my bitcoins are much safer than your gold.
Where the hell are you going to get $100.000.000 worth of gold?
mobile4ever

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 04:44:49 AM

In order for Bitcoin to succeed, it has to topple, beat, replace, compete with the current system

All bitcoin needs to succeed is 15 to 18 percent adoption. (http://www.ted.com/talks/simon_sinek_how_great_leaders_inspire_action.html)
ChupacabraHunter (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

Chupacabra = Corrupt Gov't,Lies and Fraud

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 05:50:37 PM

I am only trying to see how a patient, and open discussion can lead to informing someone who is VERY INTIMATELY connected to the current system and how he can be converted to see the light of Bitcoin as we all do!

Maybe it can't. Your friend doesn't need to change, he can go extinct.

As for the Bitcoin is useless during a state of war premise I'd say there was a time around 10-15 years ago when I'd maybe agree with that but today I just can see major economies allowing the destruction of something like 15-20% of their GDP by gangs of people known as governments through nationalizing all ISPs in the area they rule through violence and cutting off all the other areas so I don't think I'd accept the premise that Bitcoin automatically becomes useless in the state war. For example the land area knows as the US is at war right now in several countries and yet Bitcoin is perfectly useful to almost everyone.

I've been away a bit... sorry (I did ask for a 'patient' discussion Wink )

I don't think  that your view of having my friend "go extinct" is a good idea.  He is EXACTLY the kind of INFLUENTIAL person who can help to SEVERELY DISRUPT the current system NOW! If that was what we wanted to do... I DO! Smiley

That is why I went into this discussion.

Thanks for the rest of your comment, it is well appreciated! Smiley
mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 06:56:12 PM

In order for Bitcoin to succeed, it has to topple, beat, replace, compete with the current system

All bitcoin needs to succeed is 15 to 18 percent adoption. (http://www.ted.com/talks/simon_sinek_how_great_leaders_inspire_action.html)

Sorry, but this guy is profoundly confusing things.
The wright brothers didnt have 17% market penetration when they made their discovery.
His observations are very very narrow-minded because there are lots of examples of companies that succeeded even when they didnt follow his nonsense.
Picking out some of the 'winners' and generalizing it to everyone is just bullshit at a very basic level.
joecooin

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2012, 10:31:17 PM

Deutschmark had rapid inflation during WW2. If some one had savings it would be whipped out.

No. the Deutsche Mark only came into existence after WWII.

What you say is true though for the Reichsmark, which was in use before and during the war. All paper and book money was rendered worthless. But the Reichsmark was also issued as gold and silver coinage for the paranoid part of the people who would not trust papers and books. These coins still today have the same buying power as back then even though their emitting entities have ceased to exist long ago.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: