Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 06:06:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Google self-drive cars get green light  (Read 908 times)
irfan_pak10 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1651

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 09:14:11 AM

The tech company's self-driving cars will be tested on public roads this summer - but they will have steering wheels and pedals. Report by Leggc.

Visit: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2qbmn5_google-self-drive-cars-get-green-light_news

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3076

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 11:01:52 AM

The tech company's self-driving cars will be tested on public roads this summer - but they will have steering wheels and pedals. Report by Leggc.

Visit: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2qbmn5_google-self-drive-cars-get-green-light_news

This can't come soon enough.

Drivers are the reason for most all accidents - mechanical failure being only 13%.   Take the driver out of the equation and you have much safer roads, and along with much less traffic congestion and faster speed limits (computers have almost instant reaction times compared to humans).

The hard part will be forcing the die-hards to give it up - but by that time they will be the exception and hopefully classed as a danger to public safety.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 11:32:57 AM

Drivers are the reason for most all accidents - mechanical failure being only 13%.   Take the driver out of the equation and you have much safer roads, and along with much less traffic congestion and faster speed limits (computers have almost instant reaction times compared to humans).

The hard part will be forcing the die-hards to give it up - but by that time they will be the exception and hopefully classed as a danger to public safety.

+1

Im really excited about this as someone who has never bothered to learn to drive.... i own a car but hate travelling in the stupid dangerous thing tbh.

The die hards might get a better deal when the race track industry booms and they can go for drives near by at low cost and faster then before. 

Put me down for the pre order of 1 self drive car though Smiley

solstoce

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 11:51:24 AM

As long as they gotta pay a driver to "supervise"
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 11:56:44 AM

Drivers are the reason for most all accidents - mechanical failure being only 13%.   Take the driver out of the equation and you have much safer roads, and along with much less traffic congestion and faster speed limits (computers have almost instant reaction times compared to humans).

Exactly. I think if we were all talking about events from personal experience with crazy drivers there would be no end. I also think that fines should be much higher for the purpose of safety.
As far as I know, these cars were only in a few accidents over the years (around 10) and none were caused by the car itself or some error. This is quite amazing.
I'm looking forward to this. It would make travelling so much easier!

As long as they gotta pay a driver to "supervise"
This is needed. You obviously don't realize that without supervision they would be letting a 1000(+)kg (just throwing numbers) machine that isn't ready for release roam the streets. The project and software itself needs time to mature.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 12:44:23 PM

I was waiting for these self driven cars for years. Hope that this succeeds and the accident rates go down but there needs to be some kind of monitoring done before many start owning these cars. Wonder what's going to be the price of these cars  Undecided

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3076

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 02:14:35 AM

I was waiting for these self driven cars for years. Hope that this succeeds and the accident rates go down but there needs to be some kind of monitoring done before many start owning these cars. Wonder what's going to be the price of these cars  Undecided

There is no reason they should cost any more than a regular car.  The price will go down as they become more common.

Add:  cheap electronics
Remove:  Steering wheel, gas and brake pedals

Since most people will simply call one when they need it, and not own one outright, there won't be much use for all the vanity features on most cars today. 

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
BlitzandBitz

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 04:15:53 AM

I wonder when they will fully come out to the public and we can buy them at the dealership.
caskey4521

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 05:11:53 AM

This cars will not survive for a month in my country. There lots of crazy drivers and the software cannot predict this drivers.
Harry Hood

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 05:14:58 AM
Last edit: May 17, 2015, 05:32:22 AM by Harry Hood

This is cool. The self driving cars have been driving the streets of Mountain View, CA (where Google is located) for at least a year. I mean they had to test them somewhere, but they have been on public streets for a long time. I guess now other communities may start seeing these cars.

I don't think the use of a self driving car is incredible meaningful but the technology to control machines, to give them spatial awareness, is a very, very big deal. I'd' be surprise if the cars are ever actually available for personal use or retail sales. Google's not going to be a car dealership...

mayflor2

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 05:35:06 AM

Sign me up,   I'm sure I will be nearly the last person to get one as I imagine they will be out of my price range for a long while.

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 07:29:31 AM

This cars will not survive for a month in my country. There lots of crazy drivers and the software cannot predict this drivers.
These cars are better than average if not most drivers. Besides, if those drivers cause the accident they will get fined.
Regular drivers can't predict anything better than software, else we would have less accidents.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
onewiseguy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 07:37:02 AM

Trying to compete with the big UBER now, And UBER is still a private company Smiley

Maybe google can use these for their cars http://www.solarroadways.com/intro.shtml
onewiseguy

Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 07:38:30 AM

If you've seen I, Robot I hope the cars are like that.

maybe less accidents.  maybe more robots though.   Roll Eyes
chmod755
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 08:28:49 AM

Who is going to buy them if they are limited to 25mph?

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 09:19:10 AM

Would they have to be automatic transmissions? I cannot stand auto boxes.

Aggressor66

Merit: 501

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 09:23:14 AM

I wonder how this car will score at NCAP  Huh
Anyway I always like hearing auto car news I guess next stop is to make it fly  Grin
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 09:40:27 AM

These cars are better than average if not most drivers. Besides, if those drivers cause the accident they will get fined.
Regular drivers can't predict anything better than software, else we would have less accidents.

Not sure If a self-driving car will be better than an human driver at negotiating with not too clear, confusing, or vandalized traffic signs.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 10:42:18 AM

Not sure If a self-driving car will be better than an human driver at negotiating with not too clear, confusing, or vandalized traffic signs.
-snip-
[/center]
This will depend on the exact situation. I've left the third picture for a reason. I (a person) do not know that language, neither does that car. I'm pretty sure that we both wouldn't do what we're supposed to at such a sign.
This is why the system has to mature as I've recently said. While time goes there will be better sensors and object recognition, so while waiting there are going to be additional benefits.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 02:24:04 PM

Yeah but lets see what happens with the gov because it might end up in a law change eventually from manual to self drive, you may have no choice.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: