Bitcoin Forum
September 07, 2024, 01:23:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO. When ppl started to accept it again?  (Read 1954 times)
Shadow_Runner (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:23:08 AM

This is temporary thread to disscuss. Remember early 2014 when we had several ICO scams, some of them had over 70 BTC fill.
Then ppl started to reject ICOs and now after one temporary success of one coin we have over 9999 another failed ICOs.
And ppl still investing.

I have no problems with well prepared coin, escrow, roadmaps etc. But I see more and more ICOs without anything.
When I offered to escrow Black Market, "dev" (better name - scammer) ran fast. LOL.

Now we have "SeedShares". Hidden ICO, hidden investors, 30% of total coins. New way to have 30% premine?

2014 - Fuck ICO.
2015 - Oh, ICO. Great! No premine, no ICO - SCAM.

WAT.
Maybe I traped in reverse reality? When this "accepting line" happened and why?
ShoeOnHead

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:26:07 AM

Most ico devs have self-moderated topics. They remove legit comments. One solution is to make an unmoderated topic. They hate this, their coin will fail when people can read what they delete.

I think it's a shame this can all happen. Why doesn't Bitcointalk make rules. How many more scams do we need?
Shadow_Runner (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:26:14 AM

Ok

Too slow.  Tongue Grin
DFiLeR

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:33:52 AM

I'm sick of every coin being started by "coin name Dev" accounts. If the concept is that great and has been worked on for so long as promised most times, there should be someone or several people willing to put their real account and rep on the line when launching a coin if it's so dam great.

VRC      VKAE3VC3iPf2FFJsrzirzk4SX6mSrzSUka                  XPM          AeX9teC4y9YMRNVb7726i8u3RTCcMksFG3
BTC       15P73FANUu5rgNcCr4kYVUNiD3tdmgqEuP             HYPER       HL2iRAWRThvAR9kt5NDdEPBhin57tD98hB
Shadow_Runner (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:34:59 AM

Why doesn't Bitcointalk make rules. How many more scams do we need?

I think it is because we have a lot gamblers here. They don't care about their loss and trying to invest over and over again waiting for diamond success.
More gamblers - more scams.

Question: Is it forever?
Shadow_Runner (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:37:09 AM

I'm sick of every coin being started by "coin name Dev" accounts. If the concept is that great and has been worked on for so long as promised most times, there should be someone or several people willing to put their real account and rep on the line when launching a coin if it's so dam great.

That's why shitty ICOs kills potential good project.
Next time scared gamblers and other paranoid idiots will dump cheaper than invested because we had several self-filled ICOs I think when dev sending BTC from different addresses and keep his own coins to dump on exchange...
They are see this and think next time will be the same.
**D!ABLO**

Activity: 432

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:39:51 AM

For me It's simple, if someone has a great idea then they would fund it themselves.

These ICO's are just a few dev's churning out many ico's with coins for the "inner circle".

Also C-CEX creates them just to keep their site alive with volume, at least that's what I see I'd like it to be wrong.

My rule is easy to follow = ICO = avoid. Everyone has their own choice so they must do there own research.
DFiLeR

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:43:27 AM

Next time scared gamblers and other paranoid idiots will dump cheaper than invested because we had several self-filled ICOs I think when dev sending BTC from different addresses and keep his own coins to dump on exchange...

Yes, and it is not even just real ICO projects that are affected by scams, scammers have been giving the whole altcoin market a bad name for a year or 2.

VRC      VKAE3VC3iPf2FFJsrzirzk4SX6mSrzSUka                  XPM          AeX9teC4y9YMRNVb7726i8u3RTCcMksFG3
BTC       15P73FANUu5rgNcCr4kYVUNiD3tdmgqEuP             HYPER       HL2iRAWRThvAR9kt5NDdEPBhin57tD98hB
ShoeOnHead

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:44:31 AM

Why doesn't Bitcointalk make rules. How many more scams do we need?

I think it is because we have a lot gamblers here. They don't care about their loss and trying to invest over and over again waiting for diamond success.
More gamblers - more scams.

Question: Is it forever?

No it is not forever. Sooner or later the authorities will arrest these people. I can not wait for that day.
Shadow_Runner (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:46:11 AM

Everyone has their own choice so they must do there own research.

Of course. If idiots want to burn their BTC they can do whatever they want to. This is their own choice.
But I hope community has normal members? Or we are minority compared to them?
**D!ABLO**

Activity: 432

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:48:53 AM

Everyone has their own choice so they must do there own research.

Of course. If idiots want to burn their BTC they can do whatever they want to. This is their own choice.
But I hope community has normal members? Or we are minority compared to them?
It's possible that to post in announcement section should only by junior member or above but this would be judged as policing the forum but it certainly would stop most of the scammers.
Shadow_Runner (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:50:13 AM

No it is not forever. Sooner or later the authorities will arrest these people. I can not wait for that day.

ORLY? C'mon. Don't be a dreamer. This is more expensive than "justice". Who will track them? FBI? Interpol? Do you really think they are interested in this?
They ignores more harder crime and they will spend their time to find a geek who scamed someone for few thousands $?

Don't be a dreamer.
fabula

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:50:21 AM

It's a gamble.
And not all ico got same success on community.

For example ARbit ico(with the best escrow outther alexrossi) gained only 6 btc of ico.

Some ico goes well,some other goes bad.

Depend fromf the algo,graphics,roadmap,and dev activity.
fabula

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:52:37 AM

But i like ico.
There is noone with a gun in your head that tell you to buy.
If there is a good escrow,it's just your choice to buy,mine,instamine.

I hate instaminer for example.

Some of them have bot that instamine all new coin.

They are ruined the altcoin scene.

Shadow_Runner (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:55:56 AM

But i like ico.

Escrow. Plans. Small ICO (not 30-50%). How many ICOs are matches this?
I see over and over again ICOs withou escrow, without nothing.

And last crust is "hidden ICO with hidden investors". What's next? Ninja launch with already filled 50% ICO by hidden investors from Zimbabwe?
DFiLeR

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:57:49 AM

It's a gamble.

Yes that is true. But there is a difference between gambling on a project that does not have the interest you first expected so price slowly slumps as project goes on. Compared to someone taking 50+ BTC from ICO investors, having fancy graphics and lots of words/docs. Then leaving after a week or 2 if your lucky and leaving you with nothing.

Personally I watch an ICO and after 2 weeks on markets if it hasn't been a P&D and dev is working/community building I look to buy into it in the free market.

fabula

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:58:44 AM

But i like ico.

And last crust is "hidden ICO with hidden investors". What's next? Ninja launch with already filled 50% ICO by hidden investors from Zimbabwe?

ICO without escrow is just crazy and totally a gamble.

What is hidden ICO?

Shadow_Runner (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 11:00:02 AM

ICO without escrow is just crazy and totally a gamble.

What is hidden ICO?

SeedShares. No address, no tx, no stats about investments. Only few words from dev about several private investors.
pc888
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1000

https://bata.io

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 11:05:57 AM

But i like ico.

No from a Nigerian Prince or the head of the China bank.

Shadow_Runner (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 11:07:54 AM

No from a Nigerian Prince or the head of the China bank.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: