Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:10:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you really think bitcoin price will pump to 1000 dollars after....  (Read 1767 times)
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 11:02:17 AM

Continuation of the thread title:

... the next block reward halving? from 25 BTC to 12.5 BTC.

Or a modified question:

Do you really think the bitcoin price (not value) will jump again to 1000 dollars (without any manipulation)? and will you buy 1 bitcoin for 1000 USD?
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 11:12:08 AM

Or a modified question:

Do you really think the bitcoin price (not value) will jump again to 1000 dollars (without any manipulation)? and will you buy 1 bitcoin for 1000 USD?

Yes it will happen unless something else which is the same comes along and takes it place.  Whatever that is will have to be decentralized though else the current bitcoin community will stick with bitcoin.  The community and smart minds who support bitcoin keep bitcoin coming back stronger.

Also $1k isnt very high, some clever people think way higher....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvevkBg6ZU4
Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 11:26:24 AM

When it reaches 1k again I will buy 1 bitcoin for $1000 to celebrate.

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 11:27:56 AM

Or a modified question:

Yes it will happen unless something else which is the same comes along and takes it place.  Whatever that is will have to be decentralized though else the current bitcoin community will stick with bitcoin.  The community and smart minds who support bitcoin keep bitcoin coming back stronger.

Also $1k isnt very high, some clever people think way higher....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvevkBg6ZU4

Wait if bitcoin will be mainstream (so used by a lot of person) I think the price wil go down, because a lot of people will start to use and keep always bitcoin instead to convert it for FIAT currencies...

I think something it will happen after (but also few days before) the next block reward halving but sincerely not 1'000 dollars per bitcoin (most probable around 500 dollars).

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 11:28:26 AM

If it does get back there again it'll have to be for a far more convincing reason this time around. Considering the developments that are arriving thick and fast, it becomes more possible by the day.

Would I buy at $1000? Yes, but only replacing what I'm spending. I have enough coins.
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 11:30:47 AM

When it reaches 1k again I will buy 1 bitcoin for $1000 to celebrate.

Fantastic, but remember if you want that the price remains around 1000 dollars a lot of people should continue to buy Wink. However I like your optimism, but I think only the speculation will bring again bitcoin more high than now (or it will be destroyed/dumped to 10 dollars).
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 11:33:56 AM

If it does get back there again it'll have to be for a far more convincing reason this time around. Considering the developments that are arriving thick and fast, it becomes more possible by the day.

Would I buy at $1000? Yes, but only replacing what I'm spending. I have enough coins.

It seems the 'actual developments' will not bring bitcoin to 1k dollars, in these months we have talked only about the "hard fork" of the blockSize - named "Gavin fork". So I sincerely think the bitcoin itself will not sustain itself, and we need again the willy bot (sarcasm).
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 11:39:07 AM

It seems the 'actual developments' will not bring bitcoin to 1k dollars.

I was referring more to ecosystem developments, but they do go hand in hand with improved technical functioning which is indeed pretty stale. There's no point in building all this awesome stuff if only a tiny number of people can actually use Bitcoin itself.
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 11:47:34 AM

It seems the 'actual developments' will not bring bitcoin to 1k dollars.

I was referring more to ecosystem developments, but they do go hand in hand with improved technical functioning which is indeed pretty stale. There's no point in building all this awesome stuff if only a tiny number of people can actually use Bitcoin itself.

Exactly, but if a lot of people will start to think bitcoin is better than actual economic system why should they convert (or change) BTC for FIAT currencies? I would like to edit and fix my previous post, maybe they will only start to buy a lot of bitcoin to use them directly and that thing can 'pump' the price. But as always, it need an external sort of manipulation and the developments will not cause the rise of the price.
chmod755
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 11:50:07 AM

I think the price wil go down, because a lot of people will start to use and keep always bitcoin instead to convert it for FIAT currencies...

Why do you think the price will go down if more people are keeping and using their BTC?  That doesn't make any sense to me. 

redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 11:51:50 AM

I think the price wil go down, because a lot of people will start to use and keep always bitcoin instead to convert it for FIAT currencies...

Why do you think the price will go down if more people are keeping and using their BTC?  That doesn't make any sense to me. 

Fixed in the above post, you are right .. for one moment I thought the contrary.
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 11:58:55 AM

Or a modified question:

Wait if bitcoin will be mainstream (so used by a lot of person) I think the price wil go down, because a lot of people will start to use and keep always bitcoin instead to convert it for FIAT currencies...

If it goes mainstream and people are converting in and out of bitcoin to fiat all day long the market cap will have to be huge to take the transactions.  Way above $10k even is whats been suggested before.  Make sure you hodling some long long term.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 12:48:01 PM

It is very possible, I can't think of a reason why it shouldn't go over $1000 with high demand and great news after 2016.

The only thing I hope for is that merchants at some point will keep at least 50% of the Bitcoins that they generate via sales, instead of converting 100% of the amount into fiat currency.
melody82

Activity: 378
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 01:00:34 PM

yes I am sure it will hit 1000$ when next block reward halving, even we can see 3000$ price, but I will not buy bitcoin at that price, I will sell some of my bitcoins for celebration
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 01:07:42 PM

Let's break 250$ first...
Fiat_Hodler

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 01:11:35 PM

eventually, although I wouldnt worry too much about long term goals. Focus instead on steady growth and expanding userbase.
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 01:23:27 PM

It is very possible, I can't think of a reason why it shouldn't go over $1000 with high demand and great news after 2016.

The only thing I hope for is that merchants at some point will keep at least 50% of the Bitcoins that they generate via sales, instead of converting 100% of the amount into fiat currency.
It is only an expectation, and if we will hope for ever .... I think you know what will happen.I do not think they will hold, if the price will be good they will dump a large sum of bitcoin.

yes I am sure it will hit 1000$ when next block reward halving, even we can see 3000$ price, but I will not buy bitcoin at that price, I will sell some of my bitcoins for celebration
1 minute after the halving, or after some months/years? Give us your ETA  Grin.

Let's break 250$ first...
Exactly... I believed 1k dollars for a long time but the price cannot raise neither to 500 dollars  Roll Eyes.

eventually, although I wouldnt worry too much about long term goals. Focus instead on steady growth and expanding userbase.
Thanks for your opinion.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 01:46:08 PM

It is only an expectation, and if we will hope for ever .... I think you know what will happen.I do not think they will hold, if the price will be good they will dump a large sum of bitcoin.

I know at some point merchants will dump the coins they earned via sales. I only meant to say that instead of directly having 100% converted to fiat, they keep a part of the coins for a while to sell it for a better price later. I'm sure tech related companies will have more interest in doing so than non techies.
huadylmate

Activity: 215

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 01:50:11 PM

Or a modified question:

First question no the halving pump won't go to $1000 lucky if it goes $350. Second question.. No bitcoin will not go to $1000 again even with manipulation helping it. If I am honest I don't really care either I started with less than I have now and I have withdrawn more than I started it is a win win and the price is not something I let bother me anymore.
Rizla2345

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 01:51:47 PM

It´s possible but unlikely any time soon. There is never any volume or buying but presumably that will change at some point in the future. One can always hope.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: