Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:57:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012-09-06 CNN.com - Group claiming to have Romney tax records threatens to leak  (Read 1441 times)
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2012, 09:16:33 PM

This is a milestone moment in the history of Bitcoin. The article you're about the read is (as far as I know) the single biggest Bitcoin related article ever. In a short time it has gained a whopping 4000 comments.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/09/06/politics/romney-tax-threat/index.html

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 11:37:26 PM

I wonder how long until we get the encrypted Obama birth certificate ransom for bitcoins demands ....  Roll Eyes

Dusty

Activity: 731
Merit: 503

Libertas a calumnia

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2012, 12:54:01 PM

In a short time it has gained a whopping 4000 comments.
More than 5100 now... If someone has read them all I wonder if they are talking only about politics or also bitcoin  Cheesy

Articoli bitcoin: Il portico dipinto
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 01:02:04 PM

So far, they're talking about Romney and not bitcoin. Cry

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2012, 02:05:49 PM

Some of the comments do talk about Bitcoin but not many. I'd say maybe 1 in 200 comments mention Bitcoin. Smiley

Regardless, that article itself has a a lot on Bitcoin and it is big press.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
World

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 06:34:50 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2012, 09:01:43 PM by World

Here is an excerpt from 5032 comments mentioned Bitcoin in the article sorted by newest first:
==
The group demands $1 million worth of the online currency Bitcoins. It also says that people who want the documents released can send money as well, and whichever side sends $1 million first will win."
Democrats, let's all send our money to this group! We want to see what's in Gov. Romney's tax returns! Maybe we can help to catch a few criminal wrongdoings that the IRS has not caught yet!
==
What the 'hacker' should do is ask the Internet for $1M in bitcoin --- in order to RELEASE the documents.   There are plenty of people who would pitch in money on that....assuming they could offer a bit of proof that they have what they claim.
==
They are giving Romney and his people until September 28, presumably to give them enough time to figure out how to use the internet and get to bitcoin.
==
I'll vote for him if he pays me 1 million in bitcoins.
==
lol BitCoins.
==
Proly a bitcoin advertisement.
==
Just what is the currency exchange of Cayman island dollars to bitcoins? If Romney finds out there's a buck to be made, he'll convert all his Swiss bank accounts into bitcoins.
==
Come on, folks - this is a bunch of drunk college kids whooping it up. They didn't break into anything, they didn't steal anything, and there is no conspiracy. And once they sober up a little, and stop giggling, this will be exposed for what it is - nothing.
$1 million Bitcoins? Really?
==
Pathetic bitcoin lamers. If they had anything, they would have leaked some of it to prove they have something. They have nothing, not even skills (which they would just use to steal bitcoins directly if that's what they're after). Ignore them.
==
1 million bitcoins hahahahahahaha ok hahahahahah not done laughing yet hahahhaaahahahah
==
extortion is extortion..... hope someone finds out who these guys are and fills their heads with bitcoins.
==
Once Romney finds out about the tax advantages of bitcoins, he'll offer to pay all Staple employees in them.
==
Romney's biggest dilemma here is what the currency exchange between bitcoins and the Cayman Island dollar?
==
yeah the whole thing is absurd.
It sounds like someone wanted to blame hackers (in particular Anonymous)
for this. You can hear the contempt and hatred behind the whole story.
yeah, I'm sure someone is demanding bitcoins to play video games. as ransom
yeah, I'm sure someone clever enough to crack PWC is going to spell
"leaders" wrong, or address the demand to "leaders"
Then there is the decryption key--aping Julian Assange's insurance file.
This is a hoax.
==
He will have a lifetime suppy of bitcoins to play video games
==
^^ check us out the "Kickstarter" of bitcoins!
==
Yep. Several other clues too, like the misspelling, the demand to pay the ransom in bitcoin, etc
==
Ahhh!!! My sister just unplugged my Nintendo and deleted all my Bitcoins!!
==
This should be a no-brainer for someone like Romney. Bitcoins cannot be taxed.
==
So now that we have a new economy, how many bitcoins do you have to have to be considered middle-class?
==
Shave and a Haircut...Two Bitcoins…
==
Im sending 10 BITCOINS ! only need 99,999 people to do the same !
Mitt is a flip flopper anyways dont really care about how rich he is because he started his life rich! be a success story if he started out middle class and made millions! 
Ryan well he can lie all he wants ! 
Even lied about his marathon time by over an Hour ! Apparently we need to ask Ryan if hes KENYAN ! With a time like he said he has to be Kenyan!  
Romney went to France to AVOID Americas Vietnam War 
Romney sends his MONEY to Switzerland to avoid American taxes
Obama 2012
==
Looked it up a Bitcoins can be worth up to $2.95 and as little as $0.22 close to the high today
==
Bitcoins?  Wasn't that the fictional computer currency that was featured in an episode of The Good Wife?
==
I want to exchange 3 goats, 7 chickens, and a lobster for some bitcoins... where can I do that?
==
How much is a Bitcoins worth
==
obvious publicity stunt for "bitcoin"
==
These crazy hackers and their futuristic money. Look, I don't have any Bitcoins, can I just mail you a coffee can full of regular change?
==
Romney won't cave to these terrorists. What's the currency exchange rate of the Cayman dollar for bitcoins?Huh
==
I heard that if you hit a midget on the head with a mallet they will turn into 10 Bitcoins...
==
Somewhere, Mitt Romney has made a large, undisclosed purchase of Bitcoins. Tomorrow, he will be dropping off a large bag of Monopoly money, unmarked $20's, on a deserted dock.
==
Yes. All Dems pay each other in bitcoins. It's our little secret.
==
To be fair...Romney probably has no idea what a Bitcoin is, and that doesn't change the fact that he has more plans to increase Bitcoins in the pockets of the middle class than he does dollars.
==
This is too silly. Sorry to disappoint all the conspiracy folks out there, but this was done by a bunch of drunk frat boys with computer skills who were re-united at the start of the college year. The didn't break in to anything, they didn't steal anything, and now they've sobered up just enough to realize they are in deep doo-doo.
$1 million in bitcoins? Really?
==
Cough up the Bitcoins , Mitt. Tomorrow you'll be paying in poker chips.
==
This is the beginning of the end of Bitcoin.
==
Tomorrow's news: Bain buys out Bitcoins, gets his money back, then guts the company.
==
Bitcoins sound worthless to me
==
Bitcoins can't buy me love......but they can get you some shady shilt tax returns.
==
Well, the last I heard Cayman Islands doesn't off shore Bitcoins.
==
No,NOT dollars..Bitcoins is not cash.
==
i have used bitcoins on silk road site before. You can buy weed online and have it delivered.
==
Wow, there are some kids somewhere who about to learn a very hard lesson in who NOT to scam.   You don't mess around with stuff like this.  And yes, it has to be kids/nerds/someone emotionally immature - that's why they're asking for "bitcoins" instead of real money - because they live online, bitcoins have more value to them than real money.
==
This just in: The 13% paid by Romneys in 2010 were calculated in Bitcoins (a third of one percent when converted to US dollars).
==
Hey goofballs - you're not getting your 1$M in bitcoins.  So if you're for real then make a statement and just release the returns to the media.   And, then the next time you do it and ask for bitcoins you WILL get them.  That's how it's done.  Because right now no one believe you have the real thing.  So release them to the media - ALL media including overseas.  Because some media outlets won't publish them because they're owned by GOP supporters.
==
Bitcoins, that's funny!
==
Heck i'm sending bitcoins!
==
Bitcoins.....its a digital currency used in the digital world
==

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 07:35:34 PM

Bitcoins?  Wasn't that the fictional computer currency that was featured in an episode of The Good Wife?

It's the real deal. We even have a mystery founder.  Wink
* kiba knows the OP will never actually pay attention.

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 01:16:50 AM

Here is an excerpt from 5032 comments mentioned Bitcoin in the article sorted by newest first:
==
The group demands $1 million worth of the online currency Bitcoins. It also says that people who want the documents released can send money as well, and whichever side sends $1 million first will win."
Democrats, let's all send our money to this group! We want to see what's in Gov. Romney's tax returns! Maybe we can help to catch a few criminal wrongdoings that the IRS has not caught yet!
==
What the 'hacker' should do is ask the Internet for $1M in bitcoin --- in order to RELEASE the documents.   There are plenty of people who would pitch in money on that....assuming they could offer a bit of proof that they have what they claim.
==
They are giving Romney and his people until September 28, presumably to give them enough time to figure out how to use the internet and get to bitcoin.
==
I'll vote for him if he pays me 1 million in bitcoins.
==
lol BitCoins.
==
Proly a bitcoin advertisement.
==
Just what is the currency exchange of Cayman island dollars to bitcoins? If Romney finds out there's a buck to be made, he'll convert all his Swiss bank accounts into bitcoins.
==
Come on, folks - this is a bunch of drunk college kids whooping it up. They didn't break into anything, they didn't steal anything, and there is no conspiracy. And once they sober up a little, and stop giggling, this will be exposed for what it is - nothing.
$1 million Bitcoins? Really?
==
Pathetic bitcoin lamers. If they had anything, they would have leaked some of it to prove they have something. They have nothing, not even skills (which they would just use to steal bitcoins directly if that's what they're after). Ignore them.
==
1 million bitcoins hahahahahahaha ok hahahahahah not done laughing yet hahahhaaahahahah
==
extortion is extortion..... hope someone finds out who these guys are and fills their heads with bitcoins.
==
Once Romney finds out about the tax advantages of bitcoins, he'll offer to pay all Staple employees in them.
==
Romney's biggest dilemma here is what the currency exchange between bitcoins and the Cayman Island dollar?
==
yeah the whole thing is absurd.
It sounds like someone wanted to blame hackers (in particular Anonymous)
for this. You can hear the contempt and hatred behind the whole story.
yeah, I'm sure someone is demanding bitcoins to play video games. as ransom
yeah, I'm sure someone clever enough to crack PWC is going to spell
"leaders" wrong, or address the demand to "leaders"
Then there is the decryption key--aping Julian Assange's insurance file.
This is a hoax.
==
He will have a lifetime suppy of bitcoins to play video games
==
^^ check us out the "Kickstarter" of bitcoins!
==
Yep. Several other clues too, like the misspelling, the demand to pay the ransom in bitcoin, etc
==
Ahhh!!! My sister just unplugged my Nintendo and deleted all my Bitcoins!!
==
This should be a no-brainer for someone like Romney. Bitcoins cannot be taxed.
==
So now that we have a new economy, how many bitcoins do you have to have to be considered middle-class?
==
Shave and a Haircut...Two Bitcoins…
==
Im sending 10 BITCOINS ! only need 99,999 people to do the same !
Mitt is a flip flopper anyways dont really care about how rich he is because he started his life rich! be a success story if he started out middle class and made millions! 
Ryan well he can lie all he wants ! 
Even lied about his marathon time by over an Hour ! Apparently we need to ask Ryan if hes KENYAN ! With a time like he said he has to be Kenyan!  
Romney went to France to AVOID Americas Vietnam War 
Romney sends his MONEY to Switzerland to avoid American taxes
Obama 2012
==
Looked it up a Bitcoins can be worth up to $2.95 and as little as $0.22 close to the high today
==
Bitcoins?  Wasn't that the fictional computer currency that was featured in an episode of The Good Wife?
==
I want to exchange 3 goats, 7 chickens, and a lobster for some bitcoins... where can I do that?
==
How much is a Bitcoins worth
==
obvious publicity stunt for "bitcoin"
==
These crazy hackers and their futuristic money. Look, I don't have any Bitcoins, can I just mail you a coffee can full of regular change?
==
Romney won't cave to these terrorists. What's the currency exchange rate of the Cayman dollar for bitcoins?Huh
==
I heard that if you hit a midget on the head with a mallet they will turn into 10 Bitcoins...
==
Somewhere, Mitt Romney has made a large, undisclosed purchase of Bitcoins. Tomorrow, he will be dropping off a large bag of Monopoly money, unmarked $20's, on a deserted dock.
==
Yes. All Dems pay each other in bitcoins. It's our little secret.
==
To be fair...Romney probably has no idea what a Bitcoin is, and that doesn't change the fact that he has more plans to increase Bitcoins in the pockets of the middle class than he does dollars.
==
This is too silly. Sorry to disappoint all the conspiracy folks out there, but this was done by a bunch of drunk frat boys with computer skills who were re-united at the start of the college year. The didn't break in to anything, they didn't steal anything, and now they've sobered up just enough to realize they are in deep doo-doo.
$1 million in bitcoins? Really?
==
Cough up the Bitcoins , Mitt. Tomorrow you'll be paying in poker chips.
==
This is the beginning of the end of Bitcoin.
==
Tomorrow's news: Bain buys out Bitcoins, gets his money back, then guts the company.
==
Bitcoins sound worthless to me
==
Bitcoins can't buy me love......but they can get you some shady shilt tax returns.
==
Well, the last I heard Cayman Islands doesn't off shore Bitcoins.
==
No,NOT dollars..Bitcoins is not cash.
==
i have used bitcoins on silk road site before. You can buy weed online and have it delivered.
==
Wow, there are some kids somewhere who about to learn a very hard lesson in who NOT to scam.   You don't mess around with stuff like this.  And yes, it has to be kids/nerds/someone emotionally immature - that's why they're asking for "bitcoins" instead of real money - because they live online, bitcoins have more value to them than real money.
==
This just in: The 13% paid by Romneys in 2010 were calculated in Bitcoins (a third of one percent when converted to US dollars).
==
Hey goofballs - you're not getting your 1$M in bitcoins.  So if you're for real then make a statement and just release the returns to the media.   And, then the next time you do it and ask for bitcoins you WILL get them.  That's how it's done.  Because right now no one believe you have the real thing.  So release them to the media - ALL media including overseas.  Because some media outlets won't publish them because they're owned by GOP supporters.
==
Bitcoins, that's funny!
==
Heck i'm sending bitcoins!
==
Bitcoins.....its a digital currency used in the digital world
==

thats a helluva lot of Bitcoin comments!  excellent.
n8rwJeTt8TrrLKPa55eU

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 01:59:09 AM

Thank you for compiling that list, a real time saver.
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2012, 02:55:35 AM

Bitcoins?  Wasn't that the fictional computer currency that was featured in an episode of The Good Wife?
priceless Smiley

Here all freaked out about all Good Wife watchers jumping on bitcoin tomorrow – there all thought it's fictional. Reality.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: