Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 02:26:55 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Extremists Target Bank of China  (Read 1327 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 08:13:05 AM

lol imagines an organization full of bitcoiners terrorists, like isis but that aim at every bank in the word to bring down centralization, now that would be a thing to support

they didn't tried this time with the ransom virus, at least it would have forced banks to buy bitcoin

the title is indeed a bit misleading
huadylmate

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 08:25:53 AM

Writers with motives, the old saying any publicity is good publicity will be the best way to look at this or it looks terrible doesn't it lol Do we mind that other criminals work their way to bitcoin or are we looking for average joe more.? I personally think criminals will be more keen to hold their dirty money in bitcoin and lots of. Here's to the 'Extremists' keeping us in the press  Kiss
BitmoreCoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 09:08:27 AM

It is not about bitcoin extremest. If it is called so, then we can call USD, Euro extremest in most other cases.
Fedoraeuphoria

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 09:14:04 AM

This is hilarious. I can't believe the author spun Satoshi's absence as a threat to the stability of Bitcoin.
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 10:34:00 AM

(Hong Kong) — Foreign bitcoin terrorists no longer content with pilfering small business owners and private citizens, have now turned their attention to more lucrative targets.

"The case has been classified as blackmail and will be investigated by the Cyber Security and Technology Crime Bureau. Preliminary investigation suggests the attacks were launched from multiple countries."

Police confirmed that those behind the attack demanded payment in bitcoin following a DDoS warning attack, during which the banks website was flooded with significant amounts of traffic in order to interrupt access by bank customers. The police spokesperson said the threats included promises of future attacks.

Bitcoin is hugely popular among cyber criminals, illicit drug traders, and international crime syndicates, because of its potential to allow transactions to remain anonymous when used properly.

The inventor of the popular digital currency remains missing after vanishing with over 1 million bitcoins he mined while holding the lion’s share of the network hashing power. Bitcoin adopters are praying he doesn’t dump those coins on the market which could crash the price and crush the dreams of its many followers.

The last time Satoshi communicated privately he wrote, “I’ve moved on to other things and probably won’t be around in the future.”

The statements are kind of misleading. Other than that, overall when I read the article, instantaneously I would imagine the first impression a newbie would get is bitcoin is some kind of scam activity with no good intentions. I wish something could be done on that. And also it worsens when the so-called attacker demanded that they get paid in bitcoin, that adds on further to the negative side.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: