Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:41:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Firm Xapo Relocates to Switzerland  (Read 600 times)
Coinbuddy (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 05:56:41 AM

Bitcoin firm Xapo announced its plans to relocate to Zurich in order to benefit from Switzerland’s neutrality and stability. The company, which focuses on security and bitcoin services, has started the transition around three months ago, following requests from its customers.

For now, the company plans to hire finance and legal staff from Europe while maintaining a small presence in the United States. According to Xapo CEO Wences Casares, this decision was made after clients raised concerns about bitcoin regulation and increased oversight on transactions.

Source: http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/05/15/bitcoin-firm-xapo-relocates-to-switzerland/
thebenjamincode

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

37iGtdUJc2xXTDkw5TQZJQX1Wb98gSLYVP

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 11:27:24 AM

Bitcoin firm Xapo announced its plans to relocate to Zurich in order to benefit from Switzerland’s neutrality and stability. The company, which focuses on security and bitcoin services, has started the transition around three months ago, following requests from its customers.

For now, the company plans to hire finance and legal staff from Europe while maintaining a small presence in the United States. According to Xapo CEO Wences Casares, this decision was made after clients raised concerns about bitcoin regulation and increased oversight on transactions.

Source: http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/05/15/bitcoin-firm-xapo-relocates-to-switzerland/

wow that a great news. thanks for sharing it. i am actually a xapo user and also made a faucet about it xapor.tk
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 03:59:59 PM

Smart move. Sounds good for Xapo.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 04:19:25 PM

Everyone that starts making serious money eventually moves to Switzerland to not get obliterated by mega taxes. I guess Xapo is being a success then.
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 06:17:41 AM

As a user of Xapo, I find this very nice.

NyeFe

Activity: 699
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 06:22:54 AM

Everyone that starts making serious money eventually moves to Switzerland to not get obliterated by mega taxes. I guess Xapo is being a success then.

Regarding 'https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1064223.0' it would also increase their marketshare, since I'm almost certainly sure they wouldn't be required to follow any sanctions set by the U.S. govt.

MicroDApp.com—Smart Contract developers. Lets build a decentralized future!
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 11:18:55 AM

This is a great Idea I think, because I also a Xapo user Grin I hope Xapo will make the service even better in the future Wink

faucet used to be profitable
Buttknuckle

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 04:28:14 PM

Brilliant!  If it really is to protect user data that is.  Here in the us so many companies can do nothing when the government wants to take the data.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: