Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 05:47:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dark Net Weapons Bust Leads To 17 Arrests and a $80,000 Bitcoin Seizure  (Read 2330 times)
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 06:50:58 PM

I really laugh when people say " bitcoin is not worth anything,  it is only a joke" .

But why it is used for these illegal and expensive things  Roll Eyes, really insane... and those people should "be silent" because they do not know what they are saying.
goosoodude

Activity: 584
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 03:42:50 AM

$2,500 for a Walther PPK/S .380 calibre pistol and a silencer! The guy didn't know how to shop, you can get a decent gun for way less.

The sale was made in Australia which virtually has a complete gun ban. It takes 6 months of a sport shooting club membership to be eligible to purchase a handgun that will be strictly used for sport shooting.

When I was in school, I met an Australian student at a US gun range who told me that he unintentionally smuggled about 20 rounds of loose .22 LR ammunition in his carry on bag on one of his trips back to Australia. Somehow it wasn't detected by Airport security. His carry on backpack was also his gun range bag, and this was a long time ago before 9/11 so I believed him then.

Anyway he claims to have sold the 20 rounds of .22 LR (with a cost of 40 cents based on Walmart prices back then) for 200 AUD in Australia to some shady character.

Is .22 rimfire really Unobtaniuim in Australia?

It's not just .22 - it's everything. I've visited friends in Queensland several times in the last few years and yeah it ain't easy to own guns or buy ammo there. They have some pretty fucked up laws about gun ownership where you have to prove a genuine need and a genuine reason to own a gun. You don't just walk into your local Walmart and buy a few boxes of ammo either. They came to visit us in the U.S. one summer and we took them shooting. They were amazed at how many guns we are allowed to own and how much .223 remington we were able to shoot through in one weekend. I remember Curt saying we could take over the entire country of Australia with just the two ammo cans we brought camping with us. lol
I believe their police force (and military) is pretty well armed, so I doubt you could actually take over the entire country with two people and a few cans of ammo lol.

Australia is very unique in that it is physically isolated from the rest of the world, making it difficult to smuggle anything into the country. In the US for example you could either cross the boarder via Mexico or make the short boat trip into the US from it's southern water boarder if you were to smuggle something into the US. With Australia on the other hand you will generally need to have the contraband transported on a major transportation carrier (and be subject to potential searches) which is going to be more difficult and more expensive.

AUS is also unique in that they are a very peaceful country. If that has anything to do with their strict gun laws is up for debate

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 03:52:24 AM

Drive home safe everybody.

http://www.thelocal.ch/20150208/hsbc-swiss-bank-helped-terrorists-and-criminals

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███