Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:14:49 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Difference between uBTC and mBTC  (Read 5140 times)
itweb1010 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 11:32:20 AM

Please tell me what is the difference between uBTC and mBTC. I want to know this topics clearly. Because I have a bitcoin wallet address and I earn bitcoin satoshi from many websites http://faucet4btc.blogspot.com/ BTC I understand the means of satoshi. But what is uBTC and mBTC?
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 11:36:00 AM

Please tell me what is the difference between uBTC and mBTC. I want to know this topics clearly. Because I have a bitcoin wallet address and I earn bitcoin satoshi from many websites http://faucet4btc.blogspot.com/ BTC I understand the means of satoshi. But what is uBTC and mBTC?

1 mbtc is 0.001 btc
1 ubtc is 0.000001 btc

try to read this as well, this has been asked before https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=98860.0
GonnaGrinditout

Activity: 94
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 11:41:58 AM

1 mBTC = 0.001 BTC
1 uBTC = 0.000001 BTC
1 Bits = 1 uBTC = 0.000001 BTC

≛≛≛BTC  HUGE 7 BTC WELCOME BONUS  BTC≛≛≛
☜☆☞☜☆☞☜☆☞ Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked☜☆☞☜☆☞☜☆☞
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 11:48:26 AM

^^^ What they said...
Also, if you want to save yourself the trouble of having to calculate things yourself,
then you might find this useful: youmeandbtc.com/bitcoin-converter/convert-btc-mbtc-bits-satoshis-usd/

Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 01:03:23 PM

1 Satoshi   = 0.00000001 ฿   = (Satoshi)
10 Satoshi   = 0.00000010 ฿   = (Finley)
100 Satoshi   = 0.00000100 ฿   = 1 Bit / μBTC (mikro btc)
1,000 Satoshi   = 0.00001000 ฿   
10,000 Satoshi   = 0.00010000 ฿   
100,000 Satoshi   = 0.00100000 ฿   = 1 mBTC (em-bit)
1,000,000 Satoshi   = 0.01000000 ฿   = 1 cBTC (bitcent)
10,000,000 Satoshi   = 0.10000000 ฿   
100,000,000 Satoshi   = 1.00000000 ฿    = 1 BTC

This is how Bitcoins with different prefixes are called.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 01:21:09 PM

they should report that in the client already(in your balance first tab, not where you send your coins), or an option like a toggle button, it would help a lot new comers
fox19891989

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 01:21:59 PM

uBTC and mBTC are different units, you know m = 1*10^-3, u = 1*10^-6,

Firstly I need to tell you the conception of satoshi, 1 sat is 1 satoshit, 1btc = 100000000 satoshis, satoshi is the smallest unit. 1 satoshi = 0.00000001 btc.

mbtc = 1*10^-3 btc = 0.001btc = 100000 satoshis.

ubtc = 1*10^-6 = 0.000001 btc = 100 satoshis.

Is this clear now? If no, I will explain in the other simpler way. Grin
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4668

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 05:13:56 PM

μ is the lower case twelfth letter of the greek alphabet.
It is requently pronounced by english speakers as moo.
Since the year 1960, when used as an SI prefix, it represents the prefix micro which represents a multiplier of 10-6 or "millionth".
As such, 1 μBTC (pronounced "one micro-bitcoin") is 100 satoshi or 0.000001 BTC.

m is the lower case thirteenth letter of the the english alphabet.
Since the year 1795, when used as a metric (or SI) prefix, it represents the prefix "milli" which represents a multiplier of 10-3 or "thousandth".
As such, 1 mBTC (prounounced "one milli-bitcoin") is 100000 satoshi or 0.001 BTC

Troonetpt

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 04:22:03 AM

At this present, the mimum transaction fee is 0.1mB, the faucet is just waste your time, you can join a signature campaign to earn more.
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 04:31:00 AM

1 Satoshi   = 0.00000001 ฿   = (Satoshi)
10 Satoshi   = 0.00000010 ฿   = (Finley)

Is 10 satos really called a "Finley"?
I have never heard that before. Pretty funny.
Any btc links that actually refer to that being an agreed upon denomination?

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
Redones

Activity: 320
Merit: 261

Web developper

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 06:10:58 AM

here a website where you can show and convert all bitcoin by-product
http://www.btcsatoshi.com/
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 11:12:18 AM

When is a lower denomination unit gonna be implemented? It's better if it happens as soon as possible.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 11:17:13 AM

When is a lower denomination unit gonna be implemented? It's better if it happens as soon as possible.

I think it is not necessary yet seeing that the value is still hovering in 3 digits. It can be done I think, though it is not yet needed today but soon if 1 satoshi is equal to a cent.
podyx
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 11:37:37 AM

I think it is not necessary yet seeing that the value is still hovering in 3 digits. It can be done I think, though it is not yet needed today but soon if 1 satoshi is equal to a cent.

But if it's done later when bitcoin is valued at a higher price then it's gonna confuse a lot of people. That's the problem.
OnkelPaul
Legendary

Activity: 1039

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 11:40:46 AM

In the blockchain, only Satoshis are ever dealt with.
Other units are entirely a matter of convention and coding in the software dealing with bitcoin transactions and amounts.
I think all wallets have options to show bitcoin amounts in different units (mBTC should be supported by most, many will also handle µBTC.)
You can just use such an option if you like, but your choice should not limit the choice of someone else who prefers to see fractional bitcoins in her transactions.

Onkel Paul

podyx
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 11:48:30 AM

In the blockchain, only Satoshis are ever dealt with.
Other units are entirely a matter of convention and coding in the software dealing with bitcoin transactions and amounts.
I think all wallets have options to show bitcoin amounts in different units (mBTC should be supported by most, many will also handle µBTC.)
You can just use such an option if you like, but your choice should not limit the choice of someone else who prefers to see fractional bitcoins in her transactions.

Onkel Paul

I know this but eventually we're gonna need a unit which everyone understands (and are comfortable with, as in using it on a every week/day basis and knowing immidiately how much an amount is worth when it's uttered.) It's like saying somebody who speaks french and somebody who speaks spanish can communicate.
OnkelPaul
Legendary

Activity: 1039

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 12:11:15 PM

I know this but eventually we're gonna need a unit which everyone understands (and are comfortable with, as in using it on a every week/day basis and knowing immidiately how much an amount is worth when it's uttered.) It's like saying somebody who speaks french and somebody who speaks spanish can communicate.

Yet we already have that unit(s): m and µ prefixes as borrowed from the SI system work pretty well (I hope to see the day when prices for everyday items are expressed in µBTC because nobody wants to count zeros after the decimal dot of mBTC values...).
What's missing is not the unit but the education so that everybody using BTC also knows what mBTC and µBTC mean.
Wallet programmers might contribute a little towards this education by prominently showing a short explanation of these units in the settings area of their applications where the unit for display is selected. I've just checked Mycelium on my phone, it does not do this :-(

Onkel Paul

harrymmmm

Activity: 576
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 12:24:34 PM

Yet we already have that unit(s): m and µ prefixes as borrowed from the SI system work pretty well (I hope to see the day when prices for everyday items are expressed in µBTC because nobody wants to count zeros after the decimal dot of mBTC values...).
What's missing is not the unit but the education so that everybody using BTC also knows what mBTC and µBTC mean.
Wallet programmers might contribute a little towards this education by prominently showing a short explanation of these units in the settings area of their applications where the unit for display is selected. I've just checked Mycelium on my phone, it does not do this :-(

Onkel Paul

Almost everywhere in the world, the milli and micro prefixes are well known, appear on all product descriptions and are used in normal conversation. They are well understood.
Except the USA, and even there they are used by all professionals in any technical or scientific area. Even on product descriptions in many cases. The sad part is that at USA street level people can't seem to understand.
A modicum of education is sorely needed there. It's really not rocket science.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4668

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 12:57:26 PM

- snip -

Right.  We already have examples of how bad it can get when you look in the other direction.

When one guy typically talks in terms of dollars, and another talks in terms of thousands or millions, neither guy has any idea what the other is talking about.  It's complete chaos.  We really need to do better than that when we go in the smaller direction so that we don't have the same confusion.

The other day I had someone tell me that the national debt was over $18 trillion.  I simply have no way of knowing if this is a big number or not.  I mean is that the same as my weekly paycheck, or perhaps the same as my mortgage?  Or maybe its the same as a ham sandwhich?  I'm just so confused.

/sarcasm

Come on.  Humans are perfectly capable of using multipliers when using numbers. We do it ALL THE TIME. It only feels unfamilliar to you going in the smaller direction because IT IS UNFAMILIAR TO YOU.  As it occurs more often and you are exposed to it more it will feel natural and you won't even need to think about it.  It will be obvious that 1 milli-bitcoin is equal to 1000 micro-bitcoin in the exact same way that it is obvious to you that 1 billion-dollars is equal to 1000 million-dollars.
Rude Boy

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 01:27:20 PM

Is this topic makes any sense to you? ► https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=574960.0
uBTC is microbitcoin, and mBTC is milibitcoin.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: