Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:39:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electronics for bitcoins? Feedback :)  (Read 1345 times)
egyproductions (OP)

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 11:34:32 AM
Last edit: May 17, 2015, 11:51:58 AM by egyproductions

hello!

Please have a read and give your feedback!

So we are launching a site soon, an online store for cheap affordable electronics using bitcoin
Here is a sample product...

We will have hundreds of products, check our product range -

full List of products here

Nearly all products are less than 1BTC

Our affiliate program:

With our large selections of  electronics and gadgets you can promote a wide array of products using your referral tools.  whether you are an affiliate marketer or a blog/site owner, you will surely find products that will appeal to your audiences.

our our affiliate program pays 16% of life time purchases made by referred members. payments are sent automatically on your Bitcoin wallet every 24 hours!
egajuarsa

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 11:51:54 AM

Why is so cheap?
egyproductions (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 11:54:26 AM

That's the niche we will be focusing on, cheap medium/good quality.

We have cheaper products too, smartphones for less than 0.4 BTC
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 11:57:23 AM

The screenshots look good... If you're legit and ship things nicely I guess everything will go well. And if you include an escrowing service, even better
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1570

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 11:59:42 AM

The first question I'd ask myself before buying from you is 'are you legit?'.

If you start a new platform that only accept BTC you'll have a real problem with gaining trust. Few questions:

Will you also accept fiat, if not, why? Are you registered business, if so, in what country? Why are you launching new platform instead of using any existing (trusted) one?

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 12:06:43 PM

this is too good to be true....but....

(but honestly? stay away, probably scam  Cheesy ! )

egyproductions (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 12:11:40 PM

Thanks for all the Feedback!

of course, it takes time to gain peoples trust, especially when comes to crypto-currency, you have to be extra carefully, i really cant do much to prove to you legitimacy, the only way that can be established is through time, and hopefully we are able to build a reputation.

for bitcoin to succeed, we need to learn to trust each other, but of-course in every place on earth, there is the scammer and the legit, and only time reveals both. one thing for sure, is people can be more truest worthy than the current financial system.

We do not accept any payment except coins

why?

well, if you are able to buy cheap products exclusively with bitcoins doesn't that make bitcoin a little more valuable? i am a bitcoin enthuiest and i believe one way to catch people attention about bitcoin, is to provide a reason for them to use bitcoin as a payment, in this case, because they are able to buy cheap goods using me and my colleagues web store.

If we treat bitcoin with the value it deserves, then this is when the sky becomes the limit.
egyproductions (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 12:12:41 PM

@LiteCoinGuy

I will post an update here when the site is launched.
Hopefully you can leave your feedback here after you receive your order Cheesy
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 12:30:34 PM

Quick question: how can we confirm the legitimacy of your service? Nowadays, I could probably set up a site wherein I'll offer my peers this things for this cheap. Also, being a new service, it is pretty shady if you'll only do bitcoin transactions because apparently, most of the time you could run away with the money with the minimal risk of having sued by your customers because bitcoin isn't accompanied (at least on my knowledge) to some theft laws. There are no laws existing for customer protection when it is payed in bitcoin.

Last one, will you be selling pc parts?
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 12:33:28 PM

looks cool, just please ask somebody for correct grammar errors etc. "playsation" sounds like "adihash" Smiley
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1570

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 12:33:51 PM

i really cant do much to prove to you legitimacy, the only way that can be established is through time, and hopefully we are able to build a reputation.

Incorrect. There's plenty ways to prove your legitimacy.

for bitcoin to succeed, we need to learn to trust each other...

Incorrect. It's the opposite, Bitcoin is about clear rules and trustless system. If you want a system based entirely on trust, use IOUs.

We do not accept any payment except coins

why?

well, if you are able to buy cheap products exclusively with bitcoins doesn't that make bitcoin a little more valuable? i am a bitcoin enthuiest and i believe one way to catch people attention about bitcoin, is to provide a reason for them to use bitcoin as a payment, in this case, because they are able to buy cheap goods using me and my colleagues web store.

If we treat bitcoin with the value it deserves, then this is when the sky becomes the limit.

So you're saying that your goal is not to build a profitable and sustainable business but to pump the price of bitcoin?

You dodged my other questions. Here they are again:

Are you registered business, if so, in what country?
Why are you launching new platform instead of using any existing (trusted) one?

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
egyproductions (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 12:44:13 PM

Not really, we are making profits, and about legitimacy, you would have to wait and see u guess, i will be active here on the forums and on our forums as well as on IRC, and hopefully the reviews will start coming in when we deliver our first orders!

We will also have a 12 hour phone support line.

egyproductions (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 12:46:37 PM

About your questions, no we are nit registered, we are a group of university graduates working with a team of freelancers from a small office in oxfordshire
egyproductions (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 12:50:09 PM

Please also have a read of the affiliate program details, it will be launched a week after (fingers crossed) we are fully running and online
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 01:06:09 PM

About your questions, no we are nit registered, we are a group of university graduates working with a team of freelancers from a small office in oxfordshire

If you are not registered than this means that your product may not be your creation but you can put in parts from product A-Z and create your own. From the look of your products it seems that you are coming from China. I know that in there the phone parts are easily obtain and people could create their phone easily from parts
dothebeats
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 01:18:58 PM

If you're talking about a business, then a registration is a must because it is one way of showing your legitimacy towards your peers and customers. Without this, I don't think anyone would be gullible enough to hand you some bitcoin with a promise of sending the product over in x amount of time. Even if you say you are university graduates and freelancers, you need to abide by certain regulations if you're planning to set up a business.
egyproductions (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 01:24:06 PM

I am not from china, but alot of the products are, again, about legitimacy, this takes time, even registered businesses can be scams, i disagree with you, hell even banks are scams..

Anyway i will be updating this thread when we launch, but please keep the feedback coming!
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 01:30:42 PM

maybe i'm missing something but you can found that exactly model for 70 euro, don't look that cheap to me

is that model the same as this(they look the same)

http://www.myefox.it/blackview-breeze-mtk6582w-13ghz-quad-core-45-pollici-fwvga-screen-android-50-3g-smartphone-g-159158

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blackview-Breeze-4-5-inch-IPS-Quad-Core-Smartphone-Android-4-4-8GB-ROM-8-0MP-3G-/191549081651(this is with androind 4.4, but still it should not make a great difference)
dothebeats
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 01:36:24 PM

I am not from china, but alot of the products are, again, about legitimacy, this takes time, even registered businesses can be scams, i disagree with you, hell even banks are scams..

Anyway i will be updating this thread when we launch, but please keep the feedback coming!

From the way you reason, you give me another thing not to trust you. If you want to create a legitimate business trusted by your peers, then you must at least try to appear legitimate. In this case you aren't. Heck, you haven't provided even a single piece of proof that you'll be operating legitimately. How would I even trust a business that isn't even aware of capitalization on proper nouns, spelling, and the capitalization of the word "I"? Please, try harder.
MonkeyCoin11

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 01:40:17 PM

In fact you resell item from website like AliExpress ^^
So you buy it for us for BTC ?
dothebeats
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 02:19:09 PM

In fact you resell item from website like AliExpress ^^
So you buy it for us for BTC ?

Nothing is revealed about their business model. Maybe it is like that, because the gadget that OP just posted in here costs around $80 on different online markets. Reseller or not, I'm still doubting the legitimacy of this service.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 02:35:03 PM

it is so hard to trust anyone these days. especially with bitcoin; the whole thing about it being irreversible makes everyone to think twice before spending their bitcoin on an unknown service.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 05:51:32 PM

it is so hard to trust anyone these days. especially with bitcoin; the whole thing about it being irreversible makes everyone to think twice before spending their bitcoin on an unknown service.

yes, unfortunately it is because of non-reversible transactions, no authority and anonymity.it is just attracting retards and all kind of SCAM from whole world..Smiley the biggest advantage on one side can be easily turned against customer on other side..
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 09:35:55 PM

How about the shipping costs? you need to add more details about the shipping costs Wink

faucet used to be profitable
egyproductions (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 12:43:33 AM

Yes, we do re sell products from china, we have a few suppliers who are from ali express,shipping ranges between $10 and $28 depending on how quick you want to get your order.

We have spent alot of money on that website, if this was a scam, a cheaper website without SSL encryption, you can tell its not a scam, since we are trying to build a community. But if you insist its a scam, and have doubts, i suggest your do not buy anything until reviews come in.

We are not registered
We do not use Fake money (fiat)
and we are more than just an online bitcoin store.
PenguinFire

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

That Darn Cat

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 12:45:39 AM

How is fiat fake money?  Huh  I do not get that at all.  I think your website is probably legit if you paid for a SSL license.

egyproductions (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 01:39:11 AM

Yep we have an SSL license.

We there is no value in the paper money, any can print a paper and give it a fictional value.
bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 03:01:56 AM

I don't know whether the offer is too good to be true. But it might be. And if it is, then it is a very good initiatives to involve more people. This will encourage buyers to learn BTC as well as new companies to integrate with BTC.

egyproductions (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 04:06:02 AM

I don't know whether the offer is too good to be true. But it might be. And if it is, then it is a very good initiatives to involve more people. This will encourage buyers to learn BTC as well as new companies to integrate with BTC.

Exactly! thats what i mean^ final someone who understands my enthusiasm, one way to support bitcoin is to battle the other types of payments, since all other payment (for example paypal) force users (in a way) to use their type of payment, which is fiat money/credit card (aka illusional of fictional money)  hopefully when we grow we plan to expand by buying in much larger quantities for stock at extremely low wholesale prices that combined with the original low price of Chinese products would be sold on our store at extremely low prices, but as we only accept bitcoin, that in a way puts value into the currency.. see where i'm coming from?

bitbaby

Activity: 812

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 04:45:49 AM

The screenshots look good... If you're legit and ship things nicely I guess everything will go well. And if you include an escrowing service, even better

^This. I think if you want to truly come out as a legit service, you need to enable a third party escrow service. Especially since you're dealing with electronic goods.

You have to understand that people's past experiences shopping with Bitcoins haven't been too great and
companies who looked real turned out to be not. So don't be alarmed with all these question because if you're really legit, you'll survive in the end and it's just that people don't trust anyone these days and I don't blame them.

Anyways all the best with your site.

grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 04:53:22 AM

Seems like if you advertise it well electronics for bitcoins would make a really good business model.  There are already businesses that take BTC for various electronics like Overstock.com, Newegg, Tigerdirect and many more big and small businesses. 

I hope the business is successful.  It's always good for BTC as long as businesses are doing good thing for the BTC community to include providing a valuable service.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
egyproductions (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 05:33:44 AM

Thanks for all the feedback!

Hopefully we will implement an escrow service soon after we launch with a few weeks.
tss

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 06:26:02 AM

Thanks for all the feedback!

Hopefully we will implement an escrow service soon after we launch with a few weeks.

yes you should use a trusted escrow.  without such, it will be difficult, for you to part a fool with his money.  there are very few fools left in the bitcoin game due to the amount of scamming going on.  everyone here is p.i. bitcoin nowadays.

ohh.. and.. i smell scam.
Xprim777
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1170

Icarus team 🔐💳

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 10:29:31 PM

Will the shipping be free and international ?

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
dothebeats
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 12:43:31 AM

Can you provide an exact date for the launch of your service? Also, as others have already pointed, please consider using escrow until you build a good reputation among the community.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 08:36:29 PM

Apparently this has launched... Any feedback about them?
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: