Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:29:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallets for Windows Phone?  (Read 4844 times)
NorrisK (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 11:46:59 AM

Hi all,

I've been using Windows Phone for over a year now and unfortunately some apps are still lacking. (Lets hope windows 10 finally solves this problem!)

Are there any good and thrustworthy windows phone wallet apps available? I don't want to risk losing my coins when I use a crappy app.

Cheers!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 12:02:54 PM

Have you tried Copay?

P.S. I found a paid app but I don't know you should try it or not. http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/bitcoin-wallet/6beb6013-ec4c-47e2-80c8-4b5f9dc4a307

NorrisK (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 06:11:49 PM

Have you tried Copay?

P.S. I found a paid app but I don't know you should try it or not. http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/bitcoin-wallet/6beb6013-ec4c-47e2-80c8-4b5f9dc4a307

I'm not really sure I trust this one, especially since it has quite a lot of positive feedback for quite an expensive app (most windows phone apps dont have a lot of feedback, let alone ones that cost 5 USD)

I will check out Copay, thanks!
josephno1

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Get Free Mobile Data http://get.kickbit.com/1/oexq

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 06:12:10 AM

Hi all,

I've been using Windows Phone for over a year now and unfortunately some apps are still lacking. (Lets hope windows 10 finally solves this problem!)

Are there any good and thrustworthy windows phone wallet apps available? I don't want to risk losing my coins when I use a crappy app.

Cheers!

Tbh since the windows phone store apps are much more lacking than Google Play and iOS, I would pick a web wallet and just access it through a web browser on your phone

NorrisK (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 12:20:08 PM

Hi all,

Cheers!

Tbh since the windows phone store apps are much more lacking than Google Play and iOS, I would pick a web wallet and just access it through a web browser on your phone

I don't really like the thought of web browser wallets, especially since more and more virusses appear on mobile platforms and virus scanners using quite the resources and battery.
philiveyjr
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 08:23:45 AM

Ive been using windows phones for about 2 years+ now.. n I still havent found one.. I just put some coins on my localbitcoins account(with 2FA) n use it when I need to use BTC on the go. So far so good.
Once windows 10 comes out properly.. apparently it will support iOS and android apps with just minor changes from the developers side. Cant wait for that to happen.

NorrisK (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 10:08:01 PM

Ive been using windows phones for about 2 years+ now.. n I still havent found one.. I just put some coins on my localbitcoins account(with 2FA) n use it when I need to use BTC on the go. So far so good.
Once windows 10 comes out properly.. apparently it will support iOS and android apps with just minor changes from the developers side. Cant wait for that to happen.

I really hope windows 10 will solve this problem... Atleast it seems to be possible to run android apps without any changes if you fake it being android (as long as it not requiring the play store..)
Dacm4n

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 07:00:52 PM

I really hope windows 10 will solve this problem... Atleast it seems to be possible to run android apps without any changes if you fake it being android (as long as it not requiring the play store..)
I also use windows phone and I think we'll see lots of new apps in the future, apparently it's super simple to port apps over and most run very well aside from the ones that need google services. You could install Windows 10 preview on your phone or a backup phone and test out the android porting tools with a few wallets and see which ones function.
NorrisK (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 07:07:35 AM

I also use windows phone and I think we'll see lots of new apps in the future, apparently it's super simple to port apps over and most run very well aside from the ones that need google services. You could install Windows 10 preview on your phone or a backup phone and test out the android porting tools with a few wallets and see which ones function.

I can't risk running the preview at the moment. I need a stable phone (thats why I went windows phone in the first place, fuck android and it's crashes..) at the moment. Will wait for the full release to try out the wallets Smiley
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 11:09:35 AM

I have a windows phone too and I have been using Copay as a secondry client for when I am away from my Laptop and I so far have no complaints, except few concerns on how to import it's keys to another wallet should it stop working in future but right now it's not possible to do that, so my advice to you would be to use it but only as a secondry wallet and keep minimum funds there.

But all in all till now I haven't had any issues with its working and I have kept upto 0.1 BTC there and they stayed there, It also has a multisig feature which can further keep your bitcoins safe.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
coinspacewallet

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 02:34:50 PM

Have you tried CoinSpace Wallet its in the App Store?
 www.coinspace.ch
twister

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 06:33:41 PM

Have you tried CoinSpace Wallet its in the App Store?
 www.coinspace.ch

Well I haven't, I just checked it out and it is in the App store but have 0 reviews, I might try it but I don't know if I should use an app that no one else is using.

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
wearehatetherules

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 10:10:24 AM

try to contact coinbase/blockchain for making some wallet for windows phone..  Grin

twister

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2015, 05:59:09 PM

try to contact coinbase/blockchain for making some wallet for windows phone..  Grin

Blockchain afaik had a windows wallet at one point and it supposedly did had all the features of the site but it was taken off from the store, not sure why but it probably had some vulnerabilities and coinbase I don't know/think they would do that because let's face it, there aren't many people who use windows phone in the first place and out of the ones who do there are very few who know and use bitcoins.

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
bitcoin1992

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 06:07:32 PM

Blockchain also has a windows app. Why don't try that? I don't think there's any reason why you won't trust blockchain Wink
Hugroll

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 06:09:30 PM

copay is available for windows. although i haven't used it for windows. it works great on my iPhone. I'm sure you wont be disappointed.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 10:36:46 PM

Blockchain also has a windows app. Why don't try that? I don't think there's any reason why you won't trust blockchain Wink
Other that similar reasons why we shouldn't trust any centralized service? It is easy to manipulate, easy to hack and it will be attacked sooner or later.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: