Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 08:12:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Update on Bruce Wagner situation  (Read 3072 times)
Marilynmonroe (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 09:08:37 AM

This is what he just wrote to me....I think I should just file a police report at this point.  Is there any chance of me getting a penny of my money back?  What do you guys think I should do?  I am beyond frustrated and angry!

So here's what happened....

The supplier where we have been getting our Bitcoins from.... was hacked and robbed. 

They lost about $250,000 worth of Bitcoins.   About $10,000 worth of those Bitcoins was OURS.   ( Lucky it wasn't a lot more than that, at the time. )

So, I am quickly arranging to get more Bitcoins through an alternate source, but it will take a couple of days to complete the bank wire transfer to Hong Kong... and get the Bitcoins in hand.

First, obviously, I apologize for any inconvenience and trouble this delay has caused.  It cost me $10,000 so far.  Plus unhappy customers, which is even worse.

At this point, I can give you two choices.   You can either wait about 3 days for the entire Hong Kong bank wire / purchase process to complete....  Then I'll send the Bitcoins to you.     Or....  I can issue a refund to you of your US dollars.   However, note that issuing a bank check by mail will take about 2 weeks to be sent in the mail.

Please let me know which one sounds better to you.  And, again, I apologize for this situation. 

Obviously, we will be using a different supplier and this should never happen again.

Bruce
kgonepostl

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 09:58:50 AM

Sucky...... Angry
gurki

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 11:18:34 AM

Hope everyone involved gets theie money back.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 11:46:16 AM

Bitfloor exchange was hacked.
http://www.techspot.com/news/50043-bitfloor-breached-hacker-makes-off-with-250000-in-bitcoins.html

Bruce Wagner is probably telling you the truth and used bitfloor,  and he seems to be doing what he can.  Why dont you just wait 3 days?
Endgame

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 12:20:34 PM

It is an unfortunate situation, but a lot of people are in the same boat. My advice would be to wait and take the bitcoins in 3 days. You shouldn't lose any money out of it.
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 12:30:01 PM

Why create ANOTHER thread for this?   Huh
Marilynmonroe (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 01:23:27 PM

Sorry, I just thought people should be aware of the situation.  I wasn't trying to cause any trouble.  I just wanted some advice. 

DonShrents

Activity: 96

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 01:31:07 PM

I don't quite know how to respond to this, being that it is a Bruce Wagner situation.

Knowing what most of us know about Bruce Wager, well, he is an opportunist.
If he was in fact using Bitfloor, then his claim definately has validity.

But, being the opportunist that he is, I think he may simply be using a known situation to procrastinate, or give him further excuses as to why he is unable to do something.

Bruce claims to be the most famous person in Bitcoin and a bitcoin expert, but if you have ever taken the time to listen to one of his interviews or watch his old bitcointv videos, it's quickly revealed that he is a complete idiot and knows far less than he would like to admit.

As I said, he is an opportunist and he will throw himself into the current mix of recent events just to become a part of them or to play a victim's role in it all.

Bruce Wagner can not be trusted.

~DonShrents
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 03:25:52 PM

I don't quite know how to respond to this, being that it is a Bruce Wagner situation.

But, being the opportunist that he is, I think he may simply be using a known situation to procrastinate, or give him further excuses as to why he is unable to do something.

Bruce claims to be the most famous person in Bitcoin and a bitcoin expert, but if you have ever taken the time to listen to one of his interviews or watch his old bitcointv videos, it's quickly revealed that he is a complete idiot and knows far less than he would like to admit.

As I said, he is an opportunist and he will throw himself into the current mix of recent events just to become a part of them or to play a victim's role in it all.

~DonShrents

+1

File that police report. 
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 07:13:22 PM

~DonShrents

Neither can Trendon Shavers or Pirateat40 be trusted. Do you know them? Is that your DBA?

lol 

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 07:21:35 PM

File a police report. If he had any intention of paying, he would have wired the money back to you.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 07:26:04 PM

This is what he just wrote to me....I think I should just file a police report at this point.  Is there any chance of me getting a penny of my money back?  What do you guys think I should do?  I am beyond frustrated and angry!

The supplier where we have been getting our Bitcoins from.... was hacked and robbed. 

They lost about $250,000 worth of Bitcoins.   About $10,000 worth of those Bitcoins was OURS.   ( Lucky it wasn't a lot more than that, at the time. )

So, I am quickly arranging to get more Bitcoins through an alternate source, but it will take a couple of days to complete the bank wire transfer to Hong Kong... and get the Bitcoins in hand.

First, obviously, I apologize for any inconvenience and trouble this delay has caused.  It cost me $10,000 so far.  Plus unhappy customers, which is even worse.

At this point, I can give you two choices.   You can either wait about 3 days for the entire Hong Kong bank wire / purchase process to complete....  Then I'll send the Bitcoins to you.     Or....  I can issue a refund to you of your US dollars.   However, note that issuing a bank check by mail will take about 2 weeks to be sent in the mail.

Please let me know which one sounds better to you.  And, again, I apologize for this situation. 

Obviously, we will be using a different supplier and this should never happen again.

Bruce

LOL this thread is a troll. Either you are too dumb to buy bitcoins else where and need to pay bruce 21% in fees or you are trolling.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

DonShrents

Activity: 96

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 07:28:23 PM

Neither can Trendon Shavers or Pirateat40 be trusted. Do you know them? Is that your DBA?

Sorry. I don't quite understand what it is that you are trying to imply.

~DonShrents
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 08:24:59 PM

~DonShrents

Perhaps this link should shed some light on what I am talking about, given your name matches the name that registered pirateat40.com and btcst.com

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=106394.0

Please oh please explain.  Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2012, 08:43:03 PM

~DonShrents

Yep! Atlas. See clue #17.
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 08:49:15 PM

Bruce

Write back to him and say you're happy to deduct up to $20 for the check to be sent first class recorded airmail than it shouldn't take two weeks!!
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 08:59:31 PM

Bruce

Write back to him and say you're happy to deduct up to $20 for the check to be sent first class recorded airmail than it shouldn't take two weeks!!

+1...although I have a feeling Bruce is going to make up some other bullshit excuse.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Marilynmonroe (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 10:09:25 PM

I am not trolling, I am a real person.  I understand and admit that I was naive, uninformed and too trusting in this situation.  I had 2 previous successful experiences with Bruce so I didn't think that this debacle would happen.  I came to this site for help and information- not to be insulted.   Angry

Bruce

LOL this thread is a troll. Either you are too dumb to buy bitcoins else where and need to pay bruce 21% in fees or you are trolling.

URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 11:47:13 PM

Sorry, I just thought people should be aware of the situation.  I wasn't trying to cause any trouble.  I just wanted some advice. 

If Bruce Wagner AND Pirate respond in this thread then I will forgive you.   Tongue
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 12:03:03 AM

~DonShrents

Yep! Atlas. See clue #17.
This guy is the old Atlas?  Yo, Atlas, how about the 20 btc you owe me from the debacle with the miners you were selling?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: