Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:18:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does technical analysis work for Bitcoins as well?  (Read 1312 times)
Frizz23 (OP)

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 11:53:30 AM

What do you think? Does the Bitcoin market function like every other (stock) market? Can technical analysis tools be used to forecast market trends?

E.g. Elliott Waves, lines of support, resistance, channels, and more obscure formations such as flags, pennants, balance days and cup and handle patterns.

Do you guys use technical analysis on e.g. MtGox?

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
sukiho

Activity: 514

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 12:17:49 PM

are you looking for a trend?
Wintermute

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 12:19:07 PM

Can technical analysis be used to forecast trends in other (e.g. stock) markets?
HDSolar

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2012, 12:43:41 PM

Can technical analysis be used to forecast trends in other (e.g. stock) markets?
I don't see why technical analysis would not work for bitcoin.  You might have problems with data quality or limited data to do full scale analysis since this is an emerging industry.  I would say there is enough stuff going on that one could do this and over time more and more can be done.

Now the best way to go about it is a good question.

Get paid to be social and visit HypeWizard today!  www.hypewiz.com
AR-15 80% at www.uspatriotarmory.com
my Cryptanalys.is profile
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 12:46:37 PM

Poorly, as it does in other markets.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Wintermute

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 12:57:02 PM

Poorly, as it does in other markets.

That's what I assume to. I do not believe in technical analysis, but that all available information is priced in the current value.
Endgame

Activity: 412

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 12:59:10 PM

What do you think? Does the Bitcoin market function like every other (stock) market? Can technical analysis tools be used to forecast market trends?

E.g. Elliott Waves, lines of support, resistance, channels, and more obscure formations such as flags, pennants, balance days and cup and handle patterns.

I would say that it works. But as with conventional trading, I wouldn't want to rely solely on it. Its just another feather in your cap, along with fundamentals, news, and weekend dip, among other things.
HDSolar

Activity: 386

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2012, 05:51:49 PM

I would say that it works. But as with conventional trading, I wouldn't want to rely solely on it. Its just another feather in your cap, along with fundamentals, news, and weekend dip, among other things.
+1

Get paid to be social and visit HypeWizard today!  www.hypewiz.com
AR-15 80% at www.uspatriotarmory.com
my Cryptanalys.is profile
Andrew Vorobyov

Activity: 558

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 06:05:25 PM

I do not believe in technical analysis, but that all available information is priced in the current value.

The first part contradicts with the second...
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2012, 06:08:01 PM

It works in certain situations using scientifically rigorous methods, but I doubt there is anybody in the whole bitcoin trading game utilizing something like it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: