Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 01:51:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Pump and Dump laws coming soon, or Pump em while you still can  (Read 1756 times)
JohnnyBTCSeed (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 01:51:28 PM

You cant get a better return for $100 bucks. I know this because I am part of the node network and you'll never get me to tweet about your coin or offer or service unless you went through the node network or paid me big bucks.

I have over 2200 all real crypto followers and normally if I tweet about a coin the price rises if its a positive tweet. Call it the bob affect.

Anyway.. The prices may seem a bit steep but to someone like me who's already paid bitcoinprbuzz or others similar to him thousands of $$ for marketing this is a great deal, which gives an advertiser lots more reach and targeted reach to be precise.

I'll end up using this service at some point or another for sure.

Good luck ViralDev and Adam, you guys rock.

Roll Eyes from the pump n dump king.. Run don't walk from this one
JSupreme

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 02:16:31 PM

You cant get a better return for $100 bucks. I know this because I am part of the node network and you'll never get me to tweet about your coin or offer or service unless you went through the node network or paid me big bucks.

I have over 2200 all real crypto followers and normally if I tweet about a coin the price rises if its a positive tweet. Call it the bob affect.

Anyway.. The prices may seem a bit steep but to someone like me who's already paid bitcoinprbuzz or others similar to him thousands of $$ for marketing this is a great deal, which gives an advertiser lots more reach and targeted reach to be precise.

I'll end up using this service at some point or another for sure.

Good luck ViralDev and Adam, you guys rock.

Roll Eyes from the pump n dump king.. Run don't walk from this one

that person is bum he is beg people buy his coin no pumper behave like this, this person have no friend to help him he is only by himself and he is just a poor person who has not even made 500 dollar this month, tell him to come here and show message on wallet with 200 btc he cannot do because he poor
acquafredda
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 02:18:26 PM

Talking about pump&dump

JohnnyBTCSeed (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 03:51:50 PM

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100784596

"the return of 'pump and dump' spam campaigns."

Those campaigns are designed to quickly focus investor attention on an obscure, thinly traded stock to create a sharp run-up in value. Typically, those scammers will buy the stock before sending the spam and then sell after the price pops, pocketing a quick profit.

And part of what's driving this surge in spam is scammers targeting people who are frustrated that they've missed out on the gains from the recent surging bull market. McAfee said it has spotted an increasing number of spam emails targeting would-be investors "hoping to capitalize on all time equity market highs." Also contributing to the surge: growth hormone offerings and increasing spam campaigns in emerging markets.

https://www.spamstopshere.com/blog/spam-news/penny-stock-email-alert-rnbi-pump-and-dump-spam
 a classic scheme to pump up the price of penny stocks, where shareholders of a very cheap stock try to inflate its price quickly through a massive email campaign. When the price jumps, they sell their shares at a huge profit and the stock price drops back to its normal value

How Pump and Dump Works

Here's how it works. One or more "investors" buy shares of a very cheap stock on a public exchange. Usually, the stock is worth less than a dollar (hence the term "penny stocks").

Those shareholders then mount a huge PR blitz with "news" that the stock price is about to soar. These days it is common for the campaign to be done through email, since it is easy to send it to many people. We call this type of campaign "spam" because it appears to be unsolicited bulk email.

The senders are counting on enough people to buy the stock, sending its price up, and then sell their shares at a huge profit. The price usually then plummets back to its normal trading levels, leaving others who bought it while rising holding the bag.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:55:07 PM

I have been saying the Laws are coming by *myself loudly going back years now as many of you should recall.
But.. I read your replies here so far guys and I gotta say I agree with most of you.
And you guys are talking about laws actually stopping Pump & Dump style fraud etc.
But wait !
Is that the point ?
Can we stop Murder ? Do we have laws for that ?
I think many of you missed the point..

And I agree with snail about decentralized exchanges we all know they are the future (we need) ..they should have been implemented already.
And I too agree, what is the SEC etc going to do about them ? Sounds like it would be hard for them to do much I think.

I wouldn't be against P&D antics etc but the problem is scamming deceitful douchebags took over the scene with that crap too early..
Think about it people the Stock Market around the world had time to mature etc before Penny stocks were being pushed like they were in the 90's etc.
We never let Altcoins get off the ground I think before it was swamped with dishonest scammy douches and their shenanigans.. see what I am saying ?
So it's not like I have thought I am 100% against pump & dumpers it's just a bad time and too many of them (too early)

FUD first & ask questions later™
JohnnyBTCSeed (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 07:23:17 PM

pritamm

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2019, 08:59:58 AM

is this the latest stats or youre sharing an old one??
WellKnownQuotes
CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 09:08:28 AM

If such laws are invented, it will be good for the industry. But it is so easy to circumvent them, that I have serious doubts, that they can be effective.
A lot of the pump and dump activity is hard to prove. Except for the most blatant and stupid schemes.
defyance

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 09:30:43 AM

I think within 5 years crypto will be regulated, so now we have time for manipulative schemes like pump and dump.
I am not a whale, so I just lost money on this approach

Menawi12

Activity: 700
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 09:54:21 AM

If such laws are invented, it will be good for the industry. But it is so easy to circumvent them, that I have serious doubts, that they can be effective.
A lot of the pump and dump activity is hard to prove. Except for the most blatant and stupid schemes.

I dont regulation can touch pump and dump. Its about market mechanism or supply and demand. Pump and dump is about market manipulation and its hard to prove market manipulation or price manipulation. Regulation should touch the project itself, if the project are scam, the team should put in jail

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: