Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:16:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XRDN] Project Radon - Rebrand update released - Hard fork at block 338000  (Read 33170 times)
kubuminer

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 09:13:58 PM

@OCMiner @MinerPools, your pools are not mining to the network.

Not mining to the network? To what then? The wall?

Do you mean there is a fork again or what?
It seems the hash rates of the pools jump on and off of the network.

BinPool work correct or not?
Yes it appears to be working fine

thanks, the best.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2015, 09:15:08 PM

Dude, seriously.. Think before you write.. No one is jumping off or on the network, the problem is you have set a wrong nTargetTimespan in the source..

This variable is NOT setting the blocktime i.e. 60 seconds per block, it sets the "look over the last blocks in this timespan to calculate the next diff" in the coin.. if you set this to 1 minute, it only looks at the last block and sets a diff which is much too high, the IvugeoMeoShitCoin Dev had the same problem with his coin. You have to set this to at least 5 mins, better 10 mins to get a working diff recalculation.

If you don't know what you're talking about, its sometimes better to ask instead of writing anything that just comes into your mind..

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
kampretkabur

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 09:19:27 PM

looks like a joke already., any option for scrypt mine? dont want to waste time here
hakbr

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 09:20:02 PM

Diff is jumping like a crazy rabbit...
tm2013 (OP)

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2015, 09:24:22 PM

Dude, seriously.. Think before you write.. No one is jumping off or on the network, the problem is you have set a wrong nTargetTimespan in the source..

This variable is NOT setting the blocktime i.e. 60 seconds per block, it sets the "look over the last blocks in this timespan to calculate the next diff" in the coin.. if you set this to 1 minute, it only looks at the last block and sets a diff which is much too high, the IvugeoMeoShitCoin Dev had the same problem with his coin. You have to set this to at least 5 mins, better 10 mins to get a working diff recalculation.

If you don't know what you're talking about, its sometimes better to ask instead of writing anything that just comes into your mind..
So I guess we're gonna have to hard fork to a new retarget.. Let me get working on it. In the mean time, we've just got to live with slow blocks.

Radium.Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain with the Radium SmartChain!
Website | BTCT Thread
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2015, 09:25:55 PM

So I guess we're gonna have to hard fork to a new retarget.. Let me get working on it. In the mean time, we've just got to live with slow blocks.

Sounds good.. Please test the retarget before releasing an update or it will be a mess... you have to find the right value 5/10/15 minutes etc..

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
tm2013 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2015, 09:29:50 PM

Sounds good.. Please test the retarget before releasing an update or it will be a mess... you have to find the right value 5/10/15 minutes etc..
Will do. Everything will be working by the hard fork. Most likely the soonest time that it will be out is by tomorrow afternoon.

Website | BTCT Thread
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 09:31:52 PM

OC would you mind if the dev sent you the new code to look at first before release?

We REALLY need it MUCH sooner than tomorrow afternoon, this diff is a nightmare Sad

@dev, you have a development fund. I STRONGLY urge you to use some of it and hire OCMINER to expedite the new fork. He can get this done MUCH faster, and get everyone moving forward. I want to post your coin on my site that is ranked #1-3 for searches for every coin on google, but not in the condition its in. Google ANY recent coin released in the last few months, Ill be at the top of the page. www.bitcoinlasvegas.net

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
hakbr

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 09:39:07 PM

It's almost impossible continue mining with this crazy diff... We REALLY need an update much sooner!
tm2013 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2015, 10:24:44 PM

Github updated. Ocminer, can you verify the fork?

Website | BTCT Thread
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 10:28:39 PM

After github source is verified. Please post new windows binary on OP and report here. Thank you for your dedication. In the meantime Ill begin my article on the coin. 300-500 set of eyes per day will see it.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
idol

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 10:30:38 PM

dev passed the first test  Grin

tm2013 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2015, 10:59:35 PM

Windows wallet will be up shortly. Hard fork at block 150.

Website | BTCT Thread
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 11:03:53 PM

Ok.. I think I like this dev! right on top of things. Its not the fact you made an error, its how you deal with it. Well done!

+1000  Grin

Vegas

hakbr

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 11:05:28 PM

Good job! But we will spend "a life" to reach block 150...  Cry
tm2013 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2015, 11:17:50 PM

OP updated with the new windows wallet. Please update before block 150.
https://mega.co.nz/#!0Z51BRwZ!pCSr30OiL47gfQo8nNN9u06HrD62F4sXBWyTa0ivzDg

Website | BTCT Thread
hakbr

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 11:23:25 PM

OP updated with the new windows wallet. Please update before block 150.
https://mega.co.nz/#!0Z51BRwZ!pCSr30OiL47gfQo8nNN9u06HrD62F4sXBWyTa0ivzDg

The hardfork cant be done earlier, like 80-100?? More than 50min at block 52... at this way, we will reach block 150 in a week (or more)...

We cant even put more hashes (or the situation will be worse)....
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 11:36:27 PM

I think the best solution is for us ALL agree to back off this and limit the hashspeed. Say 500Mhs MAX

Vegas

tm2013 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2015, 11:55:11 PM

I think the best solution is for us ALL agree to back off this and limit the hashspeed. Say 500Mhs MAX

Vegas
The problem is getting past block 51. The network is working at finding block 52 @ 512 difficulty, but it can't. If the chain is stuck, that's a whole different issue but for now we need to get past this block. If the times prove to be this slow, I can set the fork to happen much earlier.

Edit: We're looking at quite a long time to find the next block at this point.

Website | BTCT Thread
hakbr

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 12:03:18 AM

Vegas
The problem is getting past block 51. The network is working at finding block 52 @ 512 difficulty, but it can't. If the chain is stuck, that's a whole different issue but for now we need to get past this block. If the times prove to be this slow, I can set the fork to happen much earlier.

No, its not only the block 52... if you analise the pattern, after block 52 it will decrease the next 2 or 3 blocks to a minimum diff, than to a too high diff again, and it will take hours again...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: