Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 10:44:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XRDN] Project Radon - Rebrand update released - Hard fork at block 338000  (Read 33173 times)
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 11:42:31 PM

Have you considered reaching out for help? I'm sure there would be some community members looking for a legit project to join.
JJ12880

Activity: 671
Merit: 501

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 05:47:52 AM

Have you considered reaching out for help? I'm sure there would be some community members looking for a legit project to join.

I have considered it, but at this point i'm getting pretty close to having at least the first stage ready. Alpha with tm2013 and a few others that i've worked with before is going well.   Also, in my human weakness, im kinda protective of my code, and would like to get a working system out before someone with more time can take it and clone it for gosh knows what coin.  

JJ

EDIT: However, once the base it out and stable, Ill be very interested in community feedback about improvements and other features. I want to make something that people will use.

JJ

Radium  Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain!
BTC Thread | Telegram
danonthehill

Activity: 710
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 05:10:19 PM

I have considered it, but at this point i'm getting pretty close to having at least the first stage ready. Alpha with tm2013 and a few others that i've worked with before is going well.   Also, in my human weakness, im kinda protective of my code, and would like to get a working system out before someone with more time can take it and clone it for gosh knows what coin.  

JJ

Yes! And it would be great to have the technology and its benefits fully documented before release i.e. whitepaper/publicity materials.  No point in releasing it, if most of us don't know what it is.  Cheesy 
JJ12880

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 05:31:00 PM

JJ

Yes! And it would be great to have the technology and its benefits fully documented before release i.e. whitepaper/publicity materials.  No point in releasing it, if most of us don't know what it is.  Cheesy 

Agreed. How in depth do most people want a white paper? Features, usage, and explanation should be sufficient, correct?  I wouldn't need to go into the encoding and protocol level would I?  That would take forever. Im trying to decide if I should start a new thread? im thinking yes?

JJ

BTC Thread | Telegram
danonthehill

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 06:26:09 PM

I thought tm2013 would be doing whitepaper, but if it has been left to you and it's going to take too much time out of your development then I guess it's not absolutely necessary.  But basic technical description would probably be necessary to explain how it is different from existing coins, and then it's advantages, unique aspects, potential future applications etc.

From what I have seen in Slack, the project seems ambitious and so would benefit from a more structured roadmap with clear vision and specific goals.  OFC this doesn't mean you would have to give dates or deadlines, but it might revive the market once people see active development and understand it more.

Perhaps a new thread just before release?
tm2013 (OP)

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 06:31:23 PM

Hello everyone. A main info website is now live.
http://projectradon.info
The block explorer is currently down, but that will be on the website when it is back up. More in-depth areas of the website will be added soon.
As JJ has mentioned, development is still going strong, despite the silence over the past few months. There are many revolutionary features in the works.

I thought tm2013 would be doing whitepaper, but if it has been left to you and it's going to take too much time out of your development then I guess it's not absolutely necessary.  But basic technical description would probably be necessary to explain how it is different from existing coins, and then it's advantages, unique aspects, potential future applications etc.

From what I have seen in Slack, the project seems ambitious and so would benefit from a more structured roadmap with clear vision and specific goals.  OFC this doesn't mean you would have to give dates or deadlines, but it might revive the market once people see active development and understand it more.

Perhaps a new thread just before release?

Now that an info website is complete, JJ and I will be collaborating to release a whitepaper and roadmap quite soon.

-TM2013

Radium.Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain with the Radium SmartChain!
Website | BTCT Thread
danonthehill

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 06:40:56 PM

Excellent! Website looks good.
tm2013 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2015, 02:40:19 PM

Would everyone like a new ANN thread once we are about to launch our first public beta testing phase of the Radon protocol?

We are also in need of funding for a few servers and expenses. Feel free to donate at 1NrxdPjTRztZBaKLwxggWtZqUbYXris8Pd. Currently these costs come out of our own pocket, and neither JJ or I are able to contribute as much as we would like to.

Best regards,
-TM2013

Website | BTCT Thread
tm2013 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2015, 07:47:06 PM

i think a new ann thread is nice for this yes.
is this your radon adress?
will send you some. Dont own much of those sweet rare coins, but i can understand your situation.

That is not the xRadon donation address. That is the bitcoin donation address. We need about 1 BTC to cover costs right now. Any donation spending will be made public, as well as the funds will be held in a 2 of 3 key multisig address between JJ and I.

Best regards,
-TM2013

Website | BTCT Thread
tm2013 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2015, 09:55:54 PM

Steps Stay Safe, you are now able to Store and Stake xRadon (XRDN) online.
https://altcoinsteps.com/staySafe
Thank you, we appreciate you supporting our coin on your platform. Smiley

Website | BTCT Thread
@boutiuqe

Activity: 638
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 09:21:50 AM

web site like 15 years old kids did it.
Take like 30 minutes to edit text and images.
Poor little guys say look good Smiley)
tm2013 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 05:00:22 PM

web site like 15 years old kids did it.
Take like 30 minutes to edit text and images.
Poor little guys say look good Smiley)
There was not much effort that went into the website, simply because we needed to have something in place for the moment. It will be redesigned at the launch of the beta in January. That being said, it will be of much higher quality.

Best regards,
-TM2013

Website | BTCT Thread
goblynn

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 10:37:40 PM

so for transparency..what will the 1 btc be going towards?

Website | BTCT Thread | Slack
tm2013 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 10:44:56 PM

so for transparency..what will the 1 btc be going towards?
The one BTC will be going towards some servers and assistance at launch. Any costs incurred will be publicly disclosed.
The multisignature donation address held between JJ and I is 39x6vgvaaHAGZWWYFEhXfNtASr2xKdwmh2

Best regards,
-TM2013

Website | BTCT Thread
tm2013 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 11:14:02 PM

is it possible to send some rdn for your work too?
what will happen if you dont get the 1 btc funding (it looks like this).

i mean once the plattform and all is out im sure radon holders would send you some more btc/radon if you really developed something unique and nice.

Yes, we will be setting up a multisignature xRadon donation address shortly. If we don't achieve the funding we are looking for, the launch will still go as planned, but it may be slightly delayed until JJ or I can come up with enough money for the resources we need.
Once we have the protocol in place, as well as the platform, we should have no need for donations.

Best regards,
-TM2013

Website | BTCT Thread
Tiny_Prism

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 01:56:15 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2015, 02:20:37 PM by Tiny_Prism

Does this coin have anything to do with the one trying to launch at the beginning of 2014?
If so, where's the web-wallet they had?
tm2013 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 05:19:55 PM

Does this coin have anything to do with the one trying to launch at the beginning of 2014?
If so, where's the web-wallet they had?
This coin was originally a take over of that project, but their old software model (the web-wallet) proved to be inefficient and flawed. There is now no connection between the two projects. The new Radon protocol is written from scratch.

Best regards,
-TM2013

Website | BTCT Thread
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 04:49:16 AM

Bumping the thread I'm not a developer but just to mention that according to slack progress is being made, and is on track for some things to show possibly early January. search this thread for the slack invite to see historically whats been/being worked on the more the merrier.

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
JJ12880

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 06:42:43 AM

Hi everyone!  Just a super quick update from me to let you all know i'm not dead in a ditch somewhere.  I am usually in slack, so the most current info is found there. I recently had my boot drive on my workstation fail, so I was down for a few days over Christmas.  I also have been doing family things over the holidays, so I haven't been putting too much work into developing. I HATE giving time frames for anything, but my project has been making progress, and getting much closer to the point where I feel comfortable releasing at least a first stage, or Beta.  Ill be perfectly honest, I family in town from far away through the new years, and they come first before any crypto projects. Ill still be working on xRADON related things in my free time, but it will be limited till at least the new year.  I go back to school on the 11th, but I would REALLY like to get at least something released by then, but PLEASE don't get too worried out if that does not happen, what I would LIKE to do and what actually happens seems to never actually match up.

JJ

BTC Thread | Telegram
tm2013 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 08:10:55 PM

Hello everyone. I would like to announce that we will be re-branding xRadon into Radium for our Beta launch. This will mean that things will be more streamlined, we will have lower block rewards, and we will have larger maximum block sizes. A decrease in block reward will be compensated for by Radium decay into the Radon asset. Feedback is appreciated, and any suggestions will be taken into consideration.

Best regards,
-TM2013

Website | BTCT Thread
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: