Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:22:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to convert a C1 water cooled to a fan cooled  (Read 877 times)
gallery2000 (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 01:16:44 AM

Hi,

Any suggestions on how to convert a C1 water /oil cooled to a fan cooled?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 01:32:47 AM

Hi,

<5C ambient + block filled with water, or buy (make?) new heatsinks, otherwise you'll likely struggle. Those blocks just have such small surface area to dissipate with.

gallery2000 (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 01:59:54 AM

Hi,

<5C ambient + block filled with water, or buy (make?) new heatsinks, otherwise you'll likely struggle. Those blocks just have such small surface area to dissipate with.

Where can I find <5C ambient?  I heard due to global warming Antarctica is getting warmer than 5C.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 02:02:27 AM

Hi,

Where can I find <5C ambient?  I heard due to global warming Antarctica is getting warmer than 5C.

The chances of being able to do it is slim.   The heatsinks are very small compared their S3 brothers.  Also it's got twice the power as it's S3 brother.

To get a new heatsink for each blade (4 total) chances are you will spend more then that miner will return.  I suggest keeping it as water cooled as it would be a uphill battle.
RadekG

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 08:16:41 AM

Yes, you can do it without opening C1.

Set your voltage lower - depends on your C1 what is stable point, for my C1 it is 0700V and lower frequency to 200MHz. This setup will work at 20C environment. If you have warmer ambient, you can use lower voltage and also lower frequency.

This setup will also makes your C1 better efficiency, you can reach S5 values!
RadekG

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 08:20:13 AM

Hi,

The chances of being able to do it is slim.   The heatsinks are very small compared their S3 brothers.  Also it's got twice the power as it's S3 brother.

To get a new heatsink for each blade (4 total) chances are you will spend more then that miner will return.  I suggest keeping it as water cooled as it would be a uphill battle.

Used S1 are about 20USD in my country, using its heatsink will make two S3 from one C1.
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 11:15:33 AM

Hi,

It is possible, and the result looks like this
http://www.perearstike.ee/C1/IMG_0029.JPG
charles2k

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 12:14:12 PM

Yes, you can do it without opening C1.

Set your voltage lower - depends on your C1 what is stable point, for my C1 it is 0700V and lower frequency to 200MHz. This setup will work at 20C environment. If you have warmer ambient, you can use lower voltage and also lower frequency.

This setup will also makes your C1 better efficiency, you can reach S5 values!

Exactly. 0700V is very stable, but in 20C environment I recommend to go a little lower than 200MHz.
C1 without watercooling works also with 0675V, but sometimes with x
gallery2000 (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 02:24:38 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2015, 07:46:56 PM by gallery2000

Hi,

It is possible, and the result looks like this
http://www.perearstike.ee/C1/IMG_0029.JPG

Great.  Do you have youtube instructions?

justifiedmaster

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 01:59:23 AM

Does anyone know of where I can get some information on water-cooling an S9 miner. I heard that the heat-sinks are glued in-place, but there should be some kind of solvent or something to remove them. Why would they make them unrepairable. I also would like to know if anyone has dimensions on one of the insides of these things. It being my only miner I would prefer to get everything ready before I disconnect but I figure if I converted it to water cooled and ran a few small(1/4") pumps parallel connecting into a larger 3/4" to 1" tubing and than to an automotive radiator outside and run a large efficient fan which I would convert the original fan pins on the s9 to a variable speed control.

Long story short, Keep my S9 cool with outside radiator system or possibly attic exhaust. That would actually raise my power efficiency in the home overall by ventilating the attic and cooling it. ((((I'm in Florida Its Hot))))

I need to find
  1. What Size water blocks for S9 and how many chips requiring heat sinks
  2. How to remove S9 and other S-series heat-sinks without damaging (solvent maybe???)
  3. What is the screw pattern or maybe just bond it with glue/thermal grease mix the way they did it
  4. As long as the connections for the stock fans are converted to control higher wattage variably the S9 should not require and software modification at all as S9 will still detect connected fans.
  5. Locate a high velocity lower watt/amp fan. Auto Fans may not be the most power efficient as vehicles normally have an abundance of spare generated power. A lower watt fan would raise efficiency and most likely be plenty of air movement to dissipate the amount of heat needed to cool one miner. Most likely 2 could be used as there would be a much slower movement of water over a much larger area. Even an occasional gust of wind would probably be enough to dissipate heat out of a radiator that is most likely 1 1/2' by 2 1/2'  or 3.75 square feet. That's about the equivalent of 24 120mm radiators.
  6. If I bought more and had them water cooled I could stack each chip on-top of the next and fit multiple miners in one slightly wider but shorter sleek outer casing.
  7. If you want one or want one done up than let me know. I posses all of the tools skills and craftsmanship to make these. most people don't. I am looking for answers to these questions but once these are answered its as good as done. There will be a Justified edition S9 Miner
Evan

Activity: 507

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:36:51 AM

Does anyone know of where I can get some information on water-cooling an S9 miner. I heard that the heat-sinks are glued in-place, but there should be some kind of solvent or something to remove them. Why would they make them unrepairable. I also would like to know if anyone has dimensions on one of the insides of these things. It being my only miner I would prefer to get everything ready before I disconnect but I figure if I converted it to water cooled and ran a few small(1/4") pumps parallel connecting into a larger 3/4" to 1" tubing and than to an automotive radiator outside and run a large efficient fan which I would convert the original fan pins on the s9 to a variable speed control.

Long story short, Keep my S9 cool with outside radiator system or possibly attic exhaust. That would actually raise my power efficiency in the home overall by ventilating the attic and cooling it. ((((I'm in Florida Its Hot))))

I need to find
  2. How to remove S9 and other S-series heat-sinks without damaging (solvent maybe???)
  3. What is the screw pattern or maybe just bond it with glue/thermal grease mix the way they did it
  4. As long as the connections for the stock fans are converted to control higher wattage variably the S9 should not require and software modification at all as S9 will still detect connected fans.
  5. Locate a high velocity lower watt/amp fan. Auto Fans may not be the most power efficient as vehicles normally have an abundance of spare generated power. A lower watt fan would raise efficiency and most likely be plenty of air movement to dissipate the amount of heat needed to cool one miner. Most likely 2 could be used as there would be a much slower movement of water over a much larger area. Even an occasional gust of wind would probably be enough to dissipate heat out of a radiator that is most likely 1 1/2' by 2 1/2'  or 3.75 square feet. That's about the equivalent of 24 120mm radiators.
  6. If I bought more and had them water cooled I could stack each chip on-top of the next and fit multiple miners in one slightly wider but shorter sleek outer casing.
  7. If you want one or want one done up than let me know. I posses all of the tools skills and craftsmanship to make these. most people don't. I am looking for answers to these questions but once these are answered its as good as done. There will be a Justified edition S9 Miner

I had 20 custom water blocks that I had CNC'd from a local shop for sale a while ago.. TBH Not worth it. Next miner I get we are going Oil Immersion. The cost for me of the CNC work made the WC set up not worth it, and the Radiators needed to cool my set up at that time were just too much.

I am poor, but i do work for Coin Smiley
1PtHcavXoakgNkQfEQdvnvEksEY2NvwaLM
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:16:58 AM

I need to find
  5. Locate a high velocity lower watt/amp fan. Auto Fans may not be the most power efficient as vehicles normally have an abundance of spare generated power. A lower watt fan would raise efficiency and most likely be plenty of air movement to dissipate the amount of heat needed to cool one miner. Most likely 2 could be used as there would be a much slower movement of water over a much larger area. Even an occasional gust of wind would probably be enough to dissipate heat out of a radiator that is most likely 1 1/2' by 2 1/2'  or 3.75 square feet. That's about the equivalent of 24 120mm radiators.
I used to mine in South Carolina in ~100 degree temps with an S7 and as long as the fan was set to automatic, the miner had moving air ventilation, and it was ear piercingly loud, the miner would run a little hot but not too much. If you really want to do this oil would be the way to go- much more simple.

If you're talking about fans you can plop onto the system, the Antminer fans are pretty decent for what they've got, considering they're Delta industrial models most of the time or something like that. It'll be a little hard to top that, and prices could be well over $30 for just one. You'll also get pretty bad sound from high rpm 120mm fans.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: