Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:24:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How & Where do I start in mining ........  (Read 8478 times)
innerchaos

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 01:41:01 PM

having a mine is like a dream for me. my interest in mining is like messi playing a freestyle trick. i love mining and would like to have a guide on this. and also i would lile to get details about joining a pool and earn btc with other people.

I say Learn and have fun.

I look at the miner as another appliance.

Everybody's house is full of large and small appliances that will never realize any ROI. and yet we don't give it a second thought.. We Need them.
In the modern city we go to the coffee shop and pay 5 dollars or more for a cup of coffee. I guess we need them.
We install Pools in the ground and then pay to have them cleaned or heated. I think maybe we need them.
We drive our cars less than 1/4 mile to the local store to buy a loaf of bread or a container of milk.  I am sure we need the car for this.

My point being there are worse things to waste your money on then hashing power.
Hashing power pays for itself over time... and even if it does not and you lose money it really is cheap entertainment. (your probably on this forum 1/2 hour or more per day. if it was not entertaining you would not be here.)
try going to Disney world for what you pay for a miner and a full years worth of electricity.  I doubt you would get the same ROI from them.

Good luck and enjoy your mining experience !
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
(0_0)

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 02:38:26 PM

You should buy an investment package from cloudthink.io, it is the best option for earning daily bitcoins with interest
Tongkar

Activity: 512
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 04:46:41 AM

Best advice is to start of slow. Maybe buy a used miner and make sure your electricity in your area is reasonable. Then just treat it like a hobby and have fun.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 11:54:24 AM

Best advice is to start of slow. Maybe buy a used miner and make sure your electricity in your area is reasonable. Then just treat it like a hobby and have fun.

a hobby is probably the best way to go about mining, too much to worry about if you do it for profit; constantly selling and buying miners, the randomness of finding a block, etc.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
MrMissile

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 04:00:40 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2015, 07:10:58 PM by MrMissile

I don't understand the thought of saying it's not worth it to mine now, since the bitcoin price is low.  I'm looking at this as a small investment, like buying small shares of a stock.  Before the "big boom" of bitcoin, it had averaged approx $110 per coin for awhile and then was highly inflated to approx $1120 per coin.  Now it's been sitting around $220 and I expect the price to drop more before somewhat inflating again.

The way I see it, if bitcoin stays current or deflates a little, then it puts pressure on the mining farms to suspend operations till the price is profitable again...meaning they only farm when they can immidiately flip their rewards for a good (inflated) price.  With my hope and assumption that bitcoin will inflate again (like any volatile stock would, the short past history of bitcoin has demonstrated, and because the dollar value decreasing somewhat because of US debt), then why would you not mine for bitcoin if you can afford it at a temp loss for suspected future gain?  

If I mine now while the price is low, and supposedly so is competition (because we know if bitcoin was $1,000 per coin then EVERYONE would be running full power), and hold till the price inflates somewhat better than what it cost me to mine, then I've made more money by continue to mine now because I have presumedly more bitcoin shares.

Sorry this is so long or if it is in the wrong forum, but saying not to mine now because it is not immediately profitable (whether as a hobby to break even or as an investment), seems to me like saying not to buy Walmart stock because it's at $30 a share when it normally is at $100 a share.  I know it's a lot of assumtions to think bitcoin will rise again and many variables can affect price, but to me if you only mine whenever it is ONLY immediately profitable...then you're shorting yourself on the investment that we all hope and think that bitcoin will rise again.  If you don't think bitcoin will pay off to mine or buy when at a low price, then you probably shouldn't be doing so anyways regardless of price.  The point of investing is to buy low and sell high, buying high and hoping for higher is where investments go bad.
cflocation

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

it's a hardware thing!

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 05:50:25 PM

I agree to start slow and do it as a hobby.

I think it is a great time to mine since the difficulty is not always getting harder like it was before. I have now been mining BTC for over a year and the difficulty has not been increasing constantly. Worst case BTC jumps up in price and all the miners come back online and my miners I am now buying for 85.00 ea are worth much more.

But do the math before you do anything since that's what it all comes down too unless it is a pure hobby for you.

Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 01:38:33 PM

I think it is a great time to mine since the difficulty is not always getting harder like it was before.

uhh, are you aware about new 16 Nano KNC chip? http://www.kncminer.com/blog/newsarchive
kampretkabur

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 10:46:05 AM

damn reading all those comments, i missed that golden times
tennozer

Activity: 322

Bonus Claim Url: http://betonline.wager.bz

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 10:14:07 AM

So the question is here.

In these conditions, nowadays, how and where do I start in mining?

worldinacoin

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 10:15:50 AM

This is great info, I am copying it out for my bitcoin illiterate friends.
novadragon

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 03:01:11 PM

was indeed must require substantial capital  Smiley
bitcoinboy12

Activity: 518
Merit: 254

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 05:42:33 PM

Sir how can i start mining with my pc specs core 2 duo, 4gb, inter grapics 1gb and which software to be use on it???

tennozer

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2015, 09:36:00 PM

Sir how can i start mining with my pc specs core 2 duo, 4gb, inter grapics 1gb and which software to be use on it???

It is an old pc and you can get ver low satoshis but if you want and try to learn about mining, you can mine some altcoins.
https://minergate.com/

look at that site and you can mine some little amounts by using your cpu and gpu. But I say one more time, you will not get profit with your old pc.

mallard

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 02:26:09 PM

>$942.63 Current market price of bitcoin

I think that shows how old this image is.
lexuz

Activity: 714

Me, myself and I

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 03:29:05 AM

Personal miner is not profitable anymore, so i don't recommend people mine bitcoin at home.
It all depends, if he has low electric then good or if he is in a cold climate and uses heaters. You can get an S5 used and be profitable if you have the right use or cost.

Even with that, actually the Bitcoin price is too low for invest on its mining. Altcoin mining should be more profitable I guess, and even so, you'll need some kind of green energy. I believe is better to accept Bitcoins out there in your business to increase its use, your sales, and maybe the price.
are you sure mines are still profitable? I think it's too late to know bitcoin and when I tried to find some information about the current bitcoin mining is not profitable because the cost of electricity is too expensive and low current bitcoin
tennozer

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2015, 10:27:50 AM

Personal miner is not profitable anymore, so i don't recommend people mine bitcoin at home.
It all depends, if he has low electric then good or if he is in a cold climate and uses heaters. You can get an S5 used and be profitable if you have the right use or cost.

Even with that, actually the Bitcoin price is too low for invest on its mining. Altcoin mining should be more profitable I guess, and even so, you'll need some kind of green energy. I believe is better to accept Bitcoins out there in your business to increase its use, your sales, and maybe the price.
are you sure mines are still profitable? I think it's too late to know bitcoin and when I tried to find some information about the current bitcoin mining is not profitable because the cost of electricity is too expensive and low current bitcoin

The cost of electricity is depending on where you are living. Furthermore, which miner do you use for mining? The technology is always improving day by day and new miner are producing for low energy consumptions.

hoian0809
Legendary

Activity: 1020

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 10:35:54 AM

To mine scrypt coins, you will need specialized hardware called ASICs. If you have a gaming PC with a good GPU, you can mine x11 coins like darkcoin. If you have a laptop, it's not really worth it to mine.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 11:15:29 AM

To mine scrypt coins, you will need specialized hardware called ASICs. If you have a gaming PC with a good GPU, you can mine x11 coins like darkcoin. If you have a laptop, it's not really worth it to mine.

Really only asic mining is profitable.  GPU and CPU normally are not profitable.  Yes there is X11 and others, but add up electricity of GPU's running most likely you run at a loss.  And you will not pay off the GPU.

I do not suggest CPU/GPU mining.
butdabass

Activity: 152

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 11:22:02 AM

really good picture and mining tutorial..  Wink
tennozer

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2015, 12:52:47 PM

Really only asic mining is profitable.  GPU and CPU normally are not profitable.  Yes there is X11 and others, but add up electricity of GPU's running most likely you run at a loss.  And you will not pay off the GPU.

I do not suggest CPU/GPU mining.

Yeah that's right. At the past CPU/GPU mining can be profitable but now if you want to profit with CPU/GPU, you have to get your electricity for free.
Don't think mining or you want to think only by using asics miners.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: