Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:35:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My signature was copied by tidus1097  (Read 1325 times)
tidus1097

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 07:32:35 PM

I've never accepted any plagiarism. We discussed this quite a few times. Also, I spent money from my own pocket to hold a signature design contest. There is no point for me to accept plagiarism.

True, there is no point, but the fact is you did. It is only fair that you allow others to be "inspired" by your signature design and not post a scam accusation against the guy.

Let others judge whether tidus1097 was just inspired by my signature or it is indeed a copy. Both of us and tidus1097 may be biased.

So let's say tidus1097 does change his signature (he claims this one was just a work in progress), will you give him the coins he earned in your signature campaign?

What's your opinion? We've not yet made the decision. But I think he should not participate at the very beginning.
I don't think he should be kicked in the first place. To say that he has access/control of an account that was hacked is a bit of a stretch.

You obviously received benefit from him wearing your signature -you got advertising. I don't see any reason why you would think it is okay to not pay him.

The reason that I let him in at the beginning is because I did not know he has another account. Later, I found out that and then immediately told him to stop. It is OK for me to pay. But that seems a bit encouraging this kind of cheating, right?

What I honestly do not understand is why did you not want to talk to me about this? I honestly can't for the life of me figure out why someone would rather go straight to scam accusations instead of trying to communicate with them? You really stumped me by this. Its like your holding something against me that I know nothing about or why for that matter.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wangxinxi (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

Founder & CEO of Coinut.com, Litecoin Core Dev

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 07:37:19 PM

Good to see that you changed your signature. Now I am going to close this thread. It may not be good to directly post here. But you also should not wait until others to blame or even accuse you. You should avoid that at the beginning like your participation in the signature campaign. However, you will still get paid for your posts for the efforts you spent.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 07:38:38 PM

So let's say tidus1097 does change his signature (he claims this one was just a work in progress), will you give him the coins he earned in your signature campaign?

What's your opinion? We've not yet made the decision. But I think he should not participate at the very beginning.

I think you should pay him the coins you owe him, and it is up to you to decide if you continue to allow him in your program.

I think it's ok to not pay someone if they have an alt with negative trust, but you need to make that clear in your terms.  Since you didn't have those terms when you signed Tidus up, you need to honor your agreement and pay him for the advertising he has given your company so far - you can't just unilaterally make up a new rule and apply it to past agreements.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 07:41:57 PM

tidus1097 I would avoid using the light blue color in your signature since it is too subdued...  Wink

I think you should pay him the coins you owe him, and it is up to you to decide if you continue to allow him in your program.

I think it's ok to not pay someone if they have an alt with negative trust, but you need to make that clear in your terms.  Since you didn't have those terms when you signed Tidus up, you need to honor your agreement and pay him for the advertising he has given your company so far - you can't just unilaterally make up a new rule and apply it to past agreements.

+1. OP should honor his commitments & paying tidus1097 what is due to him for the post he wrote.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1404

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 07:43:49 PM

Rules:
Only constructive posts will be counted. – no spam, single word posts, single image posts, bumps, +1s will be counted.
Your enrollment will be cancelled if you remove signature at any time during the period, gain a negative trust, get banned, or break forum rules.
We prefer English posts.
Posts in Economy section, especially Economics, Speculation and Marketplace encouraged.
Participants should have no negative rating.

This is at your signature campaign thread and this is the only rules listed there. It is not wise to altered your own rules as you wish. Basically you as a CEO of coinut should hold up your words and act based on your set rules.
He is not cheating because even if he has 100 accounts or so he should be able to participate at your campaign because there is no rules that state that someone should have no other account

Also that it is stated that participants should have no negative ratings but his account has no negative ratings there Smiley
Participants in this case would be the account that is participating at your campaign

P.S : you owe him, perhaps you should pay him up rather than ruining your reputation

The reason that I let him in at the beginning is because I did not know he has another account. Later, I found out that and then immediately told him to stop. It is OK for me to pay. But that seems a bit encouraging this kind of cheating, right?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
wangxinxi (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

Founder & CEO of Coinut.com, Litecoin Core Dev

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 07:47:00 PM

Rules:
Only constructive posts will be counted. – no spam, single word posts, single image posts, bumps, +1s will be counted.
Your enrollment will be cancelled if you remove signature at any time during the period, gain a negative trust, get banned, or break forum rules.
We prefer English posts.
Posts in Economy section, especially Economics, Speculation and Marketplace encouraged.

This is at your signature campaign thread and this is the only rules listed there. It is not wise to altered your own rules as you wish. Basically you as a CEO of coinut should hold up your words and act based on your set rules.
He is not cheating because even if he has 100 accounts or so he should be able to participate at your campaign because there is no rules that state that someone should have no other account

Also taht it is stated that participants should have no negative ratings but his account has no negative ratings there Smiley

P.S : you owe him, perhaps you should pay him up rather than ruining your reputation

It depends on your interpretation of "Participants should have no negative rating". Anyway, I've decided to pay him and made this clear in my campaign thread.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2301

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 07:49:18 PM

I think the rule actually states gain a negative rating not have a negative rating.
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1404

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 07:54:35 PM

Rules:
We prefer English posts.

Also taht it is stated that participants should have no negative ratings but his account has no negative ratings there Smiley

It depends on your interpretation of "Participants should have no negative rating". Anyway, I've decided to pay him and made this clear in my campaign thread.

Thankyou for honoring your own words  Smiley. The BTC that you owe him actually isnt worth to risk your reputation here. Anyway his account was possibly hacked and it is standard here to mark a hacked account so it cant be used for fraudulent things.

I see no reason in not allowing people to join your campaign because of that though but You made your terms clearer now

Participants should have no account with negative rating.

Anyway since this is solved, then perhaps you can lock this  Smiley

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES