Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:52:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi Nakamoto  (Read 2581 times)
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 08:13:06 PM

I'd say:

Did you destroy your private keys? If not, are you planning on spending your coins?
I'd really like to know, although I think it is really clear that he isn't going to spend them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 08:20:47 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2019, 09:09:09 PM by MicroGuy

Waht would you say to satoshi nakamoto ??

For me i'd say thank you for your currency i'm happy to working and playing with it

I would say, "is it comfortable living in that crawlspace inside Gavin's home?"
thebenjamincode

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

37iGtdUJc2xXTDkw5TQZJQX1Wb98gSLYVP

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 01:41:56 AM

me too, i am glad that this currency called bitcoin is invented, i hope many currencies would be made like this one
Agestorzrxx

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 04:44:52 AM

For me i'd say thank you for your currency i'm happy to working and playing with it
He create a great thing which make people finally control their own worth.
That is great.
louise123

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:35:43 AM

Well, I would definitely like to know where he keeps his wallet and what the password for the encryption is.  Grin

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
             ▄███▌ █
            ▀▀▀██▄  █
          ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
         █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
        ▄██ ███▄    █
       ▐███▀   ▀█   █
       ████     █   █
      ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
      ▀▄▄███▌      █
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
              █  ▄▀
              ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
 ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
  ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄ ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
   ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
  ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
    ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
    ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████ ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
    █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
    ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                               ▄█████
                                                                           ▄███████▀
                                                                           ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
 LIGHTPAPER
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 12:18:04 PM

Well, I would definitely like to know where he keeps his wallet and what the password for the encryption is.  Grin

How many coins in total does Satoshi have?
Some say he holds more than 10% of total Bitcoins (not in circulation, but in number).
Did he ever dump?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 12:26:23 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2015, 06:16:24 PM by Amph

Well, I would definitely like to know where he keeps his wallet and what the password for the encryption is.  Grin

Some say he holds more than 10% of total Bitcoins (not in circulation, but in number).
Did he ever dump?

they said he hold 1-2M at best, he has the greatest amount of coin, after him there was finney

no one know if he ever dump, but i suspect that maybe during the 1200 peak he dumped some, just for test how strong was the adoption
nikona

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 06:10:12 PM

Did he ever dump?

they said he hold 1-2M at best, he has the greatest amount of coin, after him there was finney

no know if he ever dump, but i suspect that maybe during the 1200 peak he dumped some, just for test how strong was the adoption
Actually no one knows except for he himself, However there is an estimate that he currently has around a  Million of the coins which haven't moved since the start. But no one knows his other addresses on which he might easily have a much higher amount in holding.
jyakulis

Activity: 468

J

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:43:58 PM

Waht woul you say to satoshi nakamoto ??

if i find satoshi i will bring a gun with myself and hold him at gunpoint for his privatekeys Cheesy
but after thanking him for creating bitcoin though...

Wow, people like you make me want to apply for my concealed carry permit. I'm naïve in the sense that thoughts like this don't generally even enter my psyche. But I have to remind myself that there are plenty of people where it does.  Huh

bitcoin address: 35CezzikPXjx4QmTgpeU3ByQ42s8mVcbaF
Lorenzo

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 06:21:30 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2015, 06:32:26 PM by Lorenzo

me too, i am glad that this currency called bitcoin is invented, i hope many currencies would be made like this one

Many have already been made. They're called altcoins. Wink

Did he ever dump?

no know if he ever dump, but i suspect that maybe during the 1200 peak he dumped some, just for test how strong was the adoption
Actually no one knows except for he himself, However there is an estimate that he currently has around a  Million of the coins which haven't moved since the start.

From January 2009 to December 2009, the total network hashrate remained fairly constant at around 0.005 GH/s:

http://blockchain.info/charts/hash-rate?timespan=all

The difficulty also stayed at the minimum value of 1 throughout most of the year. Because there were very few others mining back then, it's usually assumed that most of this was due to Satoshi mining:

http://blockchain.info/charts/difficulty?timespan=all

Also, most of the earliest miners consolidated their coins into a few large addresses. Satoshi, on the other hand, left his addresses containing newly generated 50 BTC inputs untouched in their original addresses (excluding a very early one-off transaction made to Hal Finney).

Finally, Satoshi's addresses also exhibit unique patterns and characteristics which distinguish them from other addresses:

Disclaimer: I can’t assure with 100% certainty that the all the black dots are owned by Satoshi, but almost all are owned by a single entity, and that entity began mining right from block 1, and with the same performance as the genesis block. It can be identified by constant slope segments that occasionally restart. Also this entity is the only entity that has shown complete trust in Bitcoin, since it hasn’t spend any coins (as last as the eye can see). I estimate at eyesight that Satoshi fortune is around 1M Bitcoins, or 100M USD at current exchange rate. I’m sure there will be plenty of people that will carefully analyze the source data set and come up with the exact figure, which will be very close, but nevertheless they will scream at me again.

Link: http://bitslog.wordpress.com/2013/04/17/the-well-deserved-fortune-of-satoshi-nakamoto/

So the next thing I did is try to find the reason for such an awkward probability distribution in the LSB of the nonce. So I divided the graph into two: one for “Satoshi” coinbases and one for the remaining coinbases. To identify Satoshi coinbases I used a coarser method than the original: I just separated spent coinbases and unspent coinbases, which identifies Satoshi coins with good accuracy.

Link: http://bitslog.wordpress.com/2013/09/03/new-mystery-about-satoshi/

But no one knows his other addresses on which he might easily have a much higher amount in holding.

It is possible that Satoshi could have continued mining well past 2009/2010 while remaining undetected by changing his habits to match those of other miners. Even so, the number of miners exploded in 2010 and 2011 (e.g. hashrate on July 2010 was 40 times higher than 2009 and hashrate on July 2011 was 2.5 million times higher - although part of this increase was due to the transition towards GPU mining). Assuming that Satoshi continued mining with the same setup he started off with, his hashrate would have represented a much smaller proportion of the total network hashrate in 2010 and even more so in 2011 so he would have mined a fairly low number of coins (in relative terms) vs. 2009 when he basically had an entire year completely to himself.

I made an earlier thread about this subject here. Anyway, I doubt we'll ever know either way.
harrymmmm

Activity: 576
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 08:35:52 PM

I'd definitely ask him why did he choose the proof of work method in the long run. As the difficulty increases, the amount of hashing power and computing power also increases, same as the power needed to provide this computers the energy that they need to solve complex mathematical equations. As the demand for power increases, the amount of heat generated also increases, and this heat is basically useless to mankind, only adding a few degrees on our planet's average temperature. There are lot of methods out there for generating bitcoins such as proof of stake and whatnot, but why the power-hungry proof of work method? Proof of stake could be worrying because if a single entity holds a great percentage of the total available supply, he could easily control the movements on the market. That is one reason I know of. But what is the deeper reason why proof of work method is chosen over the other methods?

Hal Finney invented Proof of Work for an anti spam measure in an email application. When Satoshi invented Bitcoin it was the only proof of anything concept available. Proof of Stake was invented years after Bitcoin was. Perhaps Satoshi might have chosen a different type of proof concept if more had been available when he was devising Bitcoin.

The proof of work you are referring to was called hashcash by Adam Back, not satoshi,
Benjig

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 08:47:39 PM

I would say Thank you for paying my vacation this year. You deserve a bear and I would ask him:

Mr Satoshi Nakamoto, did you ever think Bitcoin would become this huge? Even with a low price, we can't deny it, this is huge..
Unbelive

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 10:03:40 PM

Well, I would definitely like to know where he keeps his wallet and what the password for the encryption is.  Grin

Did he ever dump?

no one know if he ever dump, but i suspect that maybe during the 1200 peak he dumped some, just for test how strong was the adoption

Why he would do that at that time. Why not one year before or one year latter or why not tomorrow?  You think he would just know because he invented it that there will be a peak at end of 2013 and sold some at that time. You want to say you believe he is a actually a time traveler and he knew the future?

Nancarrow

Activity: 492

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 11:21:52 PM

What would I say to him?

Well, if one of the IMO less plausible theories of his identity is true, I'd say,

"Should have worn a seatbelt!"

(too soon?)

If I've said anything amusing and/or informative and you're feeling generous:
1GNJq39NYtf7cn2QFZZuP5vmC1mTs63rEW
Retard
Prime Minister
VIP

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 11:57:26 PM

What would I say to him?

Well, if one of the IMO less plausible theories of his identity is true, I'd say,

"Should have worn a seatbelt!"

(too soon?)

I'm not Nash! Tongue
Onetallnerd

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 12:18:53 AM

I thought your bitcointalk account was disabled. Tongue
Clint

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 11:06:43 PM

If Satoshi was a person, I'd ask him what he did with his coins now, and how did he make bitcoins in the first place? I'd probably ask him to be my mentor and ask him how to make more btc.  Cheesy

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 11:19:33 PM

Can you believe Hal Finney is dead? What about that whole freezing his body stuff, pretty crazy eh?

Do you know who sent that message "I am not Dorian"? Was it you?

Why haven't you been slowly exchanging your Bitcoins? You lost your hard drive without a backup, didn't you?

BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 11:43:45 PM

Did he ever dump?

As far as I know every single address of satoshi is somehow known, and i've heard he never moved his coins.
Does anyone know satoshi's addresses?
Of course he could always have more that no one knows about, but I think it should be pretty easy to stop because in the begining the volume of transactions was small.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 11:47:23 PM

Satoshi is dangerous for Bitcoin: http://www.coindesk.com/dangerous-satoshi-nakamoto/

Which wallets belong to Satoshi: http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/20565/which-wallets-belong-to-satoshi-nakamoto

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: