Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:55:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: question for those from the nations where USD is not in daily use.  (Read 1574 times)
qikaifu (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

God creats math and math creats bitcoin.

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 01:45:03 PM

How much USD do you keep in your daily life?
You know, USD is of course more widely accepted all over the world,
and if you go to the shops to try to use USD, there ARE some chances they will accept your USD.

But, how much USD do you keep in your daily life?
SO, how much BTC are you going to keep in your daily life?

If you see any of my suggestions useful, please donate me. http://btc.to/ec
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 01:53:57 PM

None. If I need to use USD, it's simplest to just pay with a credit card. Not that I ever do need USD apart from buying things on the internet.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 01:56:27 PM

and if you go to the shops to try to use USD, there ARE some chances they will accept your USD.

But, how much USD do you keep in your daily life?
SO, how much BTC are you going to keep in your daily life?
USD: none. The only times I might have needed it is when travelling, and even then I'd tend to use Sterling or Euro cash or travellers cheques and some local currency, if I'm able to get it in the UK.

BTC: as much as I can avoid spending :-)

This space intentionally left blank.
db

Activity: 279
Merit: 261

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 02:01:07 PM

Not USD but here in Sweden (state currency SEK) some shops and some ATMs handle EUR. It's not very common, though.
PabloW

Activity: 228
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 02:08:30 PM

I use it for buying most hardware and sometimes some other expensive stuff. But I use my cuerrency also for that. I also keep my savings on USD. But well, here we dont have a really stable currency, so its a very common thing around here. Im from Argentina.

I hope to use bitcoins instead of both of them, and try to live with it  Grin
Dobrodav

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 02:24:02 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2011, 06:17:04 PM by Dobrodav

Here in Russia, we are recommended by "analytics",  to held 1/3 of our savings in rubles, 1/3 in euros, and 1/3 in USD.
"Ruble" is highly dependable on foreign economics, due to source nature of Russian economic.
Therefore, due to balance between 2 worldwide currencies, ruble is stable "enough" (not stable at all). And of cos, highly depends on oil\gas prices. Lots of people will be glad to choose other alternative for their savings, but gold and diamonds trading is under government control, -
with suppressive taxes. Trading them without  government  control is a state case, - with lots of years, in not so comfortable prison as punishment.
USD is not accepted in stores like payment. That was prohibited  in late 90-s. Lots of stores show their prices  in УE (Уcлoвнaя Eдиницa - Conventional Unit (CU)) that are commonly referred to USD. Big supermarkets and markets have a lot of exchangers all over the place.
You always can find somebody, who will accept them as payment (unofficially) .
In person to person, deals, - USD and Euro`s are in common practice.

You can understand now, why "Bitcoin" google trends show Russia on first place of regions.

Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 03:26:15 PM

Absolutely 0, USD is less stable than the EUR, so no reason for me to have a worse currency at home.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
mewantsbitcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 03:32:02 PM

None, but I think I'll be buying it in the near future to wipe my ass. It should be cheaper than toilet paper
BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 853
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 03:34:22 PM

None, but I think I'll be buying it in the near future to wipe my ass. It should be cheaper than toilet paper

+1 ah hahahahhahaa love it
Dala

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 03:39:24 PM

Zero.

Living in Finland, with the far more stable EUR. Never shopped with USD my whole life Tongue
gigitrix

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 04:55:50 PM

Hahahaha seriously? You think people "keep hold" of usd for some reason, where it isn't legal tender? You think shops would accept it? Wow.

Nope, total of 0 USD to may name, it's all about the BTC and GBP.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: