Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:14:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Yeti  (Read 2491 times)
TeamButtcoin

Activity: 466
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 07:55:32 AM

Definitely some CPU algo will be more interesting + POS or "term deposit - interest" like HODL.
You can take a look here :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1317918.0

Hope it helps.

███▄▄  ▄▄███
██▄▄   ▀▀████▀▀   ▄▄██
 ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀
█▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄███▀▀
█████▄▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄▄
██  ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀
██      ▀▀██▀▀     ▄▄▄
██   ▄▄        ▄▄███▀▀
██   ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
██▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄▄▄
▀▀███▄▄        ▄▄███▀▀
    ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
        ▀▀██▀▀
graIn..
The Backbone of
Modern Work Agreements.
███████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████ ██████████████████
████ ██
████ ██
████ ██
████ ██
████
████
████
████

█████████████   █████

.Whitepaper.
█████   █████████████

████
████
████
████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██████████████████ ████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
relock (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 05:34:17 AM

Is your project proceeding? It would be interesting to hear what your plans are.

Well I will be getting a good enough grade this year, and this project may take more time then I thought. However I will be taking Level 2 next year, we only have one Technology teacher and he has told me, I can submit this project next year as long as its well done in his eyes. So I will take the summer to do my research and come up with my plan.
relock (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 05:44:54 AM

Definitely some CPU algo will be more interesting + POS or "term deposit - interest" like HODL.

Hope it helps.

HODL looks like it's worth looking in to. I have followed DigitalNote for some time now but wasn't aware of HODL.
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 11:06:46 AM

Is your project proceeding? It would be interesting to hear what your plans are.

Well I will be getting a good enough grade this year, and this project may take more time then I thought. However I will be taking Level 2 next year, we only have one Technology teacher and he has told me, I can submit this project next year as long as its well done in his eyes. So I will take the summer to do my research and come up with my plan.

good to hear!  good luck with your project   Smiley

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
Hermanny

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 01:59:51 PM

good to hear!  good luck with your project   Smiley

I also wish all the best for your Project. I hope that it will succeed, regardless of what ever choises you end up making.
hananl1styo

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Translator English to Indonesian Language

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 02:18:51 AM

what now?
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 02:49:55 AM

Yeti

My name is Don and I'm a student. I have chosen to launch a new Crypto as part of my class project. It will go by the name Yeti and will be a real fully functioning Crypto. I need your help, before I can submit my final pre-launch draft to my teacher. I have some ideas in mind but would like some feed back from you all. What would you like to see in this coin? what algo? (x11, Cryptonight..) what basecode? (BTC, cryptonote..) Please take this seriously, I'm a hard worker and plan to work hard on this.

oh could someone please repost my simple pre-launch logo, I'm new and it won't post. Thanx

May as well make this a community coin. Take a small pre-mine and use it for bounties such as a block explorer, which you will need to get onto an exchange. If you make it PoW then you'll attract miners and have some value in the coin as opposed to a PoS coin where you would likely distribute it freely and it would be worthless without future development.

Algo is important, if you can come up with your own custom algo you can launch the coin as wallet mining only. Then allow the community to build miners, pools, etc. Using the pre-mine is another way to get this part done or speed it along.

For codebase I would definitely choose bitcoin since all the infrastructure to support it is in place. Cryptonote not so much.

Hope it helps.

HODL looks like it's worth looking in to. I have followed DigitalNote for some time now but wasn't aware of HODL.

HODL is a nice coin but the algo is compromised. There is a private GPU miner mining most of the rewards so an algo change is required if you fork this coin. You know an alternative to making a new algo is using one that is readily available to buy hashrate for. Like scrypt, x11 or sha256.

the artful bodger

Activity: 292
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 04:06:29 AM

here you go the logo

The yeti image is a modified version of the image used by the arcticesports twitter account. If you are a student and use someone else's work without permission or saying where it's from you might get into trouble. If you use it you should ask arcticesports if they created it and if it's OK to use.

https://twitter.com/arcticesports
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: