Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:31:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Purchasing someone elses order  (Read 1629 times)
BFL_Josh (OP)

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2012, 10:53:21 PM

I want to address the current issue of people purchasing others place in line, as it were, for pre-orders for BFL equipment.

Let me say up front that we don't have a problem with this.  However, we also can not be responsible if you get scammed, so you must be cautious and do your due diligence when purchasing someone elses place in line.

What BFL will do is confirm that a person has an order if you provide us with the persons name and their order number.  Beyond that, we are not a broker of places in line and as such, we can't change names on orders or anything like that (it would be an accounting nightmare).  We will simply confirm that the person has an order and whether or not what you think you're buying is what they actually have. 

That said, please make sure you verify that the person you are dealing with is honest and that they have a legitimate order.  I would also recommend that you make the details of your order sales/purchasing public on the forums, so that there is some sort of record of it.

We can not help you if you get scammed, though.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
psilan

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 11:02:07 PM

What have people been getting for their ASIC orders? Much of a premium?

This will turn in to a sales thread Wink.
Oh, and 2000-2080 order# for sale, 26th pay date 1x SC.

dip
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 12:14:50 AM

As someone who is selling their spot in line for the ASICs, I have a question: I do not have an order number, so how will this work if someone tried to contact you and verify my order with you? I'm all for being cautious when it comes to a product that is still months from being delivered, but this could be complicated.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
monstrs

Activity: 555
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 05:01:10 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2012, 05:29:51 AM by monstrs

Hello.

Many of us is scamed by member BTC guy, tryed to buy preorders.
In that thread and other stated there is plenty of proof that guy is a scammer. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=106416.msg1168354#msg1168354

Can you please help us a little bit ?

Apparently, he got his single at 23. of august: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99090.msg1126969#msg1126969
cant see the details, but it look real.
He sent me his adress (which is fake). Could you please help us by verifying is number 773 510 2752 is one of your customer, that recieved his single at 23. august?
Another detail is yet to be prooved. He wrote me that he has oredr number 2007 for upgrade to single "SC". Also there is suspicions that he could be from Chicago.
I asked you erlier about this approval, but you could not answer, maybe here you can be more helpful. Thanks

P.S. any detail could help.
crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 05:28:09 AM

Hello.

Many of us is scamed by this person, tryed to buy preorders.
In that thread and other stated there is plenty of proof that guy is a scammer. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=106416.msg1168354#msg1168354

Just to be clear! He's talking about BTCguy, where there are discussions about him here, here, and here. He's NOT talking about me, but his post does kinda look like it when you first glance at it.

monstrs

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 05:30:17 AM

Hello.

Many of us is scamed by this person, tryed to buy preorders.

Just to be clear! He's talking about BTCguy, where there are discussions about him in this thread and this one. He's NOT talking about me, but his post does kinda look like it when you first glance at it.

Sorry, corrected that  Wink
crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 05:31:31 AM

Sorry, corrected that  Wink
TYVM  Cheesy

mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2012, 05:55:20 AM

That said, please make sure you verify that the person you are dealing with is honest and that they have a legitimate order.  I would also recommend that you make the details of your order sales/purchasing public on the forums, so that there is some sort of record of it.

Huh? Making the info public seems like a bad idea; it makes it easier for scammers to impersonate persons in line by being able to give legitimate order # and info.

That's the same reason why I think the BFL "wait list" threads give too much info, eg. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89685.0
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 06:08:30 AM

That said, please make sure you verify that the person you are dealing with is honest and that they have a legitimate order.  I would also recommend that you make the details of your order sales/purchasing public on the forums, so that there is some sort of record of it.

Huh? Making the info public seems like a bad idea; it makes it easier for scammers to impersonate persons in line by being able to give legitimate order # and info.

That's the same reason why I think the BFL "wait list" threads give too much info, eg. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89685.0

There are questions that only the original purchaser should know. Unless they post those details public.

Payment method, Real Name, Shipping Address, even Contact information should remain private.
TGJJ

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 06:11:34 AM

I want to address the current issue of people purchasing others place in line, as it were, for pre-orders for BFL equipment.

Let me say up front that we don't have a problem with this.  However, we also can not be responsible if you get scammed, so you must be cautious and do your due diligence when purchasing someone elses place in line.

What BFL will do is confirm that a person has an order if you provide us with the persons name and their order number.  Beyond that, we are not a broker of places in line and as such, we can't change names on orders or anything like that (it would be an accounting nightmare).  We will simply confirm that the person has an order and whether or not what you think you're buying is what they actually have. 

That said, please make sure you verify that the person you are dealing with is honest and that they have a legitimate order.  I would also recommend that you make the details of your order sales/purchasing public on the forums, so that there is some sort of record of it.

That's a shame. It's amazing how unhelpful every website has been in tracking down someone who has scammed me. I would of thought the Bitcoin Community would have wanted to send a message that if you scam one of us, we will track you down and do everything in our power to correct the injustice that has been bestowed upon a member.
Sitarow
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 06:17:29 AM

That's a shame. It's amazing how unhelpful every website has been in tracking down someone who has scammed me. I would of thought the Bitcoin Community would have wanted to send a message that if you scam one of us, we will track you down and do everything in our power to correct the injustice that has been bestowed upon a member.

Problem is that what proof is there that you may have been scammed? What if the issue at hand is that the person that claims to have been scammed is in fact the scammer themselves.
TGJJ

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 06:34:13 AM

Problem is that what proof is there that you may have been scammed? What if the issue at hand is that the person that claims to have been scammed is in fact the scammer themselves.

I get what you are saying, but I think there is more than enough evidence https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=106199.0 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=102351.0 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=106095.0 in these three posts.
Sitarow
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 06:41:53 AM

Let me say up front that we don't have a problem with this.  However, we also can not be responsible if you get scammed, so you must be cautious and do your due diligence when purchasing someone elses place in line.

What BFL will do is confirm that a person has an order if you provide us with the persons name and their order number.  Beyond that, we are not a broker of places in line and as such, we can't change names on orders or anything like that (it would be an accounting nightmare).  We will simply confirm that the person has an order and whether or not what you think you're buying is what they actually have.  

I get what you are saying, but I think there is more than enough evidence https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=106199.0 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=102351.0 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=106095.0 in these three posts.

Hypothetically let's say  I found information about an order that was placed and then claim that the order is mine and that I wish to sell it to the highest bidder.

To avoid being scammed in this nature I would as a potential buyer ask to verify the order. By getting BFL first to verify the seller's claim on an active paid in full order. You can then confirm that they are indeed the person holding the order by having BFL send both you and the seller cc emails. Now you can both reply with your own confirmation information.

At this stage of the game you are dealing with "real names" and "real contact information". This way the seller and buyer are reasured by BFL's involvment that all parties are invoilved in this tranaction.

And lastly always do everything in your power to not be scammed by the man in the middle fraud.
monstrs

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 07:32:08 AM

Let me say up front that we don't have a problem with this.  However, we also can not be responsible if you get scammed, so you must be cautious and do your due diligence when purchasing someone elses place in line.

What BFL will do is confirm that a person has an order if you provide us with the persons name and their order number.  Beyond that, we are not a broker of places in line and as such, we can't change names on orders or anything like that (it would be an accounting nightmare).  We will simply confirm that the person has an order and whether or not what you think you're buying is what they actually have.  

Hypothetically let's say  I found information about an order that was placed and then claim that the order is mine and that I wish to sell it to the highest bidder.

To avoid being scammed in this nature I would as a potential buyer ask to verify the order. By getting BFL first to verify the seller's claim on an active paid in full order. You can then confirm that they are indeed the person holding the order by having BFL send both you and the seller cc emails. Now you can both reply with your own confirmation information.

At this stage of the game you are dealing with "real names" and "real contact information". This way the seller and buyer are reasured by BFL's involvment that all parties are invoilved in this tranaction.

And lastly always do everything in your power to not be scammed by the man in the middle fraud.

Bfl did not answered to this question, hopfuly it will now, becasue that BTC guy is clearly the scamer, proof is more than enough. We need every information they have.
ice_chill

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 10:48:52 AM

Greed = scam, Scam = greed.

You only get scammed if you are greedy, buy direct from BFL and no one will scam you. A.S.  S.I.M.P.L.E.  A.S.  T.H.A.T.
TGJJ

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 10:56:36 AM

Greed = scam, Scam = greed.

You only get scammed if you are greedy, buy direct from BFL and no one will scam you. A.S.  S.I.M.P.L.E.  A.S.  T.H.A.T.

I wasn't scammed buying a BFL rig from this guy, but I know that this guy has bought from BFL from this post - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99090.msg1126969#msg1126969
Monkey1

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 11:25:20 AM

So how much are the preorders for Jalepenos going for?

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
monstrs

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 07:11:01 PM

This btc guy offered for 200-250 $
crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 08:09:51 PM

This btc guy offered for 200-250 $
Well considering he was scamming, I wouldn't say that counts.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: