Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 01:19:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2000-4000 BTC loan - Hookah Lounge  (Read 28983 times)
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 08:10:52 PM

As we all know education does not make people rich lol. Great ideas do with a great implementation, the only thing school measure is how much bullshit you will put up with to get a piece of paper.
http://collegedropoutshalloffame.com/

A list of about 1000 of them lol

Do not listen to poster, he is a known liar:

Your dumb as shit, I am a Iraq/Afgan Veteran that left the USMC due to injury.

P.S. I was Never a soldier you misinformed dope.

Hes not neccessarily lying... Marines aren't soldiers.  Generally speaking, soldier refers to Army. (Fun  fact: marines branched from the navy, and the air force branched from the army). I was in the military too, but I wasn't a soldier, I was an Airman.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 08:17:35 PM

As we all know education does not make people rich lol. Great ideas do with a great implementation, the only thing school measure is how much bullshit you will put up with to get a piece of paper.
http://collegedropoutshalloffame.com/

A list of about 1000 of them lol

Do not listen to poster, he is a known liar:

Your dumb as shit, I am a Iraq/Afgan Veteran that left the USMC due to injury.

P.S. I was Never a soldier you misinformed dope.

Hes not neccessarily lying, Marines aren't soldiers, generally speaking, soldier refers to Army. I was in the military, but I wasn't a soldier, I was an Airman.

I will give you that the air force is different from soliders, but marines are soldiers end of story. I have marine friends and I just called a couple of them they would agree soliders include marines. They also said lying about being in the services is the worst thing a person can do.
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 08:18:34 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2012, 11:38:37 PM by evolve

I know many marines who would be offended by being called a soldier, its not as cut and dry as you think...there is a LOT of rivalry between services.

That said, i know nothing about this guy, and yes, lying about serving in the military is about as low as you can go.

Vvvv Edit: you are seriously underestimating how proud marines are of their title.  Vvvv
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 08:22:35 PM

I know many marines who would be offended by being called a soldier.

Your being too technical, they are suppose to be referred to as "Naval Infantry" so solider would work, and I doubt is a offensive thing.
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 08:53:07 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2012, 09:52:57 PM by dank

I regularly smoke hookah, it takes nearly two hours to smoke --> customers occupy the table more than two hours.
two Ppl generally share a hookah thus your revenue per customer may be less than your expectation.
ppl generally eat before, during or after hookah, so you will most probably need to prepare and serve  food which may bring extra challenges.

last but most important,  you will  borrow in BTCs and then spend them as USD thus exposing yourself to BTC/USD fluctuations.

how will you pay your debt if BTC shoots up to sky?
I wanted to work out a contract if that situation were to arise, so we can keep it valued relative to the start up cost.  So if BTC goes up by 10x, we would recalculate how much it would cost to buy the same start up materials in BTC, and add interest from there.

I plan on having a small menu of food while allowing guests to bring their own food in.

I did receive news today that the other hookah/restaurant lounge in my town doesn't even have hookah anymore.  That means I would have the only hookah lounge in a town of tens of thousands of young adults.

I'm very eager to get a loan for this venture, I'd be willing to pay pretty generous interest.  If you'd like, I could pay 5% of the each month's end profit for three years (plus the loan itself).  That'd be 6000 a year if we make 10k/month, 9000 a year at 15k and 12000 a year at 20k.  For the size facility I'm looking at, the loan will need to be on the higher end of 2000 BTC.  I checked out the location today and it is perfect.  Huge, beautiful building, could surely guest more than 300 people.

I have no problem disclosing identification and/or signing a contract for this loan, I just want to get it happening.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 08:58:40 PM

You should probably find out why that other bar doesn't sell Hookah anymore. These things happen for a reason.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 09:00:35 PM

You should probably find out why that other bar doesn't sell Hookah anymore. These things happen for a reason.
Because they're primarily a restaurant, not a hookah lounge.  If I'm not mistaken it was a higher-end restaurant, the restaurant part was probably outperforming the hookah part, not many people want to pay the price for a nice meal if they just want to smoke hookah.  My environment will be better as well.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 09:06:10 PM

Because they're primarily a restaurant, not a hookah lounge.  If I'm not mistaken it was a higher-end restaurant, the restaurant part was probably outperforming the hookah part, not many people want to pay the price for a nice meal if they just want to smoke hookah.  My environment will be better as well.
But wouldn't the hookahs bring them more custom?

If a competitor has recently pulled out of the market, you need to find out exactly why that is. 
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 09:09:02 PM

Not if they require you to pay $20 for a meal to smoke hookah, no.  It's not like it's illegal to smoke hookah here, or anywhere to my knowledge.

I'll do what I can to see why they stopped, but I'm sure it was just a matter of business.

gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 09:16:00 PM

what about bankruptcy, lets say this goes all to hell. How would one get at least their initial investment back?
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 09:19:30 PM

what about bankruptcy, lets say this goes all to hell. How would one get at least their initial investment back?
This is not the only business idea I have, I will use the revenue from this project to create other businesses.  The supplies put into the building would still retain much of their value, and are most of the start up cost.  I will also be pretty good at guitar at one point, this will give me place to perform and expand that venture as well.

But how, realistically, could this go bankrupt?  I don't believe it would happen.

grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 09:20:38 PM

[...] Except cancer is caused by a weak soul, as all sickness.  So if you have a strong soul, you're not going to get cancer from tobacco.  First guy that died probably didn't have too strong of a soul, as with all the others that followed.[...]

wow, i guess we don't need white blood cells after all.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
556j

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 09:23:26 PM

Huge, beautiful building, could surely guest more than 300 people.

I live in South Beach, Miami. Population ~5.5mil. Known party town. The local hookah bar is lucky to have 40 ppl on a holiday weekend. /dose of reality
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 09:27:07 PM

Huge, beautiful building, could surely guest more than 300 people.

I live in South Beach, Miami. Population ~5.5mil. Known party town. The local hookah bar is lucky to have 40 ppl on a holiday weekend. /dose of reality
They're doing something wrong.  I've been to a hookah lounge that had 100+ people on weekends till 3am.

How much did they charge?  How big/nice was the facility?  Did they have live music, like I will?  Did they have an exotic atmosphere or a beat down one?

I know someone is making $9000 in profit/month in a city near me, a city that has multiple hookah bars.

556j

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 09:35:04 PM

They are expensive but keep in mind cocktails are $16 each here. College town probably has more demand (less "hipsters" more "Kardashian" types here). Even going by your numbers 100+, the jump to 300 is a big one. Most small business plan on no profit the first year. Not trying to troll just some advice!
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 09:43:57 PM

They are expensive but keep in mind cocktails are $16 each here. College town probably has more demand (less "hipsters" more "Kardashian" types here). Even going by your numbers 100+, the jump to 300 is a big one. Most small business plan on no profit the first year. Not trying to troll just some advice!
There's more hipster type people here, something I think would be beneficial to a hookah business.  I don't think this is like most small businesses, this is a unique market which I can dominate if I could get a loan.

I'm also going to go all out on promoting the hookah lounge, I'm getting people to distribute custom flyers I'll design at different colleges and I will have promotional nights to raise awareness after we open.

The numbers are simply here.  I was originally thinking of starting a smoke shop, no hookah lounge and even then I could see it generating a small profit (couple thousand a month) but with this model we can combine the two and the hookah turns out to be a more profitable business.

Rarity

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 09:56:34 PM

You were not planning to check ID when you were planning the illegal paraphernalia shop, will you be doing so with the bar?

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 11:51:04 PM

You were not planning to check ID when you were planning the illegal paraphernalia shop, will you be doing so with the bar?
I'm going to ignore you due to the fact you're continuing to spout misinformation.

Rarity

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 12:16:58 AM

I'm going to ignore you due to the fact you're continuing to spout misinformation.

You admitted everything I have said about you, no need to discuss it over again.

I have asked you a very simple yes or no question, will you check ID for your Hookah Bar business in accordance with the law?

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 12:32:14 AM

Obviously.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: