Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:57:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.0001459BTC Transactions from no where?  (Read 759 times)
oldschool (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 12:16:58 AM

I have several online, offline, android wallets and I also have a wallet on my computer, the official app that I leave running all the time just as a network node, I figure downloading and passing on the block chain is beneficial to the network.

I recently opened up my ports on my router so its jumped from 9 connections to 30-40 connections and recently I've been getting several very small transactions, every other day or so of around 0.0001 to 0.0003?

Is this some sort of kickback from leaving bitcoin connected 24hrs a day?  None of my online, offline or cellphone wallets are receiving these small transfers?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 12:25:53 AM

I have several online, offline, android wallets and I also have a wallet on my computer, the official app that I leave running all the time just as a network node, I figure downloading and passing on the block chain is beneficial to the network.

I recently opened up my ports on my router so its jumped from 9 connections to 30-40 connections and recently I've been getting several very small transactions, every other day or so of around 0.0001 to 0.0003?

Is this some sort of kickback from leaving bitcoin connected 24hrs a day?  None of my online, offline or cellphone wallets are receiving these small transfers?

That's the current payout here: http://freebtc.com
/edit. or close anyway... it varies somewhat

Either you input your address there or someone else did it for you.  
oldschool (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 01:07:03 AM

Is this some sort of kickback from leaving bitcoin connected 24hrs a day?  None of my online, offline or cellphone wallets are receiving these small transfers?

LOL thats funny...

I wonder if I have a little BTC fairy going around and submitting my address to all the free bitcoin sites?  Now I'm curious who it might be?! hahahaha

Oh, and thanks for the quick and accurate response, makes more sense now!
citboin

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 01:08:34 AM

Does anyone know if there will be these sorts of kickbacks at any point in the future?
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 01:14:53 AM

LOL thats funny...

I wonder if I have a little BTC fairy going around and submitting my address to all the free bitcoin sites?  Now I'm curious who it might be?! hahahaha

what if the fairy got your private keys?  haha Sad

oldschool (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 01:33:40 AM

LOL thats funny...

what if the fairy got your private keys?  haha Sad

I know its a very very VERY slim chance of someone generating the same key pair randomly, but has anyone documented or reported this happening?  I'll keep an eye on it for other activity....
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 04:28:18 AM

LOL thats funny...

what if the fairy got your private keys?  haha Sad

I know its a very very VERY slim chance of someone generating the same key pair randomly, but has anyone documented or reported this happening?  I'll keep an eye on it for other activity....

you could always generate a new wallet and transfer all your coins to that one to be totally sure.  

edit nevermind i forgot you have mutliple wallets

SmokinCigs

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 07:17:51 AM

cool...i hope i get free money
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: