Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:22:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should a new section be added for trust disputes?  (Read 634 times)
xetsr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 03:53:07 AM

Should a new section be added for trust disputes, maybe under the trading section where the reputation board is?

It would keep everything in the public. Example: Member A receives feedback from Member B. Member B leaves feedback back to Member A and points to their trust dispute thread so members who are willing or unwilling to deal can find out what's going on a little better. Also, other members can conclude for themselves if the feedback was added fairly and adjust their trust list accordingly.

Looks like trust has become pretty popular as of late. Many members trusting others they shouldn't and others not dealing with users who have questionable feedback. Not singling any users or the default trust list out either, I see questionable (both positive and negative) under the untrusted feedback section a lot too.

or... just let things play out in the Meta section?

Wouldn't be very smart to run up your post count or post to get paid from your sig in this thread. No need to repeat others (slightly rewording what someone else just said) or post useless replies, remember Mods visit this section and will probably know what you're up to Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 03:54:40 AM

I'd second this. Some issues such as with the trust system in general are a forum problem, and fine in Meta. But individual disputes I agree aren't really a matter for Meta.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 04:52:20 AM

I'd second this. Some issues such as with the trust system in general are a forum problem, and fine in Meta. But individual disputes I agree aren't really a matter for Meta.

Who determines what is or isn't meta?

Have to agree need a section for dispute RESOLUTION not a section for complaints only. Most of the threads that complain have few people trying to seek a solution. There is no need to open another section for complaints only. What is required is a section that allows for dispute resolution make it a child of Meta not all disputes are just trust related.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 04:57:55 AM

Have to agree need a section for dispute RESOLUTION not a section for complaints.

Well, the forum administrators long ago. Meta: Discussion about the Bitcoin Forum

It would be appropriate to discuss the trust system in general in Meta, but for individual disputes, I think a separate section would be for the best. Scam accusations get their own section for person vs. person disputes, but Meta is appropriate for discussion about Scams in relation to the forum itself. Same concept.
PenguinFire

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

That Darn Cat

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 05:21:30 AM

Maybe just a sub-form could fit the bill to include all these types of topics?  Huh  They could give it a go for a few weeks and see how it plays out.

tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 05:21:52 AM

Have to agree need a section for dispute RESOLUTION not a section for complaints.

Well, the forum administrators long ago. Meta: Discussion about the Bitcoin Forum

It would be appropriate to discuss the trust system in general in Meta, but for individual disputes, I think a separate section would be for the best. Scam accusations get their own section for person vs. person disputes, but Meta is appropriate for discussion about Scams in relation to the forum itself. Same concept.

It doesn't seem like a bad idea.  And, imo, things like "X is trying to screw my by giving me negative trust" aren't really the same as "how do I sort my search results by icon?".  Ie, software and other meta items seem pretty distinct from issues with the trust rangers.
koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 05:34:28 AM

People are much more interested to post these in Meta , so why not make a sub-section in meta with some title like "Anything related to Trust"
it would really avoid a lot of hassle , i only find Threads about Vod and QS here
andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 05:45:07 AM

I agree with you and koelen3 , there is tons of post that just make meta ugly , most of them are against vod and quickseller, so i think a subforum with "Anything related to Trust" as koelen3 say would be great.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
thebigtalk

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Bitcoin and co.

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 05:45:57 AM

Not a bad idea. It would give some people and newbies ( including me) a heads up on their future transactions with the other members.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 07:59:37 AM

Hey everyone, there is a problem with trust! Instead of solving the problem, lets make a new subforum to bury the symptoms instead of focusing on the cause. Sounds like a good plan.
BitcoinDistributor

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:06:38 AM

We already have a section for that. See this thread, it obviously is used for this purpose already.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=105136.msg11169188#msg11169188

I'm a lover not a hater. I'm a scam buster misunderstood. However, this forum is full of haters which is why you see my trust. They can't handle my success so they try to stop me...BUT NO ONE STOPS MY SUCCESS! ....Find Quickseller annoying? Click the "ignore" button below his name! You're welcome!
andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:40:51 AM

We already have a section for that. See this thread, it obviously is used for this purpose already.

You got me hard there haha.

Hey everyone, there is a problem with trust! Instead of solving the problem, lets make a new subforum to bury the symptoms instead of focusing on the cause. Sounds like a good plan.
How would you solve it? More than bury posts i think it will help to keep things organized.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 09:27:18 AM

Or just go off on everyone still on the list and conflagrate it so no one is talking about fixing it?

How about moving towards a solution?

I think getting some of this shit into a space that is bent on resolution is a good idea but not at the expense of finding a solution to problems with the trust system. Both can happen not everything is either or especially when you have a lot more noise than signal going on.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 11:57:35 AM

Well played sir...that was nice  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: