Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:20:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Putin Invasion Coming This Summer  (Read 939 times)
cryptocoiner (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

hyperboria - next internet

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 07:27:23 AM

New Putin Invasion Coming This Summer

Moscow says it’s sticking to a ceasefire agreement. Meanwhile, it’s piling up troops and weapons for something that doesn’t look so peaceful.

The war in Ukraine may have faded largely from international headlines, but Vladimir Putin’s drip-drip invasion continues. In the last two weeks, forensic evidence, some of which has been reported by monitor organizations and senior Western diplomats, the rest corroborated by eyewitness photography and video, only confirms what the U.S. fears most: A summer offensive is inevitable.

On May 5, the Ukrainian government released new data which says that they have lost 28 towns to Russian-backed separatists since February 18. That was the day the strategic town of Debaltsevo, which guarded a key highway to separatist-controlled regions, slipped from Ukraine’s control. The map of separatist territory is as alarming as it is illustrative, especially when it is combined with the daily reports of ceasefire violations and fighting coming out of both the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) and Kiev.

On May 6, Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko addressed the National Security and Defense Council and warned that Russia has 50,000 troops on the border and its proxies have more than 40,000 fighters inside the country. That’s not only a combined 50% increase in possible invaders over July of last year, the month which proceeded the “Russian invasion” on the Ukrainian mainland. It’s more than enough soldiers to invade and gobble up a significant amount of Ukrainian territory.

“There is a convincing evidence that Ukraine strictly complies with the Minsk [ceasefire] agreements and militants constantly violate them,” Poroshenko noted. Separatists do not allow international observers to verify their withdrawal of heavy weaponry. “Militants regularly shoot Ukrainian positions, engage in reconnaissance and subversive activity and provoke armed confrontations in order to disrupt peaceful settlement of the conflict.”

One day later, May 7, the OSCE witnessed a significant amount of fighting both near Donetsk and around a town called Shirokino, 20 kilometers east of Mariupol—part of a trend of heavier fighting which started in late April. The OSCE also reported that one of their surveillance drones was jammed for 10 minutes while attempting to monitor the movement of separatist tanks near Donetsk, in violation of the 50-kilometer demarcation line agreed upon by both sides.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/05/17/new-putin-invasion-coming-this-summer.html

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 09:55:03 PM

It's just a matter of time. The first objective is Mariupol, then completion of a land bridge to Crimea.
Eventually, they plan to take Odessa, but the logistics would be a problem.
I doubt this can be achieved without massive involvement of Russian regular troops.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 10:10:23 PM

Well, this had to be sorted out at some point considering the west had feet on the ground stirring up the Ukrainian situation for the worse over and above messing w/ Putin's pipeline into Europe.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 07:09:21 AM

It's just a matter of time. The first objective is Mariupol, then completion of a land bridge to Crimea.
I doubt this can be achieved without massive involvement of Russian regular troops.

I don't think that regular Russian forces will be needed to take Mariupol. A few Russian volunteers, along with the native rebel militia will do the trick. If the regular Russian forces land in Ukraine, then the fighting will be over in one day. There will be only two major battles. The battle for Kiev will be fought in the morning, and the battle for Lvov will be fought in the afternoon. The remnants of the junta forces will flee towards Poland.
Souldream
Legendary

Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 02:08:01 PM

I don't think that regular Russian forces will be needed to take Mariupol. A few Russian volunteers, along with the native rebel militia will do the trick. If the regular Russian forces land in Ukraine, then the fighting will be over in one day. There will be only two major battles. The battle for Kiev will be fought in the morning, and the battle for Lvov will be fought in the afternoon. The remnants of the junta forces will flee towards Poland.

50.000 soldiers ... i thought  "Silkworm" was closed ... LoL

Where they can buy such materials ... ? Ho yes i forget every worker can go in any corner shop to buy a "sniper" riffle !
galdur

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 06:29:45 PM

Yes, it would be over in about a day. Ukraine has no military to speak of and the country is on the brink of coming apart anyway. Novorossia will continue towards Russia anyway without any military intervention. It seems about inevitable.

cryptocoiner (OP)

Activity: 602

hyperboria - next internet

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2015, 06:45:43 AM

I think you are wrong. Ukrainian army is way better now than it was a year ago. They have battle experience now, they have more weapons and supplyes. And america is helping them. So this time without the help of a russian army novorossia may fail.

galdur

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 07:27:14 AM

I think you are wrong. Ukrainian army is way better now than it was a year ago. They have battle experience now, they have more weapons and supplyes. And america is helping them. So this time without the help of a russian army novorossia may fail.

Yeah, U.S. military "training" has a very solid record of rendering military forces here and there totally useless. Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen etc. There is no reason to expect that this will be different in Ukraine.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 08:56:46 AM

Looking at the performance of the so called Ukrainian army in the battle of Delbaltsevo, I am skeptical. Almost 3,000 soldiers ended up dead, POW or "missing", when compared to a few hundreds of rebel losses. America has been helping them for well over a year now. I am not seeing any improvement in their fighting powers.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 09:02:15 PM

Looking at the performance of the so called Ukrainian army in the battle of Delbaltsevo, I am skeptical. Almost 3,000 soldiers ended up dead, POW or "missing", when compared to a few hundreds of rebel losses. America has been helping them for well over a year now. I am not seeing any improvement in their fighting powers.

America was helping Irak troops for over 10 years, and when they started fighting ISIS, they fail badly. There seems to be something really wrong how USA helps those that they want to help, so they will be able to beat at least some rebel civilians, if we cant expect they would be able to fight other countries.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 09:51:58 PM

The truth is that Ukraine is now destroyed by that war,thatwas Putin purpose.Novorossiya project is fake,Russia doesnt have money to support western Ukraine destroyed areas

Russia military forces is very limited,thy want to open bridge to Crimea and that will be the end for now

Russian boys are dieing in that war,there is more and more of them ,dont believe that mr Puttin is supported by 70% or 80% of russians,it is not like that,Ukraine is devasted by that war,but longer and longer that war will be more problem Russia regim will have.Look Russia -Afganisthan war in 80ties,it was direct reason of communism fail.
I am from Poland and i very well remember that time,now i see mr P and his people are getting very nerwvous and thay are making his regim more and more stronger.There isalso one more thing,biggest Russia nightmare is realising,that nightmare is China.Russia now is more and more dependent from China.that wasandthat there is biggest Russia fear.But ,becouse of innerfifght in Russia,mr P and his people can be more and more agressive
just to keep his position that way
West will do nothing like usually

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 10:23:33 PM

Russia Is Using Mobile Crematoriums to Hide Ukraine's Dead

Russia is so desperate to hide its military involvement in Ukraine that it has brought in mobile crematoriums to destroy the bodies of its war dead, say U.S. lawmakers who traveled to the war-torn country this spring.

The U.S. and NATO have long maintained that thousands of Russian troops are fighting alongside separatists inside eastern Ukraine, and that the Russian government is obscuring not only the presence but also the deaths of its soldiers there. In March, NATO Deputy Secretary General Alexander Vershbow told a conference, "Russian leaders are less and less able to conceal the fact that Russian soldiers are fighting -- and dying -- in large numbers in eastern Ukraine."

Hence the extreme measures to get rid of the evidence. “The Russians are trying to hide their casualties by taking mobile crematoriums with them,” House Armed Services Committee Chairman Mac Thornberry told me. “They are trying to hide not only from the world but from the Russian people their involvement.”

More...http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-05-26/putin-burns-his-dead-to-hide-ukraine-aggression
Dimaklu

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 04:23:44 AM

Russia military forces is very limited,thy want to open bridge to Crimea and that will be the end for now

Russia already started to build a bridge to Crimea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZWJGHF7_R8
And they don't need to occupy any ukrain territory for this.

Bitcoin betting guides at 30btc.com
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 10:59:16 AM

Russian boys are dieing in that war,there is more and more of them ,dont believe that mr Puttin is supported by 70% or 80% of russians,it is not like that

Do you have any proof for this? If not, you should find another thread to spread your lies. Many of the polls, in which Putin got between 80% and 90% positive approval were conducted by the Wetsern agencies such as Gallup. And sitting back in Poland, I wonder how you manage to accurately measure the mood of the Russian people. Most of the Russians are happy with Putin. They don't have to clean toilets in Germany and England.
galdur

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 12:49:59 PM

"Trained" to be totally useless:

Iraq army held 10-to-1 advantage during Ramadi defeat, sources say

Baghdad vowed Tuesday to retake Anbar province from ISIL after suffering the humiliating defeat
May 26, 2015 3:06PM ET
Iraqi forces in Ramadi had held a 10-to-1 numerical advantage over the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant when the pro-government troops retreated in the face of an ISIL offensive over a week ago, Pentagon sources told Al Jazeera on Tuesday. ...

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2015/5/26/iraq-army-held-advantage-during-ramadi-defeat-sources.html

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 03:54:04 PM

^^^^ There are some similarities between the Iraqi army and the Ukrainian army. Both of them are corrupt, incompetent, and full of cowards. Corruption is rife, and they almost entirely depend upon paramilitary organizations for their own survival (neo-Nazis in Ukraine, and Shiite militia supported by Iran in Iraq).
Crenel84

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 12:19:46 AM

A little history might explain why US training of other militaries doesn't work. During the Normandy invasion in WWII, the Germans were solid fighters but were overwhelmed by the sheer amount of material the Allied forces were plowing into the continent. A "will to fight" is meaningless when bombs and artillery shells are raining down and tearing apart man and machine (especially, in that case, with no effective air opposition from the Luftwaffe, giving the Allies air superiority).

The US has a history of arming others that they want to support, but "training" may be limited to how to use the gear (including coordination of forces). If it doesn't also include (and may not be possible to include) a solid will to fight, then you get what we see today -- US-backed fighters dropping their US-supplied gear and running away, and the enemy gaining the use of all that equipment.

The answer might seem to be US taxpayers demanding that their earnings not go toward this de-facto arming of "enemy" forces. That ignores too much, however, including decades of accumulation of effects, electoral politics, cultural myopia, and more. I can't offer a better answer, but I don't see this "answer" happening anytime soon -- or ever.
galdur

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 02:18:04 AM

Thank You for Your Service!" Says Chief of US Army in Europe While Awarding Medals to Maimed Ukrainian Soldiers

A new low. Even worse than Victoria Nuland and her Maidan cookies

General Ben Hodges, Chief of the US Army in Europe, awarded US army medals to Ukrainian soldiers in Kiev’s Central Military Hospital on January 22.

The video was made by “independent” Hromadske TV, a station that publicly admits it is funded by money coming from the US and Dutch embassies—and George Soros.

The General said the medal is “a symbol of the US army in Europe” and is given “for excellence”. Interesting choice of words.

And actually these coins are not even medals, they are unit coins for a coin challenge. The coins are the “NEW U.S. Army Europe - Sword of Freedom Challenge Coin. 60335.” priced at $8.79 from ebay. In description of the coin it is stated: “This coin pays tribute to the tireless commitment and outstanding dedication to duty demonstrated by every member of U.S. Army Europe.”

The general finished his visit by thanking the soldiers for their service.

Does this even need comment? This is more patronizing and degrading than Victoria Nuland with her Maidan cookies.

These Ukrainian soldiers are mostly lower class folks who are dying for Western ambitions in Eastern Europe and Eurasia. Once there’s no use for them anymore, they will be forgotten. But at least they’ll have a US Army challenge coin?

http://russia-insider.com/en/2015/01/22/2644

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 08:24:19 AM

The US has a history of arming others that they want to support, but "training" may be limited to how to use the gear (including coordination of forces). If it doesn't also include (and may not be possible to include) a solid will to fight, then you get what we see today -- US-backed fighters dropping their US-supplied gear and running away, and the enemy gaining the use of all that equipment.

This is exactly what is going to happen. More than 80% of the Tanks, Armoured personnel carriers, Multi-barrel rocket launchers and heavy artillery currently used by the Novorussian Armed forces have been seized from the Ukrainian army. Even if the Americans give them advanced weaponry, most of it is going to end up with the militia.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: