Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:31:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin arbitrage and trading  (Read 2693 times)
Bitcoin Explorer (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 12:52:35 PM

I was wondering whether it was possible to make profit arbitraging altcoins on different exchanges. Of course, a big investment is needed.
Say i had 10 BTC, do you think this is profitable? I am developing a website which finds arbitrge opportunities for a couple of altcoins, so the process of finding opportunities will be good.

Moreover, has anyone executed successful altcoin arbitrage?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 01:11:36 PM

of course it's possible.

But there are too big problems:
1) Only a few good altcoin exchanges with good volume... At the moment I know only cryptsy and bter with acceptable volume. But cryptsy is a horrible exchange, just serach for all the problems users have with them, and bter was hacked recently. 
2) There are a alot of altcoins. You have to choose the right ones. And of course it could happen very likely a altcoin you chose becomes worthless.

All in all it is very risky. So you can't say "I'm doing arbitrage, it is risk free".

But if you trade/hold altcoins anyway on those exchanges, it is no additional risk.

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 06:20:52 PM

I don't know whether I should involve this, but I have seen some arbitrage bots promising to make you returns upto 6-10% a month, so you should definitely check 'em out...

Bitcoin Explorer (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:42:47 AM

I don't know whether I should involve this, but I have seen some arbitrage bots promising to make you returns upto 6-10% a month, so you should definitely check 'em out...
yes, that is good for passive income but I think thats for bitcoin arbitrage. I'm talking about altcoin arbitrage, which seems to be quite risky.

Miracal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 06:22:03 AM

This business is doing altcoins arbitrage trading. (http://www.liquidtech.info/trades) Their assets are launched at NXT asset exchange.
sana6801

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 06:28:17 AM

The opportunity is time sensitive. For the normal users they cant do it without bots implemented or lacking enough funds for trading. Besides that, it requires some level of skills and the capability of the detecting opportunity. 
sdmathis

Activity: 546

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 10:59:35 PM

yes, that is good for passive income but I think thats for bitcoin arbitrage. I'm talking about altcoin arbitrage, which seems to be quite risky.

Altcoin arbitrage can be very lucrative, but since there are more coins to watch, it can be more difficult to find opportunities. It has been my experience, however, that the best arbitrage opportunities occur on only a handful of coins and they occur over and over again. When you find an arbitrage opportunity, continue to watch that coin and you should find other opportunities as well.

erpbridge
Legendary

Activity: 954

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:25:16 AM

From what I understand arbitraging is useful for trading when you do so on different exchanges. So how would bots help you on the same ?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 07:58:27 AM

From what I understand arbitraging is useful for trading when you do so on different exchanges. So how would bots help you on the same ?

there are bot that can work on a different exchange, with the varioous api, you need first to build your own platform connected to every exchange, the the bot can proceed to play with all those market, like it was one big market, there was an example of this, done by a users

i need to find the thread, i'll update this post...

ok found it http://bitcoinpricelab.com/, still looking for the owner
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 06:49:58 PM

Banking issues will be the problem, especially with such small spreads currently.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
Bitcoin Explorer (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 08:39:05 PM

there are bot that can work on a different exchange, with the varioous api, you need first to build your own platform connected to every exchange, the the bot can proceed to play with all those market, like it was one big market, there was an example of this, done by a users

Incidentialky, I am the owner.

erpbridge
Legendary

Activity: 954

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 08:51:44 AM

But wouldn't there be a problem with withdrawals at the same time ? Even if someone has bots running on both the exchanges, the withdrawal of altcoins from one exchange to another usually will require a confirmation email to verify the withdrawal. I don't suppose the bots would be sophisticated enough to actually be able to login to the emails and verify those withdrawals along with the trading on the exchanges .
Redrose

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 06:27:08 AM

But wouldn't there be a problem with withdrawals at the same time ? Even if someone has bots running on both the exchanges, the withdrawal of altcoins from one exchange to another usually will require a confirmation email to verify the withdrawal. I don't suppose the bots would be sophisticated enough to actually be able to login to the emails and verify those withdrawals along with the trading on the exchanges .
Moving altcoins between different exchanges is time consuming and by the time your funds get to the destination which has arbitrage opportunity, the opportunity will disapear. The best solution is to have altcoins and bitcoins available at different exchanges. When opportunity come out, your bot just create an buy order and sell orders bewteen them within a second! 
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 06:09:02 AM

why not? you can tell your bot to do that, it's not really that difficulty, just use a trash email for that, maybe online email services that work with api, with api you can do everything basically

there was a thread talking about 5-6% earning a month with that both, not bad if you deal with high amount of coin
anderson00673

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 06:29:37 AM

I think the best arbitrage opportunity you can find on altcoins is when a coin gets pumped on one exchange but not another.  But it happens really fast, and I am sure that there are already bots looking for this.  I think it would be really difficult to do without a bot.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: