Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:06:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IBM Bitcoin Rain  (Read 2520 times)
R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 12:58:15 AM

The goal of this application would be to keep all those cell phones in peoples pockets during the concert and then to deliver a customized video clip to the person who got 'rained on'.

Why? What's the problem with taking out your cellphone during a concert? Why do you want to keep people from using it?

It's not the talking on the cellphone, it's the people holding up a cheap cell phone camera and actually trying to record the concert all at the same time. They basically end up with barely viewable recordings and they are not even in the video.

Again, what's your problem if my recording is crappy? Why does it affect you? Are you trying to “save” those people?

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitDreams

Activity: 503
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 03:50:38 PM

Trying to sell them a better service. I thought they might want a customized video showing their presence at the concert rather than a shaky phone clip with poor audio.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 04:03:00 PM

The video has been removed it seems. I don't know if the original OP video was this or not:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LIX1ot9peI
snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 04:16:33 PM

^ Thanks for sharing another working link for the video.

As already stated: Major kudos to IBM for doing this! It's an extremely cool and unique idea and shows some of the new possibilities that can be accomplished with Bitcoin technology! And $50,000 is no chump change!

As to all the people that commented about these people immediately dumping all of their newfound BTC, sure some of them maybe did, but this was a very specialized audience who are all very proficient in tech. and most likely understand the potential of Bitcoin, I would definitely say some of them are HODLING or using it for other positive means. I definitely have a newfound respect for IBM after seeing this.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: