Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 02:45:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 THINGS 'IDIOCRACY' PREDICTED WOULD HAPPEN, AND SADLY ALREADY HAVE  (Read 2693 times)
galdur (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 05:57:01 PM

By now, most of us have seen or at least heard of the movie "Idiocracy," which centers around two ordinary people being frozen and waking up 500 years in the future, only to realize that instead of evolving as a society, mankind has become substantially dumber as a whole. Of course, we'd like to think that would never happen in a million years, let alone 500. By and large, it does seem extremely unlikely, yet some of the film's notions of where we're to end up are already on the fast track to becoming reality. What follows are ten shining examples of human devolution. ......more

http://www.mandatory.com/2013/08/09/10-things-idiocracy-predicted-would-happen-and-sadly-already/

Mutley

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 06:15:51 PM

I need to watch that film again as I haven't seen it in years, but as ridiculously stupid as it may have seen at the time it's scary how much of it is relevant today.
galdur (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 06:19:23 PM

I need to watch that film again as I haven't seen it in years, but as ridiculously stupid as it may have seen at the time it's scary how much of it is relevant today.

Yeah, guess I need to download it again. It´s always seeding pretty well on the torrents obviously. For example Idiocracy (2006) 720p BrRip x264 YIFY. Small file but very good.

Benjig

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 07:21:27 PM

It's been a while since I saw this movie as I didn't enjoy it on my first view. But, I also seem to remember that a lot of it played on racial stereotypes, with black and Latino characters speaking "ghetto." Mike Judge may have went well (still a big fan of Beavis & Butthead, King of the Hill and Office Space), but he hit all the wrong marks in this movie.

Try watching "The Purge: Anarchy". They come right out and tell you the purge is to thin out the poor.
(oYo)

Activity: 476

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 08:04:03 PM

LOL! I thought you necro'd my old thread.

After watching the movie Idiocracy back in 2006 I told all my friends and family I felt like I just watched a documentary of our future and everyone thought I was crazy. Low and behold, not even a decade later, it seems much of it has already come to pass. After seeing music videos like, Nicki Minaj - Anaconda and I just watched another one Jennifer Lopez - Booty ft. Iggy Azalea, I was reminded of a scene within the movie Idiocracy of a movie called 'Ass'. I then did a search to see if I could find a YouTube video of that scene in the movie, but to my surprise I found it in the following article.
http://www.mandatory.com/2013/08/09/10-things-idiocracy-predicted-would-happen-and-sadly-already/

Anyone else feel like they're taking crazy pills? Cry

galdur (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 08:07:58 PM

Yeah, I could have guessed that a thread was there already somewhere. Anyway, it´s always a relevant topic and undoubtedly will continue to be in the foreseeable future  Grin Good luck, g

Aggressor66

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 08:10:43 PM

If you have asked yourselves ever whether a low-level comedy can carry some important messages, then 'Idiocracy' is the working example.
galdur (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:52:16 AM

It’s official: ‘Idiocracy’ writer says his satire about a dumber America has become a reality

Arturo Garcia

24 FEB 2016 AT 18:00 ET   

The co-writer of the cult sci-fi comedy Idiocracy confirmed what many of the film’s fans probably felt about the current political climate, The Hill reported.

“I never expected Idiocracy to become a documentary,” Etan Cohen posted on Twitter on Wednesday. The 2006 film centered around two people who awaken from a cryogenic sleep to learn that the country is awash in anti-intellectualism.

“I thought the worst thing that would come true was everyone wearing Crocs,” Cohen added.

The movie, which Cohen co-wrote with director Mike Judge, garnered critical praise and a cult following despite being under-promoted by 20th Century Fox during its US theatrical release.

“People will email and post stuff on my Twitter that’s like, ‘Hey, you predicted it right!’ So that’s always nice. But it’s not always nice because you want the world to become a better place,” Judge told The Verge in 2014, adding, “Yep, we’re doomed. Might as well make jokes about it.”

Terry Crews, who played President Camacho in the film, reprised the character on his own Twitter account last month, telling fans, “ALL Y’ALL NEED TO STOP TRIPPIN. CHILL THE F OUT, ‘MERICA.”

Watch Crews deliver the State of the Union as Camacho below.   

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/02/its-official-idiocracy-writer-says-his-satire-about-a-dumber-america-has-become-a-reality/             

arbitrage

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 02:03:52 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2016, 10:41:32 PM by arbitrage

The problem is in the school system, this is founded by Rothilds foundations and whole system is based on producing stupid "don't ask question" future workers.
If you ask people on the streets something about Libya or Iraq what answer will you get?

US people have lack of free thinking, and to much bad taste.
Movie is fanny but not far from the actual truth.

Not to mention influence from satanic medias..

sex, freedom = sex = freedom
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 02:43:46 PM

It's been a while since I saw this movie as I didn't enjoy it on my first view. But, I also seem to remember that a lot of it played on racial stereotypes, with black and Latino characters speaking "ghetto." Mike Judge may have went well (still a big fan of Beavis & Butthead, King of the Hill and Office Space), but he hit all the wrong marks in this movie. ....

Well, you don't know what you are talking about.  He hit a large number of white trash stereotypes as well.  And if you didn't speak Ghetto, you were talking gay.  

You talking gay, dude?  That white honky judge don't take kindly to gay talkers.  Sends them to a bit of rehabilitation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn200lvmTZc

Now what exactly is your problem with our President Camarcho?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGUNPMPrxvA

Lol....
arbitrage

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 01:23:38 PM

Probably every aspect of this movie can be considered as possible future  Grin.
Lack of education is already great problem in US.
You cannot expect that everybody finish college but at least everybody should have some basic
 knowledge about world and culture at least.

I mean this is hilarious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il2HEIih40g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm3kQIK9-7g

Videos about education.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx4pN-aiofw
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 01:49:54 PM

One of the numerous things I love about my country is that it's mandatory for TV channels to have 50% of their programmation to be French programs. That lets lots of time on the TV for new and intelligent visual creations between two shitty American Tv reality shows.

Another thing they could have kept in their country. Damn fucking invading immigrants.

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 04:31:28 PM

Damn! You guys are right. Idiocracy is more and more like a documentary than fiction :/. I'm just wondering how deep this will go?
adverbelly

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 04:56:27 PM

By now, most of us have seen or at least heard of the movie "Idiocracy," which centers around two ordinary people being frozen and waking up 500 years in the future, only to realize that instead of evolving as a society, mankind has become substantially dumber as a whole. Of course, we'd like to think that would never happen in a million years, let alone 500. By and large, it does seem extremely unlikely, yet some of the film's notions of where we're to end up are already on the fast track to becoming reality. What follows are ten shining examples of human devolution. ......more

i guess this movie's plot will come true in near future not in 5oo years in the future.. today's society are getting dumper and dumper fast..
M8

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 05:19:30 PM

I haven't seen Idiocracy in a very long time but I've been meaning to watch it again. I did find it a bit silly back when but it really doesn't seem that stupid any more and actually scarily prophetic. I think 1984 is even more relevant now than it was back then as well so sometimes people are good at predicting the future.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 06:23:25 PM

I haven't seen Idiocracy in a very long time but I've been meaning to watch it again. I did find it a bit silly back when but it really doesn't seem that stupid any more and actually scarily prophetic. I think 1984 is even more relevant now than it was back then as well so sometimes people are good at predicting the future.

Brawno's got electroylytes.

And let's go to Starbucks.
yugo23

Merit: 252

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 06:49:39 PM

Saddly thing: we're going to see trump president which means we'll have a president with the same IQ as the one in Idiocracy.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 07:52:45 PM

Saddly thing: we're going to see trump president which means we'll have a president with the same IQ as the one in Idiocracy.

I would rather have some special vote for obamas more extended stay then any of our current candidates outside from hilary.

So basically we will have water into that powerrade shit forever, and have dead crops.  Cheesy
arbitrage

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 09:34:49 AM

Americans are already indoctrinated with many things.
Everything starting when you're child, you watching commercials because parents don't have time for play.
In school you learn how to obey, they blocking develop the potential of children for logically thinking.
Television keep bombard kids with sexual contents , not to mention LGBT propaganda.

And what can you expect different?
yugo23

Merit: 252

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 11:34:36 AM

Americans are already indoctrinated with many things.
Everything starting when you're child, you watching commercials because parents don't have time for play.
In school you learn how to obey, they blocking develop the potential of children for logically thinking.
Television keep bombard kids with sexual contents , not to mention LGBT propaganda.

And what can you expect different?

Oh hello arbitrage. Thanks for always being here to remind us it's all because sex and LGBT.

Nothing to do with concentration of wealth, or fewer people getting more and more power.
No. It's all because of the gays.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: