Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:23:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoiners  (Read 1244 times)
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 08:04:08 PM

Do any of you guys have friends that are heavy into BTC but have pretty much zero understanding or interest in understanding it.  It is super odd to me.

I have a friend with over 10k worth in BTC.. don't want to go into specifics.. Pretty sure he doesn't even know what a public/private key look like.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 08:06:22 PM

install android wallet.
do backup.

done, you can use bitcoin to receive and pay.

bitcoin is easy with a smartphone, now.
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 08:11:21 PM

install android wallet.
do backup.

done, you can use bitcoin to receive and pay.

bitcoin is easy with a smartphone, now.

I've told him to do this 50x.. He has no interest in the workings of BTC. It is very odd to me that a large portion of someone's Networth is in something they don't know anything about.

That actually is my "daily" wallet.
TigerMart

Activity: 271
Merit: 117

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 08:17:49 PM

Do any of you guys have friends that are heavy into BTC but have pretty much zero understanding or interest in understanding it.  It is super odd to me.

I have a friend with over 10k worth in BTC.. don't want to go into specifics.. Pretty sure he doesn't even know what a public/private key look like.

It is better if the people who do not understand it do not use it and rather sit on it. If they try to use, they'll only mess up and cause a bad name for no reason. But, if they sit on it, it would get some bitcoin out of circulation, thereby increasing the price.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 08:40:32 PM

I'm the only one in our place that knows something about bitcoin. If I have a friend that is invested heavily on bitcoin but doesn't really know how it works, I'd be glad to lend him/her my time to educate him about this internet money. In your case, why not try to help your friend in learning things deeper than the spending and buying? Your friend holds a lot, so I think it is worth educating him/her on different areas and matters in bitcoin.
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 08:45:08 PM

Well its not required that he knows everything about it..
But it would be the best so he could educate others about it.

Its almost like a religion to be a bitcoiner. xD

Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 09:26:19 PM

Its almost like a religion to be a bitcoiner. xD

like driving ...
like biking ...
like ... other stuff that need a "licence" (not cheap, actually).
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 09:30:39 PM

At this point, it's stupid for people who don't understand bitcoin (to a certain extent) to invest in it. Sure, perhaps in the future better infrastructure will dumb it down so that everyone can use it. But as an individual, you need to know about all the benefits and risks involved if you're going to get involved... to blindly do it is silly.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 09:54:38 PM

He will learn about it when he loses a significant part of those coins due to a stupid mistake he makes.. Will be an expensive lesson to be learned..!
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 09:58:53 PM

All people who I know are provided with all necessary information about what is and how to store and use bitcoins Smiley

I turned few people into bitcoin world and it is necessary to share knowledge with those who you know that might need it so
You should share knowledge with anyone who you know that haven't got important infos.

:-)

Best regards.
croTek4

Activity: 392

the Cat-a-clysm.

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 11:42:57 PM

The majority of future bitcoiners will not know a lot about it. Just like most users of cash and/or credit cards have no idea about the actual workings behind it. Honestly for bitcoin to succeed, people dont need to be very tech oriented, they just need to know their holdings will be safe.

Catether is an open source mineable ERC20 Token, powered by Cates.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 11:47:01 PM

The majority of future bitcoiners will not know a lot about it. Just like most users of cash and/or credit cards have no idea about the actual workings behind it. Honestly for bitcoin to succeed, people dont need to be very tech oriented, they just need to know their holdings will be safe.

Securing your assets is one thing, but knowing how to use it properly is another. Say you have already obtained those precious coins. First thing you'll do is to make sure that you are protected from different exploitations and attacks. If you managed to do this, you'll feel relieved. But there are other things a bitcoin user must know aside from protecting his/her assets--spending it and how to do it without doing some mistakes. I've seen some bitcoin users who made a mistake on setting up the transaction fee because they thought it is where they will input what amount will they send.
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 11:52:26 PM

You should invite him to join this forum, he would be get more explanation about Bitcoin in here. And he would also understand what is public/private key Grin

faucet used to be profitable
vm_mpn

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 04:51:21 AM

My compliments to your friend - when another billion of these guys and gals start holding bitcoin without knowing much about it we can call it mass adaption.
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:26:13 AM

He seems to be a type that doesnt care about it and only wants to get a profit incase bitcoin price goes up. This could be dangerous for him if he hast no interest to secure his own bitcoin.

Question, how did he make up his mind for 10k BTC investment in the first time? Someone who convince him to take investment of 10K BTC should be responsible to teach him to secure his coins as well
louise123

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:30:06 AM

Maybe he just bought it as an investment and is now waiting for the right price to cash in.
Many people do that as far as I know.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
             ▄███▌ █
            ▀▀▀██▄  █
          ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
         █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
        ▄██ ███▄    █
       ▐███▀   ▀█   █
       ████     █   █
      ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
      ▀▄▄███▌      █
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
              █  ▄▀
              ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
 ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
  ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄ ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
   ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
  ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
    ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
    ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████ ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
    █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
    ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                               ▄█████
                                                                           ▄███████▀
                                                                           ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
 LIGHTPAPER
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 05:39:38 AM

An ignorant bitcoiner, not interested in learning? How is this surprising?

Send him to the bitcoin Reddit, he'll feel right at home. Tongue

(Satoshi Forest sounds like a scary place where people hide behind trees and vanish)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:45:48 AM

i know people with lots of gold. but they dont know the first thing about dynamite or slush machines. they have no idea about refining gold or know any background in those companies or individuals involved in its creation/sale.

all that matters to him is that its a good store of value that will be worth more in the future

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 07:03:43 PM

I'm the only one in our place that knows something about bitcoin. If I have a friend that is invested heavily on bitcoin but doesn't really know how it works, I'd be glad to lend him/her my time to educate him about this internet money. In your case, why not try to help your friend in learning things deeper than the spending and buying? Your friend holds a lot, so I think it is worth educating him/her on different areas and matters in bitcoin.

I've tried he has zero interest..  I've been teaching another guy about bitcoin.. while doing so I've figured out I've spent a bunch of time researching BTC LOL.. There is a lot to know.
Clint

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 11:09:57 PM

As long as they know how to make money in btc, there's no need for them to understand all the technically stuff. I've been into bitcoin for a while, and I still don't know some of stuff this forums talking about.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: