Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:31:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: electrum plugins - merchant plugin - secret plugin repository?  (Read 1277 times)
johnny508 (OP)

Activity: 139
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 12:48:45 AM

hi,

past few months I've been very interested in a direct merchant payment gateway.  I understand just enough of the technical aspects that I was able to patch myself together a working Wordpress woocommerce storefront which used a plugin that allowed merchant to use elec v1.9.8 format mpk and blockchain.info api to generate wallets and validate payments.  validating payments is riddled with cloud flare issues I think but it's somewhat workable.

that said, I've noticed merchant plugin in new electrum and I'm wondering if anybody could point me in right direction with what to do with something of this nature?  is there some secret repository where people post additional overlays to electrum plugins that might make them function in common scenarios like woocommerce for example?

the electrum mpk method has long been something I've used but it's always had manual steps involved.

surely I can't be the only one struggling with this type of issue can I? 

anybody know how I might take the current electrum version, my current woocommerce gateway and make a self sufficient payment mechanism out of it?  or even guide me towards where to start exploring? 

what exactly is the purpose of that merchant.py plugin?  it attaches itself to an Api so that the plugin allows management on my client wallet of payment addresses while some other system (an api like blockchaininfo) seeks out payment validation on the blockchain? 

I realize bitpay is a solution that has this all neatly packaged together but I'd prefer to not have a paypal like solution attached to the setup.

on a side note, for simple merchant payments, is there anything I should worry about using 1.9.8 in current setup?  I realize the xpub format is a bit more universal and will be compatible further down the road.  but is there anything im overlooking that should make me think twice about using the old electrum key format for mpk?  I've used it for a long time and really never had a single issue outside some gap limit confusion.. but it's been stable!
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 04:00:23 PM

You can use Electrum merchant feature in the same way use Blockchain.info API but in a more secure way.

See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=117199.0 and https://wordpress.org/plugins/bitcoin-payments-for-woocommerce/.

P.S. See https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-generated-addresses-are-not-showing-in-electrum to know about gap limits.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: