Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:38:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Government Regulator Assholes  (Read 3075 times)
mikewirth (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:02:49 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2015, 07:40:08 AM by mikewirth

This asshole Lawsky laid a very complex minefield of bullshit http://www.coindesk.com/lawsky-consult-digital-currency-nydfs regulations.  Now, he wants to quit his government job and have you hire him so he can take tons of money from your company to navigate through the mines he laid!!   Please don't hire this guy.  Talk about abuse of a government job.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:16:33 AM

well although i agree that he built the walls and now wants to charge people a fee to enter through the only hole in the wall...
.. what it does show is that a guy that is/was involved in FIAT law, wants to join the bitcoin community..

i read this as a good thing, as he knows that bitcoin would be a success compared to fiat, otherwise why get involved to such an extent that he is willing to make a life changing career change.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
mikewirth (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:20:48 AM

well although i agree that he built the walls and now wants to charge people a fee to enter through the only hole in the wall...
.. what it does show is that a guy that is/was involved in FIAT law, wants to join the bitcoin community..

i read this as a good thing, as he knows that bitcoin would be a success compared to fiat, otherwise why get involved to such an extent that he is willing to make a life changing career change.

"he is willing to make a life changing career change" - actually, people I know have told me that his bosses are furious that Antonopolis said in one of his speeches that 'bitcoin companies are already leaving New York because of Lawsky's department'.  In other words, he is not willing to change career - he got fired for making a raging mess of this department which has companies fleeing the US (i.e. Xapo most recently).  He was sacked for shit performance.
louise123

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 07:15:50 AM

This asshole Lawsky laid a very complex minefield of bullshit http://www.coindesk.com/lawsky-consult-digital-currency-nydfs regulations.  Now, he wants to quit his fed job and have you hire him so he can take tons of money from your company to navigate through the mines he laid!!   Please don't hire this guy.  Talk about abuse of a government job. 

Even though I understand why you are upset, I will explain this to you from a businessman's point of view.

I have a business that is involved in crypto.
There are rules I have to follow and holes I can go through.
Who do I hire to walk me through?

The guy that made it all  Wink

Keep in mind: Everything is all about business.
Making money and establishing a high position.
That includes religions as well.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
             ▄███▌ █
            ▀▀▀██▄  █
          ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
         █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
        ▄██ ███▄    █
       ▐███▀   ▀█   █
       ████     █   █
      ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
      ▀▄▄███▌      █
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
              █  ▄▀
              ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
 ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
  ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄ ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
   ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
  ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
    ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
    ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████ ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
    █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
    ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                               ▄█████
                                                                           ▄███████▀
                                                                           ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
 LIGHTPAPER
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
mikewirth (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 07:36:48 AM

This asshole Lawsky laid a very complex minefield of bullshit http://www.coindesk.com/lawsky-consult-digital-currency-nydfs regulations.  Now, he wants to quit his fed job and have you hire him so he can take tons of money from your company to navigate through the mines he laid!!   Please don't hire this guy.  Talk about abuse of a government job.  

Even though I understand why you are upset, I will explain this to you from a businessman's point of view.

The guy that made it all  Wink

Lawsky creates all these crazy laws with the idea he can have a job later.  The result: Xapo, Antonopolis, others all leave the US.  Lawsky is an asshole for putting such a huge burden on bitcoin community, so he can have a job, at the expense of the community leaving New York.  For every dollar Lawsky made for himself, he cost the community $10,000.  Now, your explanation tells why Lawsky did it.  I know why he did it - 'its just business'.  
When a theif steals a $1000 car stereo and sells it for $100, he does 10:1 damage:gain.  How much damage did Lawsky actually do in order that he have a sweet consulting lawfirm job after leaving government?  100:1?; 1000:1; 10000:1 - at some point you've got to complain.  'Its just business' isn't a sufficient explanation.  
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 07:38:56 AM

This asshole Lawsky laid a very complex minefield of bullshit http://www.coindesk.com/lawsky-consult-digital-currency-nydfs regulations.  Now, he wants to quit his fed job and have you hire him so he can take tons of money from your company to navigate through the mines he laid!!   Please don't hire this guy.  Talk about abuse of a government job.  

Lawsky creates all these crazy laws with the idea he can have a job later.  The result: Xapo, Antonopolis, others all leave the US.  Lawsky is an asshole for putting such a huge burden on bitcoin community, so he can have a job, at the expense of the community leaving New York.  For every dollar Lawsky made for himself, he cost the community $10,000.  Now, your explanation tells why Lawsky did it.  I know why he did it - 'its just business'.  
When a theif steals a $1000 car stereo and sells it for $100, he does 10:1 damage:gain.  How much damage did Lawsky actually do in order that he have a sweet consulting lawfirm job after leaving government?  100:1?; 1000:1; 10000:1 - at some point you've got to complain.  'Its just business' isn't a sufficient explanation.  

I heard about Xapo but I didn't know Antonopoulos left the U.S.
Any idea of where he relocated?
louise123

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 09:28:01 AM

Once again, I understand why you are upset.
But let me ask you this:
What do you plan on doing about it?
"Bitching in forums" isn't sufficient to stop what has been happening ever since money was invented Wink

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
             ▄███▌ █
            ▀▀▀██▄  █
          ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
         █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
        ▄██ ███▄    █
       ▐███▀   ▀█   █
       ████     █   █
      ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
      ▀▄▄███▌      █
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
              █  ▄▀
              ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
 ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
  ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄ ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
   ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
  ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
    ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
    ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████ ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
    █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
    ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                               ▄█████
                                                                           ▄███████▀
                                                                           ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
 LIGHTPAPER
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
mikewirth (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 09:39:11 AM

Once again, I understand why you are upset.
But let me ask you this:
What do you plan on doing about it?
"Bitching in forums" isn't sufficient to stop what has been happening ever since money was invented Wink

You might be wrong.  This forum is bigger than any other in the bitcoin community.  Getting people motivated against this activity taken up by US regulators and reminding them that everyone is leaving in earnest can make them think twice about overly regulating an important community.  NY may have choked the life out of young bitcoin startups, but silicon valley/ California still has some chance to go a different direction.  Popular opinion does matter.  Bitching in forums can move popular opinion. 
mikewirth (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:27:20 PM

I heard about Xapo but I didn't know Antonopoulos left the U.S.
Any idea of where he relocated?
Yeah, he is a senator in Canada now.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:32:25 PM

I have to agree with the OP. This is very unethical to have insisted on a bunch of laws then quit and offer yourself as a way to navigate the same laws. It happens a lot in government, but there really should be a rule about waiting two years or so.
It is very bad in the military. Countless officers nearing retirement help contractors to get at tax payer money under the assumption that they will be given a "job" when they leave the military.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
RitzBitzz

Activity: 331

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:24:08 PM

Sounds like a good ole case of crony capitalism.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:36:03 PM

Buddy has a point though..

What are you going to do about it? Nothing, I thought so.  Not that I am but still.

I completely agree but what can we actually do?  This is why I veiw the entire population except those born into owning Central banks salves of those that are.  Royal bankers rule this world.  Bitcoin is like the gun in france in the late 1700's...

RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2015, 05:30:36 PM

Buddy has a point though..

What are you going to do about it? Nothing, I thought so.  Not that I am but still.

I completely agree but what can we actually do?  This is why I veiw the entire population except those born into owning Central banks salves of those that are.  Royal bankers rule this world.  Bitcoin is like the gun in france in the late 1700's...

UK is already bent on sticking it up NY/Lawsky's ass.  http://www.coindesk.com/will-the-new-uk-government-create-a-bitcoin-hub/ The problem is, Lawsky doesn't think it is late.  But so many US companies are already long gone and busy setting up shop in Singapore, Zug, others - just because Lawsky thinks he must put his flashlight up everyone's butt to see what is up there.  OP has a point.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
Buttknuckle

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 05:49:52 PM

I agree OP.  But this is just standard operating procedure.  This is why our economy is such a mess for everyone except the elite.  I suggest everyone go watch a movie called "inside job", it takes a microscope to the 2008 meltdown.  Interesting, if infuriating.

The thing is that we CAN do something about it.  If companies like Xapo refuse to be extorted and instead leave the country then that sends a big message to regulators.  As consumers we can refuse to use U.S. based companies.  Harsh, but this is the opening salvo in an ongoing war. 

Regulation can be a good thing (see: the food industry) however it must be done by ANYONE except a lawyer.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 07:37:18 PM

I agree OP.  But this is just standard operating procedure.  This is why our economy is such a mess for everyone except the elite.  I suggest everyone go watch a movie called "inside job", it takes a microscope to the 2008 meltdown.  Interesting, if infuriating.

The thing is that we CAN do something about it.  If companies like Xapo refuse to be extorted and instead leave the country then that sends a big message to regulators.  As consumers we can refuse to use U.S. based companies.  Harsh, but this is the opening salvo in an ongoing war. 

Regulation can be a good thing (see: the food industry) however it must be done by ANYONE except a lawyer.

i don't think that the government would care if someone leave their country, unless they all do it, and as a result the whole country might die basically, but this isn't something that can happen ever, and many people actually don't care, as long as they have no problem and their life is quiet
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2015, 11:26:30 PM

And yet people continue to give these people power through their tax dollars.

Giving someone power then getting upset with them for abusing it is not the path forward. The first step is to figure out how to stop giving them power.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
jc01480

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Nope..

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 12:19:00 AM

You lost me at "New York...".
vm_mpn

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 12:49:08 AM

To be fair there are other 49 states beside NY... Granted, other states expect to follow NY BL rules to some degree but I do not think all this is final and hostile. Besides, with how corrupt this sounds, I would rather have these ex-regulators consult bitcoin side of enterprise rather than team up with Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan.
BIT-Sharon

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 12:58:57 AM

Is it right or wrong for his behavior? I am a little confused about the motion. Maybe it shows that he looks for further increase of Bitcoin.
mercistheman

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 01:22:34 AM

For those states that choose not to use a version of bitlicense there will be new opportunities.
Eventually this should lead to NY reconsidering their stance.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: