Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:06:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Government Regulator Assholes  (Read 3075 times)
TKeenan

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 08:12:07 PM

For Beauregard, the BitLicense is about providing customer protection to people who are not actually requesting it. The regulatory framework, he said, was brought on largely by the failings of now-defunct bitcoin exchange Mt Gox.

In terms of long-term impact, Beauregard said the BitLicense would effectively drive bitcoin businesses out of New York and the US in their quest for more welcoming jurisdictions. "It is a shame to see government stomping on innovation at a time when many financial systems around the world are failing."

He concluded: "The US government and large merchants have shown they cannot effectively safeguard our personal and financial information. Now an invention [bitcoin] comes along that helps to solve the problem, and this BitLicense regulation seeks to carry on the legacy of failure to protect the very people it claims to be serving by applying the old rules to this new technology."

This is insane.  Bitlicense is just an enormous flashlight being shoved up our asses by the government to find out if it is dirty up there. 

When people use bitcoin to launder money - bust them for that.  When people use it to defraud, prosecute them for fraud.  Why the hell put heavy steel shackle and chains on a tiny baby?  The cops aren't having any difficulty going and finding the bad guys.  Most of them are already in jail : Karpeles, Shrem, Ulbrict. 
Now, good decent law abiding companies are running from the US and going to bitcoin friendly UK.  I've got a feeling NY is going to pay dearly for this very dumb move. 
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 08:55:31 PM

This asshole Lawsky laid a very complex minefield of bullshit http://www.coindesk.com/lawsky-consult-digital-currency-nydfs regulations.  Now, he wants to quit his government job and have you hire him so he can take tons of money from your company to navigate through the mines he laid!!   Please don't hire this guy.  Talk about abuse of a government job.  

I don't know what's he up to with this move, but boy, did he f**ck up in NY!! State of New York could have been a crypto and Bitcoin capital region of the world with all of the start ups and companies that would be located there and now they are all gone. What short-sighted moves did he make there, that's really unbelievable.

And now to see that he wants to join Bitcoin community, this is really weird to me!
BTCBinary

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 09:38:10 PM

These assholes don´t even try to understand what digital currency can mean for all of us!
FU+´/ª~++** puppets, they always run to protect others interests...
TKeenan

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 09:51:58 PM

This asshole Lawsky laid a very complex minefield of bullshit http://www.coindesk.com/lawsky-consult-digital-currency-nydfs regulations.  Now, he wants to quit his government job and have you hire him so he can take tons of money from your company to navigate through the mines he laid!!   Please don't hire this guy.  Talk about abuse of a government job.  

I don't know what's he up to with this move, but boy, did he f**ck up in NY!! State of New York could have been a crypto and Bitcoin capital region of the world with all of the start ups and companies that would be located there and now they are all gone. What short-sighted moves did he make there, that's really unbelievable.

And now to see that he wants to join Bitcoin community, this is really weird to me!
except Jeron - he decided to stay and kiss their asses.  His company will shrivel up and die try to suck up to Lawsky and the Feds.  Otherwise sensible bitcoiners only see NY in the rearview mirror.  Some people I know were setting up a massive operation in NYC just when all this hit, they as SOOOOO grateful they caught wind early and packed it up.  Saved them a nightmare.  Those who stayed in NYC - can pay the price.  

You just can't stuff an enormous regulation nightmare down the throats of tiny young technology companies.  Lawsky is an idiot to think this was helping anyone.  

Oh well.  History is done.  NY is out as a Bitcoin option.

TKeenan

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:08:32 PM

Well, I guess we predicted this...
http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-exchanges-kraken-and-bitstamp-cut-services-in-new-york/?utm_content=buffer254ca&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

The exodus continues.  Nobody can afford Lawsky's bullshit.  How out of touch can one possibly be? 
TheMage

Activity: 812

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:27:34 PM

Well, I guess we predicted this...
http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-exchanges-kraken-and-bitstamp-cut-services-in-new-york/?utm_content=buffer254ca&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

The exodus continues.  Nobody can afford Lawsky's bullshit.  How out of touch can one possibly be? 

Well this is awkward.....https://twitter.com/nejc_kodric/status/630309296245489664

Bitstamp will be applying for it.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
ashour

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 06:03:56 PM

Those regulators are on a "paycheck" list, they do what they tell them or they are replaced by somebody who compiles. They aren't dumb, they know really well what bitcoin is but they don't have a choice. They do what they tell the to do.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 06:47:13 PM

All they will accomplish with stuff like BitLicense is emptying wherever the implant the license at off any Bitcoin ventures. Everyone is already evacuating NYC like if it was plagued by a virus. Ben ruined NYC from being the capital of BTC in the future. What a jackass.
ashour

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 07:17:19 PM

All they will accomplish with stuff like BitLicense is emptying wherever the implant the license at off any Bitcoin ventures. Everyone is already evacuating NYC like if it was plagued by a virus. Ben ruined NYC from being the capital of BTC in the future. What a jackass.
That is not true, not everyone is leaving NY. Those who left/are leaving just thought that NY wasn't profitable/worthy to operate in.
harrymmmm

Activity: 576
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 09:06:29 PM

That is not true, not everyone is leaving NY. Those who left/are leaving just thought that NY wasn't profitable/worthy to operate in.

Yeah, it's not so black and white.
Gotta say tho, I'm impressed to see some resistance for a change, instead of just bending over like business usually does.

TKeenan

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 09:23:15 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2015, 09:37:24 PM by TKeenan

Yeah, it's not so black and white.
Gotta say tho, I'm impressed to see some resistance for a change, instead of just bending over like business usually does.

LOL!  This guy (Comptroller Thomas Curry ) is brilliant - but far too late.  
http://www.coindesk.com/us-bank-regulator-calls-for-balanced-bitcoin-oversight/

Lawsky already has heavy burdensome law in place - his flashlight is well up everyone's ass (ask Jaron) - companies (Xapo, Bitstamp, Kraken, many others) HAVE ALREADY LEFT!!,  and now this guys says: "he called for regulators to avoid crafting overly burdensome rules that could stifle otherwise productive work on financial technology"

LOL!!!  American government.  Idiots!!  

Laws against fraud work with Bitcoin - ask Trendon Shavers.
Laws against money laundering work with Bitcoin - ask Charlie Schrem
Laws against drug pushing work with Bitcoin - ask Ross Ulbricht

Why does Lawsky think it is OK to crush small bitcoin operators with ridiculous expensive registration schemes - which do nothing but push good people out of NY and out of US?  Holy crap.  Mistake of the century for people in the US.  Next thing they ought to outlaw TV remote controls.  WTF?
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 09:35:37 PM

Bureaucrats create more bureaucracy for the same reason that ticks suck blood, its their way of life, they are parasites

Then others have to waste time too, to comply or avoid the regulation. There are experts that claim that up to 80% of all the hours we work/spend are so called "useless work", and I tend to believe that.

Angry Angry Angry

Truth is the new hatespeech.
TKeenan

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 09:41:32 PM

Bureaucrats create more bureaucracy for the same reason that ticks suck blood, its their way of life, they are parasites

Then others have to waste time too, to comply or avoid the regulation. There are experts that claim that up to 80% of all the hours we work/spend are so called "useless work", and I tend to believe that.

TSA in American airports spend enormous amounts of money 'looking for bombs'.  Recent tests showed more than 90% of test contraband easily passed into secure areas.  TSA does nothing but make people think airports are secure.  They sure as hell don't stop bad stuff from passing.  While TSA is very annoying, they are not making an entire industry turn and put the US in the rearview mirror.  I can live with TSA - dumb and wasteful as they are.  

Lawsky's Bitlicense made it clear to Bitcoiners - if you are going to do anything, don't do it in the US.  You might just end up in a jail cell next to Schrem, Ulbrict or Shavers.  

Fuck
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 09:56:40 PM

That is the US government.  They piss out the campfire.  Someone tells them it was for cooking dinner.  Then they say: 'hey, let's build a fire!' 

Stupid fuckers don't realize it is too late.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 10:15:56 PM

That is the US government.  They piss out the campfire.  Someone tells them it was for cooking dinner.  Then they say: 'hey, let's build a fire!' 

This sounds fairly normal considering the state of the US's attempt to regulate Bitcoin. They fear any changes that can occur with the current system, and so they attempt to discourage people fromm using it. Then, when it actually turns out to not be a bad idea, they say exactly what you said.

Kind of a shame that's how politics works. I personally believe we need more open-minded individuals in the government, but what do I know Tongue
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 10:25:03 PM

This sounds fairly normal considering the state of the US's attempt to regulate Bitcoin. They fear any changes that can occur with the current system, and so they attempt to discourage people fromm using it. Then, when it actually turns out to not be a bad idea, they say exactly what you said.

Kind of a shame that's how politics works. I personally believe we need more open-minded individuals in the government, but what do I know Tongue

This is why Donald Trump is going to be the next president.  People are tired of politics bullshit.  Double speak is as bad as double spend.  While Donald Trump is a wild man with his bullshit, he sure doesn't talk like a politician.  It would be funny if he wins.  I wonder what he thinks of bitcoin.  He sure as hell likes money.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
TheMage

Activity: 812

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 11:32:41 PM

TSA in American airports spend enormous amounts of money 'looking for bombs'.  Recent tests showed more than 90% of test contraband easily passed into secure areas.  TSA does nothing but make people think airports are secure.  They sure as hell don't stop bad stuff from passing.  While TSA is very annoying, they are not making an entire industry turn and put the US in the rearview mirror.  I can live with TSA - dumb and wasteful as they are.  

Lawsky's Bitlicense made it clear to Bitcoiners - if you are going to do anything, don't do it in the US.  You might just end up in a jail cell next to Schrem, Ulbrict or Shavers.  

Fuck

I hope you aren't using these people as examples of martyrs, because if these are the best examples anyone can come up with Crypto's are doomed  Roll Eyes.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 02:00:55 AM

This is why Donald Trump is going to be the next president.  People are tired of politics bullshit.  Double speak is as bad as double spend.  While Donald Trump is a wild man with his bullshit, he sure doesn't talk like a politician.  It would be funny if he wins.  I wonder what he thinks of bitcoin.  He sure as hell likes money.
I'm not American, but I kind of want Trump to win, for the same reason that you're talking about. It's nice that he speaks his mind anyways, instead of being worried with political correctness.

"Can't stump the Trump!"
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: