Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:49:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's get #bitcoinpizzaday trending worldwide on Twitter tomorrow!  (Read 1351 times)
alfie_moon (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 08:40:25 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2015, 03:18:16 PM by alfie_moon

Who's with me?  Grin

EDIT: It's been pointed out to me that if we all decide on a specific time to post, it's more likely to trend! Shall we go with May 22, 2015 18:00 GMT?
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 08:54:16 AM

Who's with me?  Grin

I can be with you but it would be very hard to get anything going without a greater plan of action.
alfie_moon (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 08:56:54 AM

Who's with me?  Grin

I can be with you but it would be very hard to get anything going without a greater plan of action.

I'm just feeling very optimistic today (not to mention super excited for pizza).
Havelivi

Activity: 896

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 09:14:31 AM

Who's with me?  Grin

I'm just feeling very optimistic today (not to mention super excited for pizza).

i am also interested to do this so what stuff you are tweeting about this historical Bitcoin Pizza Day? so many people already trending and try to raise the public awareness about this.
alfie_moon (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 09:31:17 AM

Who's with me?  Grin

i am also interested to do this so what stuff you are tweeting about this historical Bitcoin Pizza Day? so many people already trending and try to raise the public awareness about this.

It'll be a challenge, but it would great if we could get it trending, if only for a short period of time!  Grin I guess it just needs enough of us to use the hashtag - BITCOIN COMMUNITY UNITE! I've posted this on Reddit too r/bitcoin where they have 165k subscribers... it would be awesome if we could make more people aware of bitcoin through bitcoin pizza day!
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 09:34:09 AM

If there was a thunderclap for this a month ago.. Anyway, I will be joining in to support #bitcoinpizzaday tomorrow with the username @inTechPlus.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
alfie_moon (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 09:42:06 AM

If there was a thunderclap for this a month ago.. Anyway, I will be joining in to support #bitcoinpizzaday tomorrow with the username @inTechPlus.

Awesome! I hope you will be joining in with pizza too?  Grin
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 09:48:03 AM

Someone buy me a pizza. Will pay 10.000 BTC for it.

#BitcoinPizzaDay

God I wish I was on the BTC waggon back in 2011 and 2012.

shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 09:49:25 AM

I have another idea proposal, but I dont know if there is enough time for this.

If you see at the services section there are alot of people who sell service like twitter follower or RT service perhaps. If we want to use this service , we could each donate like 0.001 btc to get this #bitcoinpizzaday a worldwide trending topic because that most bitcoiner doesnt have twitter I think and that more people will be curious about bitcoin.
coinpr0n

Activity: 910

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 11:11:40 AM

If Laszlo came out supporting this it could be huge! xD It's a day of celebration ... I'll definitely show my support!

alfie_moon (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 12:33:48 PM

I have another idea proposal, but I dont know if there is enough time for this.

If you see at the services section there are alot of people who sell service like twitter follower or RT service perhaps. If we want to use this service , we could each donate like 0.001 btc to get this #bitcoinpizzaday a worldwide trending topic because that most bitcoiner doesnt have twitter I think and that more people will be curious about bitcoin.

I think that could be a good idea, but I'm not sure where you're looking! On the other hand, if anyone has $200,000 lying around to create a promoted trend for #bitcoinpizzaday, that would also be good!  Wink http://mashable.com/2013/02/11/report-twitter-now-charges-200000-for-promoted-trends/
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 01:20:54 PM

This is a double edged sword. It shows how much BTC has improved since then when it was pretty much worthless, but it also makes people pissed off at not having invested back then when 10.000 BTC was worth pennies.
NyeFe

Activity: 699
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 01:22:45 PM

Visit your local pizza shop and demand to pay 20% extra with bitcoin! well...

MicroDApp.com—Smart Contract developers. Lets build a decentralized future!
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 01:51:33 PM

Visit your local pizza shop and demand to pay 20% extra with bitcoin! well...

Why would you need to pay 20% extra for your pizza with bitcoin? Doesn't seem logic to me?
neoneros

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I can draw your avatar!

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 02:00:55 PM

Going to tweet and post my pizza picture tomorrow #bitcoinpizzaday, it is a memorable event in bitcoin history!

it would be nice if the pizza places or online ordering companies accepting bitcoin would give a nice discount tomorrow. Will inform if they might have a special on bitcoin orders here in the Netherlands at 'thuisbezorgd.nl'  Grin

SpanishSoldier

Activity: 686
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 02:02:39 PM

Who's with me?  Grin

I can see, your post has been appreciated in reddit. Please update both OP & reddit post with a GMT time. It is not possible to flood twitter throughout the day. But, if you specify GMT time +/- 10 minutes to that... it is POSSIBLE.

I'm with U Wink
alfie_moon (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 02:27:57 PM

Who's with me?  Grin

I can see, your post has been appreciated in reddit. Please update both OP & reddit post with a GMT time. It is not possible to flood twitter throughout the day. But, if you specify GMT time +/- 10 minutes to that... it is POSSIBLE.

I'm with U Wink

Woohoo! Good idea! Let's go for midday GMT - I'll update my posts.
SpanishSoldier

Activity: 686
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 02:36:23 PM

Who's with me?  Grin

I'm with U Wink

What is midday GMT ? Please update a time you think the best, e.g. May 22, 2015 18:00 GMT
coinpr0n

Activity: 910

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 02:42:14 PM

Who's with me?  Grin

I'm with U Wink

What is midday GMT ? Please update a time you think the best, e.g. May 22, 2015 18:00 GMT

Midday is usually referring to noon (12pm). I personally think this is too early for most folks in the USA will be early in the morning and likely sleeping. I think 18:00 would make for a better worldwide time.

dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 02:58:43 PM

I cannot participate in buying an actual pizza for bitcoins, but I could probably tweet about the event. I've been trying to find the appropriate and legitimate service wherein I could buy pizza for my bitcoins, but apparently, such a service isn't available yet on our country. 12:00 GMT would probably be around 8PM for me. I would love to take part in this historical event by tweeting, though I want to eat a pepperoni pizza with lots of cheese toppings for that day. Sad

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: