Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:28:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't Skrill mind if you receive funds from so many accounts?  (Read 1893 times)
regtrade (OP)

Activity: 194
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 10:44:32 AM

If you sell a large amount of BTC via Skrill, have you had any problems with Skrill since you are receiving so many transfers from different accounts?

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P CRYPTO EXCHANGE   ]      ▬▬▬▬    BITVALVE
                                   ❱ BUY BITCOIN       ❱ BUY ETHEREUM                     BUY LITECOIN
                                             ❱ BUY BITCOIN WITH PAYPAL      ❱ BUY ETHEREUM WITH PAYPAL              [   ◾◾◾ JOIN BITVALVE   ◾   WHITEPAPER   ]
Honeybooboo

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 11:01:04 AM

Read their terms of service. Some people seem to be able to use it fine and others get their accounts shut down. It probably depends on a number of factors but if they think you're up to something dodgy or even just your activity looks suspicious they'll very likely shut your account down without warning.
regtrade (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 01:48:36 PM

yeah, I've had experience with Skrill over the years (as Moneybookers) and I am aware of their hardline policy against "transferrers". I'm also aware that some people can get away with doing repeated large amounts over time, luckily I am one (touch wood)

Now that Neteller have taken over them we may see some changes, Neteller have historically been more of a pain in the ass than Skrill.

I was just hoping for a different angle on the same problem really. Have they suspended accounts and then relaxed once you've explained that you are selling BTC?

❱ BUY BITCOIN WITH PAYPAL      ❱ BUY ETHEREUM WITH PAYPAL              [   ◾◾◾ JOIN BITVALVE   ◾   WHITEPAPER   ]
ammy009

Activity: 303

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2015, 02:43:25 PM

Skrill doesn't support any currency exchange type business ........ it stated in their TOS

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 10:52:33 PM

skrill is pretty strict with their policy. i used it for like 8 months, but stopped doing so after they froze my funds without a legit reason. they released my funds after nearly 1 month of heavy communication. that's one of the reasons i use bitcoin now.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 02:58:15 AM

I am using Skrill for years, and their debit card aswell, and so far had zero problems with them. Try to make a more selective pick when exchanging for Skrill, make sure
it's from user that wont try to challange the payment made (make sure funds are not CC funded)

They dont know how you got the funds if you dont make your transactions publicly in a thread or something, so you can always claim you sold a service , and did no exchange what so ever.
Stay safe.

cheers
ammy009

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 05:35:07 AM

I am using Moneybookers (formerly Skrill) from 2009. And I never face any critical problems & fund loss.

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 10:10:45 AM

I am using Moneybookers (formerly Skrill) from 2009. And I never face any critical problems & fund loss.

What are you doing to make yourself safe? Same like i stated in the post above or ?
I believe they monitor and cause problems to the account that are involved in fund chargebacks, and to those who have amount of transactions both in and out, that would suggest
that they are doing currency exchange, and/or can be involved in money laundering.

cheers
ammy009

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 11:47:02 AM

What are you doing to make yourself safe? Same like i stated in the post above or ?
I believe they monitor and cause problems to the account that are involved in fund chargebacks, and to those who have amount of transactions both in and out, that would suggest
that they are doing currency exchange, and/or can be involved in money laundering.

cheers
I only work in freelancer.com & odesk.com (now upworks.com) & use Skrill to receive my payments. Skrill temporary blocked my account several times ,but, I successfully unlocked my account.

erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 10:42:56 AM

I've also been using Moneybookers and have never had any problem in receving and sending funds. My account is verified as well and there has never been any chargeback issues due to which my account has been safe. If they detect any currency exchange, there's a possibility that they may close your account but since I've been doing tasks for the Skrill cash, I've never had any issues.

Just read the Help section and TOS if you are at doubt anytime: https://help.skrill.com/en https://www.skrill.com/en/siteinformation/terms-conditions/

Nrcewker
Copper Member

Activity: 2212
Merit: 536

Promotional Campaign Manager|Telegram @NrcewkerBTC

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 04:19:10 AM

I think this should not have the problem if I set this account to set up businesses account

regtrade (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 07:27:50 PM

Skrill doesn't support any currency exchange type business ........ it stated in their TOS

In the US and I believe the UK (where Skrill is licenced) BTC is viewed as an asset, not a currency

Fakhoury
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Permabull Bitcoin Investor

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 08:25:28 PM

If you sell a large amount of BTC via Skrill, have you had any problems with Skrill since you are receiving so many transfers from different accounts?

I will reply on this part as I've been there

have you had any problems with Skrill since you are receiving so many transfers from different accounts?

Yes, I had and my account in currently closed now with good amount in it.

Dealing with any online processor is liking dealing with fire, Skrill, payza, paypal, ... etc., they all suck.

If I were you, I will have two solutions, no third.

Either I always withdraw any money in my Skrill to my Bank for example, the point here is to always have zero balance in your Skrill. Or, don't deal with Skrill and stop risking your money and nervous there.

Wish you the best.

Quote from:  Satoshi Nakamoto
Feb. 14, 2010: I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume.
melisande

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 09:45:53 PM

If the funds are legitimate and traceable, you may apply for a business or premier account with skrill, you will not have any problem with them.
noel57

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 10:41:48 PM

No, they don't mind provided the fund are from clean source and you did not pay your daily or monthly limits.

melisande

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 08:10:31 PM

No matter how you lift your account limits it will surely have a monthly limits but if you are sure you are expecting huge and legitimate funds, it will be advisable to contact them, this is because of the anti money laundry law.
ajun96

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 01:28:17 AM

who wants 3$ Skrill, just 0.007 BTC ?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 06:10:57 AM

wrong section, take a look at the market place in the currency exchange sub forum, you can find someone that will accept your offer
melisande

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 07:25:19 AM

You don't have any right to hijack another persons thread, create your request here  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=53.0
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2015, 10:28:19 AM

My friend's account was recently closed due to a large number of transactions. Skrill just verified the transactions and sources and when they dint find anything, the reopened the account. No questions were asked but they do it just for the account security.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: