Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:44:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How To Make Faucet on WordPress ?  (Read 1525 times)
vhaleandra (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 12:24:52 PM

I want to make Faucet on Wordpress . .
I've been searching on Wordpress plugins and googled but failed to find any ..

Anyone know solution for me ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chrisvl
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

Trainman

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 12:29:32 PM

Why wordpress ? there are many opensource faucets scripts

vhaleandra (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 12:32:15 PM

because, i want create Blog and faucet in 1 domain. .
what you have solution ?
chrisvl
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

Trainman

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 12:38:23 PM

what you have solution ?
i dont know if exist that you want but if you have programm skills you can use an opensource faucet script and build it in your measures

vhaleandra (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 01:14:38 PM

what you have solution ?
i dont know if exist that you want but if you have programm skills you can use an opensource faucet script and build it in your measures

what if using subdomain ?
Ex : http://faucet.directory/
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:10:35 PM

As far as I know, there is no ready-to-use faucet plugin for Wordpress. Instead, use one of the free faucet scripts and add it to a subdomain. If your blog runs on www.myblog.tld then just add a new folder with your script like www.myblog.tld/faucet.
ElscottHavoc

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 08:37:17 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2015, 08:48:35 PM by ElscottHavoc

Probably the easiest solution if you're dead set on using WordPress solely is to use a plugin like MyCred to give users "points" and change the name to Bitcoin.  Then set the features of MyCred to give points for certain actions - logging in, viewing posts, etc.  You'll want to set MyCred to 8 decimal places.

You'll need to allow anyone to register and provide them with an account page.  The problem with this though, and basically any points system on Wordpress is a lack of withdraw features...there's plenty of Bitcoin deposit plugins for buying items, but sending money, let alone Bitcoin, is basically non existent except for some PayPal ApI withdraw features for affiliate plugins or vendor shop plugins that require paying commissions.  Of course, anything can be coded to do anything if you have the knowledge, so maybe those plugins would be a good starting point.

As it is, if you wanted to allow users to Withdraw points, yoh would either need to custom code a withdraw feature that allow them to Withdraw X points to their Bitcoin account or implement manual payouts my manually sending the coins and manually altering their account balance.  This would be tedious and errors would be possible.  You might be able to implement Woocommerce o to allow users to "buy" fixed withdraw products or use Contact Form 7 integration to Withdraw account balances when they submit a withdraw form, but even then its be time consuming to manually process payouts.

Lastly, you will probably want to use some sort of login encryption software, captch plugins, etc to make Word press more secure.

WordPress can be powerful, albeit slow in comparison to cusom code or other CMS systems like Drupal, but it's also probably not as secure and private "out of the box" as the bitcoin community would like.  Last I knew and I may be wrong, but without Encryption login plugins or SSL, WordPress login is still plaintext and can be sniffed - I think...

All that said, you're Probably much better off building off a stand alone faucet script as a starting point.  There's no reason that your blog can't be installed to a separate directory on your hostinghosting unless of course, the hosting has disallowed additional MySQL databases, subdomains or director is that make that impossible.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: